home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-11-2018, 01:09 PM   #1
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Default Shop Disney Parks DVC Discount

Help me out here. I am trying to buy autograph books through ShopDisney.com. I have tried both online and in the app, but no discount is appearing. It looks like my "membership perks eligible" member number is linked, but I am not getting any discount applied. I thought I read that it should appear through shopdisney. Am I missing something, or am I just misinformed that I would get a discount on the website/app?
Old 04-11-2018, 01:15 PM   #2
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Using the shopparks app, you should get the AP discount for sure. I donít know that Iíve ever tried a DVC discount online. Hmm...
Old 04-11-2018, 01:22 PM   #3
bamasrt
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

You should get the discount if you purchase through the app. You don't get the discount on shopdisney.com. The only exception is if you go to shopdisney.com through the DVC member website. When I purchased my DVC Dooney, I did get the discount along with free shipping.
bamasrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 01:41 PM   #4
TexasChick
Grand Villa

I have no clue what the issue is, and neither do they. They're having to create an IT ticket to see why my DVC discount and/or AP discount aren't applying to the merchandise. There is no discount on anything that I add to the cart regardless of the type of merchandise.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:17 PM   #5
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
I have no clue what the issue is, and neither do they. They're having to create an IT ticket to see why my DVC discount and/or AP discount aren't applying to the merchandise. There is no discount on anything that I add to the cart regardless of the type of merchandise.
The first time I bought something from the app I had to start checkout, and then it had me log in one more time before the AP discount showed up. Typically the discounts would show up in the cart but sometimes there is a glitch. If you haven't already, try clicking "review and purchase" and sign in to get to the delivery page. If you don't see the discount there then it really is some kind of a glitch
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:27 PM   #6
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
The first time I bought something from the app I had to start checkout, and then it had me log in one more time before the AP discount showed up. Typically the discounts would show up in the cart but sometimes there is a glitch. If you haven't already, try clicking "review and purchase" and sign in to get to the delivery page. If you don't see the discount there then it really is some kind of a glitch
Thanks. No luck. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It didnít work on my computer either. I can see my DVC account number is linked, but it isnít working. I canít link my APís because they arenít activated yet. The CM I talked to said they would have to manually discount it, and she created a ticket to get it figured out. Disney IT at its best!
Old 04-11-2018, 02:33 PM   #7
Orion54
One Bedroom

I think it used to show the discount then at checkout it just shows the discounted price.

I just tried it and now it doesn't show the discount except the discounted price in the checkout/shopping bag. The discount is there just doesn't say "DVC or AP".
Old 04-11-2018, 02:34 PM   #8
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion54 View Post
I think it used to show the discount then at checkout it just shows the discounted price.

I just tried it and now it doesn't show the discount except the discounted price in the checkout/shopping bag. The discount is there just doesn't say "DVC or AP".
Thatís what I was told should happen as well. Instead, everything remains full priced for me.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:35 PM   #9
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Thanks. No luck. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It didnít work on my computer either. I can see my DVC account number is linked, but it isnít working. I canít link my APís because they arenít activated yet. The CM I talked to said they would have to manually discount it, and she created a ticket to get it figured out. Disney IT at its best!
Bummer. I already had an AP when I used it so I may well have the same problem in the fall when our passes expire.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 04:10 PM   #10
The.disney.couple
Studio

Quote:
Help me out here. I am trying to buy autograph books through ShopDisney.com. I have tried both online and in the app, but no discount is appearing. It looks like my "membership perks eligible" member number is linked, but I am not getting any discount applied. I thought I read that it should appear through shopdisney. Am I missing something, or am I just misinformed that I would get a discount on the website/app?
It should work on the shop parks app, not the shop Disney app. You only get a discount on shop Disney if it's through the DVC marketplace. I even tried to call once to get a discount and the wouldn't do it, they said only on the shop parks app. When I add something to my cart on the shop parks app it automatically drops the price and then If I go to checkout it says "DVC discount applied"
The.disney.couple is offline   Reply With Quote