home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-24-2018, 02:03 PM   #1
amydevoe
One Bedroom

Default Top of the World Lounge

We are planning to go to the TOTWL on a Friday night to view the fireworks which start at 9:00. For those of you who have been, what time do you usually arrive? I was thinking between 7:45-8:00 but I am not sure how many people are generally there. Thanks!
amydevoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:07 PM   #2
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

We usually arrive about 45 mins in advance on a normal night. We try to get a table by the window but i f we cant we just step outside when the fireworks start. For special events like New years or July 4, I would go up a little earlier {assuming you would be staying at BLT on July 4 or NYW wince its blocked to nly folks staying on site for those time frames }

aside from the drinks, try the chocolate caramel cake....share it with your family / friends....its a hige slice and very yummmmmy!!!!

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522

Me DH DS21 DD15

DisneyTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:08 PM   #3
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by amydevoe View Post
We are planning to go to the TOTWL on a Friday night to view the fireworks which start at 9:00. For those of you who have been, what time do you usually arrive? I was thinking between 7:45-8:00 but I am not sure how many people are generally there. Thanks!
As long as it's not a holiday weekend, that will be fine. You may get a table inside at that time, but you'll certainly get a decent viewing spot.

Not that I worry about being at the front. I tend to stand back and watch. As long as I can see Tink, I'm happy.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:15 PM   #4
amydevoe
One Bedroom

thanks! It is a non-holiday weekend. We def plan to have some snacks/drinks while we are there. Very excited!!
Old 04-24-2018, 02:28 PM   #5
micca
Two Bedroom

Location is very nice, drinks are just ok, food is disappointing. Still, getting to watch the fireworks without enduring the mass of humanity in the park is really cool.
micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:30 PM   #6
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Last family trip, we got there about 10 minutes before they started and watched from the deck outside. After the fireworks were over, the lounge cleared out and we went inside for dessert.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:32 PM   #7
ggatorgirl
Two Bedroom

We were there in early March and were amazed at how crowded it was!!

Lots of families with preschool and elem aged kids, so should not have been influenced by Spring Break.

We have been going since it opened and this was as crowded as we have ever seen an hour before fireworks. Had to share the alcove with 2 families with about 6 young kids.

ggatorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:45 PM   #8
amydevoe
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Last family trip, we got there about 10 minutes before they started and watched from the deck outside. After the fireworks were over, the lounge cleared out and we went inside for dessert.
Now there's an idea!
Old 04-24-2018, 07:37 PM   #9
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by amydevoe View Post
thanks! It is a non-holiday weekend. We def plan to have some snacks/drinks while we are there. Very excited!!

Sounds great. Enjoy!
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:43 PM   #10
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

We ate there once and enjoyed the food. But, yeah, I'd go at 8pm for a 9pm fireworks show as long as it's not a holiday or race weekend.

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
2019- Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS, Jan 18-21 HHI, March 2-9 AKV/BLT and May 25-28 HHI
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote