home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Non-DVC-Related Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-06-2018, 11:15 PM   #11
brp
Add-on Aficionado

We've been to both with no tours.

Scotland - followed the Scotch Whisky trail.

Ireland - Guinness and Jameson tours.

Done.

Cheers.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:47 PM   #12
littlelulu01
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
We sailed on the Jade out of Venice, hitting the Greek Isles. Fantastic cruise and having a butler and concierge was fantastic!
I agree. We did the two week out of Venice, just husband and I and got upsold to the Garden Villa. Felt like crying getting off the ship. We're booked on the Jade in a Haven Penthouse for 10/24/19. The two week med sailing only has one sea day and prices are very reasonable for a two week sailing. Ship goes out of Civitavecchia but has an overnight in Venice. Ports include Santorini, Athens, Mykonos, Argostoli, Dubrovnik, Venice, Kotor, Corfu, Messina, Naples, Livorno. They have a really great package with a ton of extra perks right now and prices haven't gone up yet on the suites. It's not often you see a decent deal anymore but this one is a sailing I could justify cost on. The distinctive perk package along with the regular perks gives double credit for shore excursions plus you get the latitude discount so the shore excursions are basically nothing. Then double internet package, $300-$500 obc, phone call package, drinks, specialty dining, $400 airfare credit and $100 pre cruise hotel credit. Couldn't pass this one up.

I got my kids an ocean view. It also came with a ton of perks. They still have around (4) 2 bedroom haven suites left. The SF (still a full suite but no haven access) are still at the same price too. I suspect they will be going up soon because over half of them are gone already. I think they were around $4400 pp. Kids ocean view room was $1899/pp. Extra guests are free but didn't think our adult kids would want to share with us. This way they get their own space and also get their own set of perks
littlelulu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:58 PM   #13
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelulu01 View Post
I agree. We did the two week out of Venice, just husband and I and got upsold to the Garden Villa. Felt like crying getting off the ship. We're booked on the Jade in a Haven Penthouse for 10/24/19. The two week med sailing only has one sea day and prices are very reasonable for a two week sailing. Ship goes out of Civitavecchia but has an overnight in Venice. Ports include Santorini, Athens, Mykonos, Argostoli, Dubrovnik, Venice, Kotor, Corfu, Messina, Naples, Livorno. They have a really great package with a ton of extra perks right now and prices haven't gone up yet on the suites. It's not often you see a decent deal anymore but this one is a sailing I could justify cost on. The distinctive perk package along with the regular perks gives double credit for shore excursions plus you get the latitude discount so the shore excursions are basically nothing. Then double internet package, $300-$500 obc, phone call package, drinks, specialty dining, $400 airfare credit and $100 pre cruise hotel credit. Couldn't pass this one up.
$9,949 for deck 9 Penthouse......Excellent price for 14 night cruise.

I love all those ports too!

We are planning a river cruise for 2019 in the fall.....Danube River in Germany. Its not booked yet.............
Old 02-07-2018, 06:29 PM   #14
littlelulu01
One Bedroom

Quote:

We are planning a river cruise for 2019 in the fall.....Danube River in Germany. Its not booked yet.............
Might be worth placing a deposit while prices and perks are still great. I know the prices go way up, perks tend to change as cabins sell. Final payment isn't till June of 2019. Friends just did the Budapest... cruise and loved it. Something about the med and cruises really appeals though. October is nice because temps are down a little and crowds are not as bad. We've done the med in May and Sept/early October and both times it was pretty darn hot for touring. We don't typically book excursions through the ship but with this one and the distinctive voyage perk plus the extra shore excursion credits per port it's a no brainer for once to get to leave the excursions to NCL. Pompeii... for free sounds good to me.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:19 PM   #15
administrator
Ms. Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelulu01 View Post
Quote:

And ... Eric and I ARE IN!

We put our deposit down with Robin on Friday!

Very, very, VERY EXCITED!!!
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 03:12 PM   #16
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post

Very nice! Looks amazing.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 03:35 PM   #17
littlelulu01
One Bedroom

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post

Congratulations. I think itís one of the better vacation deals Iíve seen in a while. 622 days to plan. Two weeks in the med. I just have to remember not to be talking to my husband about this for over a year. I had to get his consent, given with a promise not to talk about it for at least a year.
-Kim