home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 07:57 PM   #41
ealvarado8899
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmoneous View Post
Like, now? They put a nasty note on your permanent record? When you check in do they say, "you again" rather than "welcome home."

Anyone wants to put an extra person in a room it's fine with me. If you are feeling guilty about "extra wear and tear" for some reason keep the kids from bouncing on the bed and we'll call it even.

Sal, as always, clever note leaving me nothing else to add.
2009 - Off site - Christmas
2012 - Polynesian - October
2015 - Art of Animation - Christmas week
2016 - Purchase DVC!
2016 - SSR - Thanksgiving Week
2017 - SSR - June
2017 - BWV - June

----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:07 PM   #42
disney65
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmoneous View Post
Like, now? They put a nasty note on your permanent record? When you check in do they say, "you again" rather than "welcome home."

Anyone wants to put an extra person in a room it's fine with me. If you are feeling guilty about "extra wear and tear" for some reason keep the kids from bouncing on the bed and we'll call it even.
I do not care if MF goes up, having owned VB and HHI, I never cared.

My only concern or rather I would not like, if some one comes and tells me I am over capacity. People do it all the time, you can see that in this thread as well. Everyone has different way of vacationing. I will be more happy to stay in 2 bedroom with 3 kids so they are not on my head when I try to relax on vacation.

I guess everything boils down to, would you feel comfortable if someone says you are not allowed over capacity or make you check out as you are breaking the rules. I would not want that or feel comfortable in front of my kids.

My Trip Reports

Photobucket has disabled 3rd party hosting, so none of the photos are visible, will move to some other site soon.

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:50 PM   #43
D&MourDVC
Studio

I haven't read the whole post but I have called on this issue before. The only way you can have 5 in a room for 4 is the child has to be 2 years old or younger. Because a toddler doesn't need a park ticket or MB. They will give you a pac-n-play for the toddler to sleep in. I was also told it is against Florida law to allow 5, but I don't know about that.
D&MourDVC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:12 PM   #44
Ccarroll1100
Two Bedroom

Has anyone here actually seen or know of anyone being "kicked out" for 5 in a studio? Or is this all big what ifs?
There are hundreds of things Disney does not enforce.

I personally do not care if they squeeze 7 in a studio. It's not my cup of tea but to each there own.
Ccarroll1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:19 PM   #45
ealvarado8899
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccarroll1100 View Post
Has anyone here actually seen or know of anyone being "kicked out" for 5 in a studio? Or is this all big what ifs?

I personally do not care if they squeeze 7 in a studio. It's not my cup of tea but to each there own.
No direct experience although I have read some anecdotes in other forums that indicate blatant abuse (7 in a studio, noisy) can you get forced to upgrade, and certainly asking will always be denied. The OP was asking about 5 and 4 is the limit, I have a different opinion of 7-8 in a studio.
2009 - Off site - Christmas
2012 - Polynesian - October
2015 - Art of Animation - Christmas week
2016 - Purchase DVC!
2016 - SSR - Thanksgiving Week
2017 - SSR - June
2017 - BWV - June

----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:29 PM   #46
rkstocke5609
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealvarado8899 View Post
No direct experience although I have read some anecdotes in other forums that indicate blatant abuse (7 in a studio, noisy) can you get forced to upgrade, and certainly asking will always be denied. The OP was asking about 5 and 4 is the limit, I have a different opinion of 7-8 in a studio.
If I encountered 7-8 people occupying a studio that I was next door to, the noise would likely end in my call to management demanding their immediate removal, or my immediate upgrade to superior accommodations if they were unwilling to enforce their own rules.

(Quickly followed by a rant on the boards.....)

Recent visits: VGC -- March 2017, VGC -- March 2016, PVB -- October 2015, VWL -- March 2015, AKV Kidani -- December 2014
rkstocke5609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:33 PM   #47
D&MourDVC
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccarroll1100 View Post

I have never seen anyone kicked out of a studio with too many in the room. If you want to crowd ten in the studio I don't care either but it's against the rules. If you want to take the chance of getting caught or always looking over your shoulder while on vacation, go for it! It's not something that I would do.
D&MourDVC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:24 AM   #48
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

I've read one report of a group being caught over occupancy and sent on their way.

So, it's rare, although far from everyone is on Disney boards, but it has been done.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:58 AM   #49
rkstocke5609
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&MourDVC View Post
I have never seen anyone kicked out of a studio with too many in the room. If you want to crowd ten in the studio I don't care either but it's against the rules. If you want to take the chance of getting caught or always looking over your shoulder while on vacation, go for it! It's not something that I would do.
Well, everyone should care! While I see the OP's situation and could live with sneaking one extra in (even though I wouldn't), all of us should be good stewards of our timeshare and should be vocal against 7,8,or 10(gasp) people in a studio! This kind of behavior leads to increased MF's for all and an unpleasant vacation for those neighboring a unit occupied like this.

I for one am really disappointed that any member would endorse and/or enable this kind of abuse.

Recent visits: VGC -- March 2017, VGC -- March 2016, PVB -- October 2015, VWL -- March 2015, AKV Kidani -- December 2014
rkstocke5609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:32 AM   #50
rcbarker
Studio

Default Only issue is Magical Express

As noted earlier, the only friction you are likely to encounter is related to Magical Express. Tickets and dining is separate (unless you are doing the dining plan). Even fastpass at 60 days isn't a problem. For you and anyone you are MDE friends with, all can book at the most advantageous time that anyone in the friends circle is entitled to. This is referred to on the Backside of Magic podcast as the "umbrella" policy.

Word of warning, that podcast doesn't hold back on tips and tricks. There's no judging going on there. Those of you who fret about the morality and rudeness of adding an extra person would likely not enjoy the podcast. They leave the judging to others and just try to understand how Disney systems operate.

In fact, even EMH would likely not be a problem. In my experience, the scanning folks at the entrances scan one band of the party that approaches rather than every member of a group.
rcbarker is offline   Reply With Quote