home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-16-2018, 07:54 PM   #1
sherryberry
Grand Villa

Default AK Moonlight Magic tonight

Weather is looking ROUGH for this one! Were waiting for the rain to slow a bit before we head out. Were watching the radar and new blobs of red constantly pop up. I told Kenneth that when we go, we may actually get in line for flight of passage. We rode it earlier today with a fastpass (the only way weve ever ridden it). This would be our chance to see the queue, since weve never seen it. Well go have some free food, maybe meet some other DVC owners, and just hang out. Were also hoping theres free ice cream. We skipped earlier today in anticipation of there being some at the party, lol.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:59 PM   #2
salmoneous
Add-on Aficionado

7:55 PM. Sky is still black here at AKV, but the rain is letting up. Starting to feel hopeful. If I just get to walk around Pandoraland at some point I'll be happy. Need to find out what a "glowing Pandorian beverage" tastes like. Had a rum soaked dole whip over at the Poly earlier and need to compare.

PS - Did I mention it's been raining in Disney this trip??
salmoneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:00 PM   #3
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryberry View Post
Weather is looking ROUGH for this one! Were waiting for the rain to slow a bit before we head out. Were watching the radar and new blobs of red constantly pop up. I told Kenneth that when we go, we may actually get in line for flight of passage. We rode it earlier today with a fastpass (the only way weve ever ridden it). This would be our chance to see the queue, since weve never seen it. Well go have some free food, maybe meet some other DVC owners, and just hang out. Were also hoping theres free ice cream. We skipped earlier today in anticipation of there being some at the party, lol.
They definitely had Mickey bars! Stay safe and enjoy the party!
Old 05-16-2018, 08:08 PM   #4
sherryberry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmoneous View Post
7:55 PM. Sky is still black here at AKV, but the rain is letting up. Starting to feel hopeful. If I just get to walk around Pandoraland at some point I'll be happy. Need to find out what a "glowing Pandorian beverage" tastes like. Had a rum soaked dole whip over at the Poly earlier and need to compare.

PS - Did I mention it's been raining in Disney this trip??
Dude! The rain!

They have a green beer in Pandora that we read was from one of our local breweries back home!
Old 05-16-2018, 08:08 PM   #5
sherryberry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
They definitely had Mickey bars! Stay safe and enjoy the party!
Thanks!
Old 05-17-2018, 12:26 AM   #6
beachclubmum
Studio

Im in the Pandora line at the moment, hoping the posted wait time was fake (110 mins). The rest of the park has been a walk on all night long. Grand time!
beachclubmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:34 AM   #7
sherryberry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachclubmum View Post
Im in the Pandora line at the moment, hoping the posted wait time was fake (110 mins). The rest of the park has been a walk on all night long. Grand time!
The weather ended up being okay too! Were back in our room now. We were too tired to do much tonight. We had a couple of hot dogs when we got in and walked around feeling so full. Im so glad it wasnt pouring rain, though! I hope your wait time is shorter than expected! Enjoy the rest of the party!
Old 05-17-2018, 02:46 AM   #8
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Glad you enjoyed!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:09 AM   #9
beachclubmum
Studio

We arrived during the storm due to a 7:40-8:40 FP window for FOP and didn't want to lose any party time. Several of those with us don't have AP's or haven't been to WDW at all, and we are keeping a strict budget trip...I value the dvc party as around $1k worth of admission and free food for our room alone (filled up a 2BR to capacity). It's been a family tradition to do a dvc graduation trip with friends...this is the first time we've done co-ed though...3 boys, 3 girls, another mom friend along too.

FOP and Pandora were complete magic for our group. 3 people won prizes using the Midway tickets...what a fun perk last night too!

After starting off riding FOP using FP (booked by using my family's AP's), we went on Safari. Then rode Dinosaur. Immediately after we ate at Restaurantsaurus as they just opened the doors (10 minutes early I might add). From there it was 2 back to back rides on Primevil Whirl, several rounds of Midway games, the Dino Dumbo ride, walk on at Everest (I stayed back with my youngest and we caught most of Rivers of Light from the back wall instead). Walked back to the front and caught Bug's Life, grabbed the free Mickey bars and wandered around the night time beauty of Pandora while eating them. Vigorously played the drums and got a bunch of people to join in. At midnight we got in the FOP line and it took exactly 1 hour to get through it. While we were waiting some kid got his arm stuck under a fence in the queue but finally it was freed, to everyone's relief. We exited the ride at 1:20 then headed out to the AKL bus...in bed by 2am.

So glad the rain cleared eventually and everyone everywhere seemed to be in great spirits last night. Lots of cheering in the food lines, which was fun. Would definitely sum up the night as Memebership Magic!
beachclubmum is offline   Reply With Quote