home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-23-2018, 07:53 AM   #21
LR0929
One Bedroom

We have had varied experiences at the lounge. Sometimes the CMs are super friendly, other times we don't even get the "Welcome Home." The check in person is always super thorough, which doesn't really bother me. I know they're just doing as they're told. The snack cart seems to be hit or miss, and sometimes the CM is weird about it. One time when they came by I asked for cookies for my 2 year old daughter. The CM gave me a look and said "can she even eat cookies?" I guess she thought I was using my daughter to get the cookies for myself. My husband said "you mean cookies aren't a staple in every 2 year old's diet?" The CM did not find it funny. She handed me the cookies and walked away. A few months later we went back to the lounge and I asked my daughter what she wanted. She pointed at doritos so I said "I'm not sure if you will like them, but you can try them if that's what you want." The CM said "pick a second snack that she does like just in case she tries them and doesn't like it." She even came back later to see if she ate the doritos. Polar opposite experiences.
LR0929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:49 AM   #22
Wonderdog4
Studio

Our experiences have always been positive to neutral except for one time. I asked for a coffee pod for the Keurig and all they had was decaf. It was a travesty and I considered selling all of our points on the spot.
Wonderdog4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:52 AM   #23
playtime123
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We have only visited the lounge once when it first opened. No issues getting past the guard downstairs and CM was nice enough. In the lounge we only took a walk around and left because there was no where to sit. It wasnít especially crowded, but between people using seats for their back packs and sprawled napping there was no room and it was very uninviting. It resembled the airport gate waiting area. Upstairs CMs were disinterested. We never went back.

Weíd rather just pay for a drink or snack and sit at a table at a restaurant. We are, after all, on vacation!
Old 05-23-2018, 09:32 AM   #24
Disnydad
Two Bedroom

Smile

Been there a LOT and have had only positive interactions with the CM's. But, the times I've been there I have never seen the snack cart.

Too many WDW visits to count now that I live nearby part time, 1 DL trip & 5 Disney Cruises.
Disnydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:50 AM   #25
alwaysdisney
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We have been there at least 5 or 6 times and have always had good experiences. Lots of interactions with the CM's. Tho my husband loves talking to everyone, so he does engage the CM's quite a bit. Love the lounge, I think it is a wonderful perk!
alwaysdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:10 AM   #26
carolina_yankee
Administrator

For those who haven't had a positive experience, have you shared that with DVC or with Guest Relations? If not, nothing will change.

It could be anything from DVC not wanting the lounge to catch on because they plan on taking it away once they know what to do with the space to using it as a training ground for new CMs (which would explain the varied experiences) to "we have to offer them something, so let's just suffer through this" to "guests are rude and CMs are fed up putting up with it" to "DVC guests are picky and are never happy with anything!"

I must say, from reports I've read, I really have no desire to visit:
  • Waiting Lists
  • Limited Seating
  • No restrooms
  • Sacked-out guests
  • indifferent CMs
  • Snack cart administrered like we're in a time of famine

Why bother? I'll be much happier nursing a soda in Sunshine Seasons and people watching!

Dirk
Old 05-23-2018, 10:39 AM   #27
Jillybean315
Studio

We have had mostly very positive experiences in the lounge. In fact, the kids absolutely love it! They get a drink, rest & cool off, charge up devices, and they are good to go. They especially like the fact that we are able to refresh without traveling back to the room which takes more park time.

We did encounter a CM once that was a little bit snippy with my DS when he asked when the snack cart was coming around, but other than that we have had no issues.

Disney Trips:
POR-Riverside: June, 2011
Off Proprety: June, 2012
All Star Movies: December, 2012
All Star Sports: June, 2013
Wilderness Lodge: June, 2013
Coronado Springs: December, 2013
Coronado Springs: December, 2014
Boardwalk Villas: January, 2016
Beach Club Villas: September, 2016
POR-Riverside: October, 2016
Upcoming Trips:
Polynesian Villas:June, 2017 (Split Stay)
Bay Lake Tower: June, 2017 (Split Stay)
Old Key West: January, 2018

Upcoming: June, 2019

(Me) (DH) (DS age 13) (DD age 10)

Jillybean315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:33 AM   #28
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
For those who haven't had a positive experience, have you shared that with DVC or with Guest Relations? If not, nothing will change.

It could be anything from DVC not wanting the lounge to catch on because they plan on taking it away once they know what to do with the space to using it as a training ground for new CMs (which would explain the varied experiences) to "we have to offer them something, so let's just suffer through this" to "guests are rude and CMs are fed up putting up with it" to "DVC guests are picky and are never happy with anything!"

I must say, from reports I've read, I really have no desire to visit:
  • Waiting Lists
  • Limited Seating
  • No restrooms
  • Sacked-out guests
  • indifferent CMs
  • Snack cart administrered like we're in a time of famine

Why bother? I'll be much happier nursing a soda in Sunshine Seasons and people watching!

Dirk

I know that I didnít report the negative interaction to anyone at the park. I was pretty shocked by her attitude, and didnít even think to get her name. If I had gotten a survey about my Epcot visit, Iím sure I would have answered it honestly and reported the experience, but I donít think I received a survey that time.
My go-to at Epcot to cool off and relax is living with the land, so I donít really need the lounge. The food court and bathrooms are right there, and I can come and go as I please without having to check in with a guard.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:41 AM   #29
bigbahamadada
Grand Villa

The lounge serves us well.

Some in our party think Figment is a must do. Others don't like to be sprayed with skunk stink. The lounge is a nice way to make both of those things happen. I can hit the ride; DW can grab a beverage and some AC. Kids can pick there poison.

I wish all marginal rides had such a spot at which to chill . . .

Nothing but good experiences for us with the CMs there.

But, agreed, that the member rushing of the snack cart is more than a little disheartening.
bigbahamadada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:17 PM   #30
BoardwalkNJ
One Bedroom

We've always had great interactions with the CMs at the member lounge. I love how they now remind you to keep your shoes on. Too many times I've seen people with their disgusting feet on tables or the couches. Please keep your bacteria infested feet in your shoes and off the furniture. Pretty sad that the CMs have to tell members this and it isn't common sense
BoardwalkNJ is offline   Reply With Quote