home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-09-2019, 11:08 AM   #21
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Have you seen this youtube room video? Shows the view from one of the West wing rooms.

https://youtu.be/Fm7RXzCJ4B0?t=2
Great find! Here constant greetings annoyed me until I realized she was doing FB Live and then uploaded it to YouTube!! We're staying in a 1 bedroom, so that was a perfect video for me.

I'm hoping that's a standard view room because of the parking lot, but it's still a great view for Epcot fireworks if it is standard view. We almost booked standard, but they went like hotcakes, so I splurged on Premium since I had the points and knew I would never do it again. (I suspect any future DRR stays will be standard or premium view studio.)

So, I'm thinking I may end up requesting West Wing. We'll see. Maybe I'll just do a Member Service request for "Fireworks view" and let them figure it out.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:10 AM   #22
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
Reminds me to ask since TPís request ability has effect gone away - whatís the best way to request room locations now?
Has it gone away? I thought they could still do their service?

If you are happy with the request options used for online check-in, I would just use those. We've never not gotten our requests that way. If you need something more specific, call MS and ask them to note it.

Honestly, I'm not that obsessed with requests so I don't worry about faxes, etc. If it's noted on the reservation, they will do what they can. For me, that's good enough, and I always have a second choice to fall back on that is sufficiently broad.

Dirk

Old 12-09-2019, 11:12 AM   #23
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
On a side note, had to shake my head when watching the video and the lady says This is a one bedroom which sleeps up to 5, although you can always try to put in more.
If there ever was a reason to censor the internet, that would be it!!

Dirk

Old 12-09-2019, 01:32 PM   #24
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Great find! Here constant greetings annoyed me until I realized she was doing FB Live and then uploaded it to YouTube!! We're staying in a 1 bedroom, so that was a perfect video for me.

I'm hoping that's a standard view room because of the parking lot, but it's still a great view for Epcot fireworks if it is standard view. We almost booked standard, but they went like hotcakes, so I splurged on Premium since I had the points and knew I would never do it again. (I suspect any future DRR stays will be standard or premium view studio.)

So, I'm thinking I may end up requesting West Wing. We'll see. Maybe I'll just do a Member Service request for "Fireworks view" and let them figure it out.

Dirk
Yes, same for me on the greeting until I figured it out and she also started responding to questions from the live feed. She definitely was figuring out a DVC room and had gone in with only a slight understanding of what Riviera had but it was nice to see it and especially the view. As you say it would be interesting to know what category that is actually in. It's a very sideways view of Epcot and with the front I'd think it must be standard.

Will the premium view rooms have views of both DHS and Epcot fireworks or most just one or the other? That would be my question on requesting a firework view but if either one is agreeable I'd have to think that'll work.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:34 PM   #25
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
On a side note, had to shake my head when watching the video and the lady says This is a one bedroom which sleeps up to 5, although you can always try to put in more.
Oh yes. Lots of floor space there!
Old 12-09-2019, 03:16 PM   #26
salmoneous
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdownthehatch View Post
Interesting to see that Disney is officially calling that a pool bar. Canít wait to see it in person, to see how integrated the bar is with the pool. Or not. I am a man with strong opinions on pool bars. One of which is that a bar in the vicinity of the pool isnít a pool bar. See suitcase comma gurgling.
salmoneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:04 PM   #27
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Yes, same for me on the greeting until I figured it out and she also started responding to questions from the live feed. She definitely was figuring out a DVC room and had gone in with only a slight understanding of what Riviera had but it was nice to see it and especially the view. As you say it would be interesting to know what category that is actually in. It's a very sideways view of Epcot and with the front I'd think it must be standard.

Will the premium view rooms have views of both DHS and Epcot fireworks or most just one or the other? That would be my question on requesting a firework view but if either one is agreeable I'd have to think that'll work.
my understanding is that something like 75% will be premium view -- which leads me to believe that only that northeast corner will be standard. Presumably, the view you saw that looks out to epcot will be considered premium even though it looks out onto a parking lot. This would be similar to BLT theme park view (e.g., ugly during the day -- but pretty at night as the parking lot "disappears" in the darkness).
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:47 PM   #28
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
my understanding is that something like 75% will be premium view -- which leads me to believe that only that northeast corner will be standard. Presumably, the view you saw that looks out to epcot will be considered premium even though it looks out onto a parking lot. This would be similar to BLT theme park view (e.g., ugly during the day -- but pretty at night as the parking lot "disappears" in the darkness).
If that room is a Standard View, they definitely need to kill touringplans.com's room request service as everybody will request that room!! It would not be bad at all. It's also amazing to see how much bigger the Guardians building is compared to Spaceship Earth. At leas you won't see Guardians at night.

Regarding fireworks view, I think it's always going to be either this or that, unless the Epcot facing West Tower rooms also give you a DHS view. Have to play around on Maps to see.

Regarding choices, I may amend it to asking MS to note "Epcot view requested," followed by "Upper floor" as my second option. We have preferred view, so as long as I get upper floor, I'll be extremely happy. Lower floors shouldn't be tragic, just not as breathtaking.

Dirk

Dirk