home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM   #521
noreen99
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
MS is unable to make cash reservations at non-DVC resorts.
thanks-
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM   #522
Sephorin
One Bedroom

So the cabins at CCV. Have any of you stayed in one? Is there any noise from the boat horn? Anything I should be aware of (the good and the bad)if I plan a stay there?

JC and Jax, thank you for the information about cash reservations. I called and got a couple of quotes today.

And goodness but those cabins are expensive!
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM   #523
JCinWonderland
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post
So the cabins at CCV. Have any of you stayed in one? Is there any noise from the boat horn? Anything I should be aware of (the good and the bad)if I plan a stay there?

JC and Jax, thank you for the information about cash reservations. I called and got a couple of quotes today.

And goodness but those cabins are expensive!
No problem! Are you planning another trip or adding on to your already booked trip?

And I'm not sure I want to know what a CCV cabin goes for!
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM   #524
Sephorin
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
No problem! Are you planning another trip or adding on to your already booked trip?

It's over $10,000 plus tax for five nights in February. , indeed!

My sister and her husband are planning to go to Florida in February to visit the keys and go to Disney World. I'll have an active annual pass at that time, as well as a Southwest companion pass, so I am planning to go with them. We were hoping to get a two bedroom at BRV or CCV, but there are none available for cash right now. A cabin would also work, but I just don't know if I can bring myself to pay over $11,000. I mean, I could use that and another $9,000 to buy a decent sized resale contract.

Oh, and I am using my 2019 points for a January trip (two bedroom at BLT with friends) and a November/December trip (studio or one bedroom at BLT with my daughter, who will be almost three).

So right now I have trips planned in January, February, and November/December. Happy days!

The February trip will be somewhere around the 5th through the 10th. I'll get it posted on the meetup thread when I get everything settled. Aren't you going at around that time?
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM   #525
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

I'm afraid it's one of those "a week in a studio or a night in a cabin" deals. I haven't done the math but think it's in the ballpark.

And you're going to do it someday. You know you want to....

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM   #526
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Red face Poly stufio occupancy q

Can a poly studio accomodate 5 adults plus an infant under 3?

Tia goldi
goldilocks_63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM   #527
JCinWonderland
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post
It's over $10,000 plus tax for five nights in February. , indeed!

My sister and her husband are planning to go to Florida in February to visit the keys and go to Disney World. I'll have an active annual pass at that time, as well as a Southwest companion pass, so I am planning to go with them. We were hoping to get a two bedroom at BRV or CCV, but there are none available for cash right now. A cabin would also work, but I just don't know if I can bring myself to pay over $11,000. I mean, I could use that and another $9,000 to buy a decent sized resale contract.

Oh, and I am using my 2019 points for a January trip (two bedroom at BLT with friends) and a November/December trip (studio or one bedroom at BLT with my daughter, who will be almost three).

So right now I have trips planned in January, February, and November/December. Happy days!

The February trip will be somewhere around the 5th through the 10th. I'll get it posted on the meetup thread when I get everything settled. Aren't you going at around that time?
Wow! I don't think I'd be able to justify that price for a cabin at CCV. Maybe in some other exotic location with a private beach or something, but that $11,000 is too much for a 5 night Disney trip, IMO. A cabin is only two bedrooms, right?! That's too much $ split between too little people. Just get a couple studios or rooms for that trip!

But that's amazing you are planning to be there in January and then again in February! We'll be there Feb. 2-10, so maybe we can meet up. We'll have friends there part of the time, but still not sure if they will be there on the front or back end of our dates. I haven't added my trips to the meet-up thread yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
I'm afraid it's one of those "a week in a studio or a night in a cabin" deals. I haven't done the math but think it's in the ballpark.

And you're going to do it someday. You know you want to....
Ugh, I really don't think I could bring myself to, but never say never. Maybe when the kids have outgrown Disney trips and we suddenly find ourselves swimming in points!
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:46 PM   #528
all4disney
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
Can a poly studio accomodate 5 adults plus an infant under 3?
Yes, occupancy guidelines do allow this. Prepare to be cramped.
all4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:31 AM   #529
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Wow! I don't think I'd be able to justify that price for a cabin at CCV. Maybe in some other exotic location with a private beach or something, but that $11,000 is too much for a 5 night Disney trip, IMO. A cabin is only two bedrooms, right?! That's too much $ split between too little people. Just get a couple studios or rooms for that trip!
I got to see one on a brief tour in May. IIRC a cabin is pretty much a Grand Villa (3BR) plus a huge porch and a great view.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote