home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM   #141
DougEMG
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
Those of you saying you won't pay for FP better hold on tight. IMHO pay for all FP is coming. Remember Wall Street and the Board were told how this investment was going to make money

My thought is they roll pay for FP out with the opening of Star Wars. People will be so excited for Star Wars they will slide that in.

The writing has been on the wall for a while. I think they will find a way to sell FP
If the day came that Disney ever eliminated the free FP and made it so you had to pay for them, that might be the day I actually considered selling all of my DVC points and never going to Disney again. The standby lines are just to long.

My time would be better spent at Universal using their Express Pass.
Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM   #142
pdude81
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Same position here. We bought in 2006 and members were still sore that the free park tickets had all disappeared and all you got was a discounted AP. When we joined, DVC didn't even qualify for Tables-in-Wonderland yet.

Perks and privileges come and go. If they are marketing the system now based on perks and privileges rather than pre-paying vacations with associated savings, then they've changed and not for the better. I was pretty much up on what all the perks were in 2006, and when I talked about enjoying them, our guide quickly jumped in to say that there was no guarantee they would be around. Sure enough, we got one, maybe two years of free valet parking before that perk went away!

Indeed, when you think about it, the perks now pale in comparison to what earlier members got: Free park tickets and free valet parking. Then, discounted AP and free valet parking. Now, we get a lounge a few discounts here and there and TotW access.

Reality: Disney will always offer something to DVC members. But it won't be the moon, and certainly not the sun and the stars.

I've yet to wander into the Epcot lounge and haven't been in TotW in 4 years!

Dirk
I was decidedly underwhelmed by the DVC lounge at Imagination. When the sign at the coffee maker told me I had to ask at the desk for my K cup pod even though I already checked in with the desk downstairs, it was time to go. Then recently we were heading out of the gift shop after another Figment ride and my son asked to go upstairs.... only to note that the sign showed it closed at 6pm. C'mon man
pdude81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM   #143
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
I was decidedly underwhelmed by the DVC lounge at Imagination. When the sign at the coffee maker told me I had to ask at the desk for my K cup pod even though I already checked in with the desk downstairs, it was time to go. Then recently we were heading out of the gift shop after another Figment ride and my son asked to go upstairs.... only to note that the sign showed it closed at 6pm. C'mon man
Blame that one on the owners who took all the kcup pods. People do a fantastic job of screwing things up for others.

The hours though have been posted for quite a while. It's always closed at 6pm :/
Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM   #144
pdude81
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Blame that one on the owners who took all the kcup pods. People do a fantastic job of screwing things up for others.

The hours though have been posted for quite a while. It's always closed at 6pm :/
On charge #1 that sounds about right. I bet they weren't even wearing socks when they stole them!

The hours are posted but I have to admit I never bothered to look. I assumed it would be open whenever the park was open, but a 6pm close is kind of disappointing. I thought I read about people hanging out in there during moonlight magic but that's a special occasion.
pdude81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM   #145
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
On charge #1 that sounds about right. I bet they weren't even wearing socks when they stole them!

The hours are posted but I have to admit I never bothered to look. I assumed it would be open whenever the park was open, but a 6pm close is kind of disappointing. I thought I read about people hanging out in there during moonlight magic but that's a special occasion.
Sorry I wasn't trying to be mean about the hours, maybe I just remembered them because it opened the week we were there and I was excited to check it out. Snacks and drinks were more readily available then. Darn people screwing it up.

I don't wear socks though at Disney - I better run

Not sure about moonlight magic but it would make sense if it was open for the Epcot one.
Old Today, 09:56 AM   #146
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Disney's approach to treating us like "valued" customers. "We'll pretend your are VIPs staying in Deluxe accommodations, but we know you're really lying thieves, cheapskates, and potential terrorists who need daily room checks."

That's why I don't care about the perks - Mickey won't let a single penny be squeezed out of his right hand unless he knows he'll get dollars back in his left. That's just the Disney way.

Ever since I've been a loyal and happy guest, I've also known that Disney is expensive, packages of any kind are generally a rip-off, and that there are few "deals" to be found. They can get away with that, because I and tens of millions of others keep coming back with smiles on our faces.

Quote:

Quote:
Which says as much about how worthless Future World is in the evening as it does about the "value" of the DVC lounge. A big giant park with half virtually dead by nightfall.

Dirk
Old Today, 10:08 AM   #147
DeniseKayC
Two Bedroom

Quote:
This is the main reason we've only been in the lounge a couple of times. We're mid-day break people, so either we're busy playing in the park in the morning and leaving after lunch and have no need or time to stop in the lounge, or we're just getting into the park for an evening of wandering around and the lounge is already closing or closed.

We would get so much more benefit if they were open later. I'm not even saying they need to stay open for fireworks, as that would probably be a cluster...but they could stay open until 8:30 or so without any issues like that.
DeniseKayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:34 AM   #148
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Which says as much about how worthless Future World is in the evening as it does about the "value" of the DVC lounge. A big giant park with half virtually dead by nightfall.
For now......

Changes are coming to Epcot.