home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-12-2017, 09:31 AM   #1
mwarne87
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Arrow People's favorite DVC Rooms?

Hi Guys!

I thought I'd make a thread where seasoned DVC travelers could give their opinions and feedback on which rooms are the best at the different DVC Resorts.

For eksample, if I'm staying at Jambo House in a deluxe studio savannah view, which room, floor or area would be best to stay at? This was just an eksample offcourse, and I would love feedback on all DVC Resorts.

Anyone's opinion is welcome, and if you have more than one favorite room to stay at in any DVC resort, please feel free to share

Kind Regards, Magnus // Recent DVC Member from Norway
mwarne87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:37 AM   #2
LouisianaMike
Studio

Where in Norway are you from? I love Norway, and not just at EPCOT either!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwarne87 View Post
Hi Guys!

I thought I'd make a thread where seasoned DVC travelers could give their opinions and feedback on which rooms are the best at the different DVC Resorts.

For eksample, if I'm staying at Jambo House in a deluxe studio savannah view, which room, floor or area would be best to stay at? This was just an eksample offcourse, and I would love feedback on all DVC Resorts.

Anyone's opinion is welcome, and if you have more than one favorite room to stay at in any DVC resort, please feel free to share

Kind Regards, Magnus // Recent DVC Member from Norway
LouisianaMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:48 AM   #3
Nickys
One Bedroom

Congratulations on joining DVC and welcome to the boards.

I will confess to being another in the "I love Norway" club, ever since going to the best ever Winter Olympics in Lillehammer all those years ago. Always support your team in any winter sports, and particularly love the cross country and Nordic combined disciplines, all thanks to those games! I'm not that far away, from Scotland, and have returning to Lillehammer on my bucket list.

Anyway to your question, nope have nothing, sorry! I don't ever remember room numbers.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:51 AM   #4
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Welcome!

I don't have favorite room numbers. Some locations or floors (OKW Peninsular area or BWV 1st floor) are ones I prefer, but never a specific room or even building.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:04 AM   #5
mwarne87

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisianaMike View Post
Where in Norway are you from? I love Norway, and not just at EPCOT either!!
Hi Mike, and thanks!=) I'm originally from Harstad, which is way up north above the arctic circle. However after living for years in the UK I have now moved to Oslo. I do love the Norway Pavilion though, I think it's a great representation of our culture
Old 09-12-2017, 10:05 AM   #6
melk
Grand Villa

Welcome!

Whenever we stay at the Wilderness Lodge (BRV) we always like the lake side of the resort. Haven't stayed there since they took down so many trees and built the cabins but I have the feeling we will still enjoy that view.

At the Polynesian we like the Tokelau building. At AKL Kidani we always get savannah view but request close to the elevators. Funny though, I don't think we've ever gotten it...those hallways are super long!
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:06 AM   #7
mwarne87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post

Congratulations on joining DVC and welcome to the boards.

I will confess to being another in the "I love Norway" club, ever since going to the best ever Winter Olympics in Lillehammer all those years ago. Always support your team in any winter sports, and particularly love the cross country and Nordic combined disciplines, all thanks to those games! I'm not that far away, from Scotland, and have returning to Lillehammer on my bucket list.

Anyway to your question, nope have nothing, sorry! I don't ever remember room numbers.
Thanks!=) That's so nice to hear! I am also a big big fan of scottland, so at least we have something in common. I lived in the UK for 8 years, and I performed shows in both Edinburgh and Glasgow several times while I was there
Old 09-12-2017, 10:09 AM   #8
mwarne87

Quote:
Originally Posted by melk View Post
Welcome!

Whenever we stay at the Wilderness Lodge (BRV) we always like the lake side of the resort. Haven't stayed there since they took down so many trees and built the cabins but I have the feeling we will still enjoy that view.

At the Polynesian we like the Tokelau building. At AKL Kidani we always get savannah view but request close to the elevators. Funny though, I don't think we've ever gotten it...those hallways are super long!
Ah, good to know! We're going there for three weeks in jan/feb and we're staying 9 days at AKV Jambo house. I'll make sure to ask for a room close to an elivator. Also thanks for the Poly tips, as this is my home resort I expect to be staying there quite a lot
Old 09-12-2017, 10:11 AM   #9
mwarne87

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Welcome!

I don't have favorite room numbers. Some locations or floors (OKW Peninsular area or BWV 1st floor) are ones I prefer, but never a specific room or even building.
Well any suggestions are welcome, so at least I'll know what to keep in mind when booking at either of those resorts
Old 09-12-2017, 01:23 PM   #10
pdude81
Two Bedroom

Recently stayed in an unobstructed Poly Lake View room. The only negative thing about it is that they don't let you listen to the fireworks soundtrack even though the view is really good from the room. Some are blocked by bungalows or trees but the rooms toward the end on either side in level 2 or 3 look to have a good clear view.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote