home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Cruise Line
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-07-2019, 03:35 AM   #1
Optionjn
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default DVC Member Cruise vs. Regular DCL cruises

Does anyone know if there are any differences to DVC Members cruises versus other cruises by the Disney Cruise Line? Any additional perks? All I can see so far is that DVC Members cruises cost a bit more when compare to other cruises offered by DCL, in points (if rsvp with points) and in cash. For example, the 5 nights Members Cruise from San Diego to Vancouver cost more in points and/or cash value than a similar 5 nights from San Diego to Vancouver that anyone else can book with DCL.

If there are no additional perks/differences, why would one go on a DVC Members Cruise over another cruise being offered by DCL? Please share what Iím missing here. Thanks.
Optionjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:09 AM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Basically, they are the same. The biggest difference is the Members cruise is a charter, not public cruise. You get gifts every day in your stateroom. There are special shows and meetings that are just for DVC or that do not regularly appear on a Disney cruise. The gratuities are included in your cruise fare.

We did the cruise once and it was a lot of fun. Cost wise its not worth the price, but I think its worth experiencing once. On a side note, one our members cruise, we became friends with people that have become life long friends and travel buddies.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:03 AM   #3
tammymacb
Add-on Aficionado

We had the best time EVER on our DVC Member's cruise. Because of the people, not because of the cruise... Don't get me wrong, it's a fun cruise but IMO, not worth the increased price for the DVC swag. If I was still a DVC member, I doubt I'd do another. I'd rather spend the $$ on a longer cruise, or more than one.

Ah, memory impairment!The free prize at the bottom of every vodka bottle!
Ding, Ding, Ding! Boring story time is now over....

Last edited by tammymacb; 01-07-2019 at 06:15 PM.
tammymacb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:59 PM   #4
Optionjn
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Yea ok. Thatís what I was thinking and guessing. My family have been on 2 regular Disney Cruise and was wondering if thereís any difference between that and the DVC Members Cruise. From what Iím hearing, itís basically just the feel... kind of like... 2x2 bedroom villa or a 2 bedroom villa and a studio vs a 3 bedroom grand villa where you may want to splurge for a one time experience. Thanks for the insight!
Optionjn is offline   Reply With Quote