home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 09:48 PM   #11
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Enjoy!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:59 PM   #12
SnowWhite4
Grand Villa

Relax and enjoy. Always great to read your trip reports!
Old 03-20-2017, 10:10 PM   #13
Laura D
One Bedroom

Have a great time--I always enjoy your reports!
Laura D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:55 PM   #14
Buzz Lightyear Towers
Two Bedroom

Have a great trip!
I love a good Grandpa Mohawk & Company trip report!

AKV, BLT, BWV, and PVB are my home resorts. :
Buzz Lightyear Towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:11 PM   #15
MamaB24
One Bedroom

Good to see you back. Really enjoyed your last trip report...Was actually digging through the old threads looking for it the other day. I was trying to remember which Marriott you called your second home. Sorry to hear of your GI issues, and hope all is better now. I hope you have some wonderful r & r.

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:24 AM   #16
broganmc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaB24 View Post
Good to see you back. Really enjoyed your last trip report...Was actually digging through the old threads looking for it the other day. I was trying to remember which Marriott you called your second home. Sorry to hear of your GI issues, and hope all is better now. I hope you have some wonderful r & r.
They would be Cypress Harbour over by SeaWorld. We move over there next Tuesday. Rooms are so nice because they are all 2bedroom condos with huge kitchens, dining room, and living rooms. The second bedroom is small but that's the only downside. We love being over there for a couple weeks because it feels more like having your own Orlando apartment. We weathered the hurricane there last October. I had a flashback to it when we stopped at Publix Sunday for groceries. Unlike then the bread aisle was fully stocked.

We've also taken for this nice big 1 bedroom Villa at Bay Lake. It's on the outside of the curve so the living room widens into a trapezoid facing the park. It's a great place to start the looking vacation.

I'll see if I can post pics tomorrow. Today turned out great. Had breakfast in the room (by room service) then took a nap before heading out. Gpa got his Mohawk haircut at the barber shop. He hasn't done that in over a year. Our stylist at home did it because we were either too busy with family or the barber shop was closed. They still remember good ole Grandpa Mohawk (even though his regular barbers retired recently).

We went with the flow today not trying to do much. That meant we rode the train, stopped to see one of the visiting high bands March down Main Street playing Disney tunes. Had fun just strolling around posing for pics (GpaM always gets a following when his hair sparkles) and texting folks at home with teases and photos.

Weather was absolutely perfect today. Sunny and Spring warm. Mid 70s. Crowds are what we've come to expect. FP+ adds make time to the posted Standbys but we still got some FP+s after 4pm.

Our last official activity was a ride on Little Mermaid by FP+. By then the sun went down and it got chilly. So we raced back to our room and watched fireworks from our living room. After we hoped in the van and got a late dinner at Mona's.

I thought the park close early and wanted to avoid a monorail shutdown. We were able to spend a leisurely dinner at Mona's but I paid for it with losing my handicapped spot at Bay Lake. I have no idea where the Lakers latecomers came from. Now I'll have to wait for someone to move tomorrow to get a spot back. First time I've had to park in overflow by the tennis courts.

We're getting to bed later tonight but we plan on sleeping in tomorrow. I'm thinking we may just do Magic Kingdom sampling this week. Thursday will rain. Not sure what we'll do then.

Gpa insisted he go to bed listening to cable news. I had enough news tweets pop on my smartwatch to know I had no interest in the news of the day. The world is too crazy today. I'd prefer living in Fantasy Land for a while.

Now that he's knocked out from the news I can shut off​ my headphones and get to bed.

Currently: Heading home by autotrain ()
Current Disney Trip: October 1-28, 2017
broganmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:02 AM   #17
disney65
Grand Villa

Have a great trip.

My Trip Reports

Photobucket has disabled 3rd party hosting, so none of the photos are visible, will move to some other site soon.

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:29 AM   #18
babysimba
One Bedroom

I am always so happy when I see a thread title with Grandpa Mohawk in it! So sorry to hear of your health issues but glad you are feeling better and can take us along on another one of you and Gpa M's adventures.

Following along and loving it!
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:25 PM   #19
broganmc
Grand Villa

Late start today. We were out past midnight last night so slept in today. Breakfast in room (not room service).

Trying to make the 3pm parade then a couple rides. I had no issues booking FP+s. We don't go on rollercoasters so didn't bother me the mountains were all booked.

Currently: Heading home by autotrain ()
Current Disney Trip: October 1-28, 2017
broganmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:55 PM   #20
bubster
Grand Villa

I'm in.

Looking forward to your more laid back trip report. Enjoy!