home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-22-2018, 10:46 PM   #11
aznosredna
Two Bedroom

We stopped by twice last trip and everything was fine. The second visit, my DD did pin trading with one of the CM. He gave her one pin outright.
aznosredna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:35 PM   #12
raymond70
Studio

We've been 3 times since its opening. Positive to neutral experiences with CMs. I have seen a lot of negative posts about DVCers in the lounge, so maybe CMs were fed up by the time you got to them. NO EXCUSE FOR RUDENESS, but we all have our moments, don't we?
raymond70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:40 PM   #13
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond70 View Post
I have seen a lot of negative posts about DVCers in the lounge, so maybe CMs were fed up by the time you got to them.
Yeah, I would guess that the guests are far and away more annoying than the employees have any chance to be- just based on what I've seen when in there. We DVCers are nothing if not an entitled bunch!

Cheers.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:50 PM   #14
dandandat
Studio

We stopped by for the first time during our trip last week.

The inside of the lounge was great; we only intend to go up and have a look around but wound up staying for a while. It was a great place to recharge our batteries while the kids watched the Boob tube ... and then the snakes came out and it was just a little bit better for it.

The only negative i could say was the CM with the napoleon complex at the bottom stairs who let us in. He was taking his guard duties a little to serious(must be the free soda, tweaked him up a bit). But once he established my parents were real DVC members he became our little napoleon as he ordered my parents new DVC cards and sent us on up.

Oh and the little cushion seats next to the video game stations; Disney needs to put a warning sign on them "No Fat Butts Allowed" ... fell flat on my face as I went to sit down next to my daughter who was playing and the cushion seat crumpled under my weight. Sat on the floor laughing for a while. I'm surprised the CM didnt come over to see if I was all right; but they probably didnt notice since it's on the other side of the half wall from the desk.
dandandat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:15 AM   #15
MickeyMcButterPants
One Bedroom

Always a positive experience.
One of the worst things at WDW is when the CM brings out the snack card, seems that so many guests cannot wait their turn. They go after these CMs like they are giving away APs.
MickeyMcButterPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:51 AM   #16
Laura D
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandandat View Post
We stopped by for the first time during our trip last week.

The inside of the lounge was great; we only intend to go up and have a look around but wound up staying for a while. It was a great place to recharge our batteries while the kids watched the Boob tube ... and then the snakes came out and it was just a little bit better for it.

The only negative i could say was the CM with the napoleon complex at the bottom stairs who let us in. He was taking his guard duties a little to serious(must be the free soda, tweaked him up a bit). But once he established my parents were real DVC members he became our little napoleon as he ordered my parents new DVC cards and sent us on up.

Oh and the little cushion seats next to the video game stations; Disney needs to put a warning sign on them "No Fat Butts Allowed" ... fell flat on my face as I went to sit down next to my daughter who was playing and the cushion seat crumpled under my weight. Sat on the floor laughing for a while. I'm surprised the CM didnt come over to see if I was all right; but they probably didnt notice since it's on the other side of the half wall from the desk.
I did the same thing on those little soft stools — kind of a slow fall to the right. I couldn’t get back up, I was laughing so hard.

We like to go to the lounge; my granddaughter calls it “the westing place”. We’ve had only positive experiences with the sentry downstairs, but the CM’s upstairs don’t seem to be interested in anyone.
Laura D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:25 AM   #17
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

We've never had any issues, always have ID and DVC card out when we arrive at the check in station and have had 0 issues with the CMs there and I typically get a cup of of coffee so I need to go to the CM station to get the pod and again have had 0 issues, always polite and friendly. Of course the situation that would require them to keep the coffee pods at the check in station and not out at the counter is probably an indication of what they have to deal with when it comes to the snack cart.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:54 AM   #18
AnnaS
Grand Villa

We have been there quiet a few times - I would say neutral to positive.

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:01 AM   #19
SickPuppy
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We have experienced neutral to negative interactions with the CM's in the lounge. On our last visit about 3 weeks ago the woman behind the desk acted as if I was interrupting a meeting when I asked her about the coffee pods. She was alone and not working at the time. I can't remember even being greeted upon arrival other than asking what size our party was.

Days Inn ~ 73,74
Holiday Inn Express ~ 00
Coronado Springs ~ 03
Boardwalk Villas ~ 04,06,08,09,12, 13,15,17,18
Saratoga Springs ~ 11,14
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village 14,15,17
SickPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:31 AM   #20
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Only used the lounge once. The CMs that were manning the desk (three of them) pretty much kept to themselves. I don't recall anything good or bad.....definitely a neutral experience for us.