home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-10-2018, 07:39 AM   #11
WshUponAStar
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I received a membership extras flyer in the mail yesterday and it had the DVC Mother’s Day brunch listed as one. I wonder when they will add it to the website and open up bookings.
WshUponAStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 12:24 PM   #12
rkstocke5609
Grand Villa

Talking

Come spend Mother’s Day at Disney - we’ll roll out the red carpet and upcharge 25% for your brunch (plus, we’ll add a mandatory 20% tip for groups of 2 or more)......

Recent visits: VWL — March 2018, VGC -- March 2017, VGC -- March 2016, PVB -- October 2015, VWL -- March 2015, AKV Kidani -- December 2014
rkstocke5609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:15 PM   #13
dandandat
Studio

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go...rs-day-brunch/

So now that DVC has opened this up ... the question becomes, is it worth it? The menu doesn't look all that great ... is there complimentery cocktails?

Has anyone been to one of these?
dandandat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:51 AM   #14
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

The brunch is a good option for those who did not make any plans for Mothers Day to celebrate.

Is it worth it? That is such a loaded question.....Is anything at Disney worth it?

Its a Character Breakfast Buffet, but dedicated to Mothers. So its special because everyone there is to celebrate mothers day.

If I was going to be celebrate Mothers Day with breakfast, my first choice would be the brunch at California Grill. This would be my second choice.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:04 AM   #15
dandandat
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
The brunch is a good option for those who did not make any plans for Mothers Day to celebrate.

Is it worth it? That is such a loaded question.....Is anything at Disney worth it?

Its a Character Breakfast Buffet, but dedicated to Mothers. So its special because everyone there is to celebrate mothers day.

If I was going to be celebrate Mothers Day with breakfast, my first choice would be the brunch at California Grill. This would be my second choice.
Thanks for the info.

I fully understand the Disney and paying a premium on everything so I guess my question took that into account. Is it a worth while thing to do as compared to the other overly expensive things at Disney... is it a "must try" or a "ho hum". We have never been to a DVC event befor.

So it sounds like you might have been to this event be for? Do you know if they have complimentery Bloody Marys? That really is the thing that would make it worth it ... most mothers day (non Disney) brunches have at least that going for them.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:39 AM   #16
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandandat View Post
Thanks for the info.

I fully understand the Disney and paying a premium on everything so I guess my question took that into account. Is it a worth while thing to do as compared to the other overly expensive things at Disney... is it a "must try" or a "ho hum". We have never been to a DVC event before.

So it sounds like you might have been to this event be for? Do you know if they have complimentery Bloody Marys? That really is the thing that would make it worth it ... most mothers day (non Disney) brunches have at least that going for them.
Here is a review from last year on another site.

I have never been to the DVC event. From what I heard its a nice event and is unlike a meal at restaurant. You have a reserved table for the event. No being rushed and the table being flipped for the next paying customer......its an event and party. If you go, plan on spending time to be there the length of the brunch.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:10 PM   #17
dandandat
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Here is a review from last year on another site.

I have never been to the DVC event. From what I heard its a nice event and is unlike a meal at restaurant. You have a reserved table for the event. No being rushed and the table being flipped for the next paying customer......its an event and party. If you go, plan on spending time to be there the length of the brunch.
Great, thanks for the link that explains the event much better than Disney's link.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:35 PM   #18
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Now that does look really nice!