home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Disney Movies, Shows, Television, Radio, and Multimedia
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-01-2019, 11:40 PM   #51
littlelulu01
One Bedroom

We saw it tonight. Even my husband absolutely loved it. We all thought Emily Blunt was fantastic as Mary Poppins. Sold out on several screens at the theater near my house. We got the last few seats for the screen that costs a few extra $ because it supposedly had better graphics or sound or something. Everyone was clapping at the end which I just donít see at the movies anymore. Idk if New Yearís Day is a big movie day but it sure was today. I thought $100 for our family of 4 to see Ralph breaks the internet over thanksgiving was a bit of a rip off but was $ well spent today.
littlelulu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:26 AM   #52
AnnetteSC
Studio

We saw it this evening also and have to say that, although everyone was good, the movie was not "great".
I agree with previous comments that the script was not the best, story-line was lacking...
Songs could have been better too. They should have had Lin-Manuel write some of them!
In simpler words, the first movie both had and brought out feelings. This one was a bit "deadpan"
That said, I think the actors did a great job with what they were given. Of course, the cameos were our favorite also!
AnnetteSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:31 AM   #53
jadenbru
One Bedroom

Myself and my kids absolutely loved it!! I, like some others here, was surprised at how many nods to the original were included. The cameos were great, and the music was better than expected. I didn't think it would come close to the original but I truly enjoyed it much more than I thought I would!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
I loved Emily Blunt as Mary Poppins. Her cool and shamelessness was enchanting. The movie had nods to so many scenes in the original.... My favorite part was the Royal Daulton music hall. Costuming was great in that part.
I completely agree with you! I thought Emily Blunt was fabulous, you really couldn't ask for a better actress for this role!! So witty, charming and definitely looks the part. Also agree about the costuming in the music hall scene, so incredible!! I kept finding myself staring at the painted on details on the garments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeli View Post
She was offered a cameo early on and declined. She stated that she didn't want in any way to take away from Emily Blount. Talk about old school celebrities, class class and more class.
Seriously. Would you like a side of class with that class?
jadenbru is offline   Reply With Quote