home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-14-2018, 08:21 AM   #21
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
Would appreciate tips on how to know the which hotels one bids on on priceline express

I've seen walk through of how to do this, possibly on Touring Plans.

From what I recall, you need to include those with free parking and "shuttles" to the parks, exclude free breakfasts.

There were also certain phrases that were consistently included for the likes of POR /POFQ, AKL (animal views for that).

After that it was comparing the current rack rates with the noted %age off and narrowing it down.

I'll see if I can find it somewhere.

Edit:

OK, I don't want to break any rules here, so if you go to the Touring Plans forum, do a search on Priceline and go into Advanced Search and specify "Accommodations" under the Categorised section.

The first return should be titled "Priceline Express Disney Deals" by La Cava del Chat.

It tells you the various things to look for, and links to other useful info too.

Last edited by Nickys; 02-14-2018 at 08:29 AM.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:40 AM   #22
delfinavacano
Studio

There are also some forums specifically geared toward figuring out Hotwire and Priceline deals. But basically you pick the specific geographic area and look for certain key words - free parking is pretty much the clincher for Disney hotels. The only geographic zone for them on Priceline Express, as far as I know, is Walt Disney World - Bonner Creek. And the only ones with free parking are Disney hotels.

Again, still a bit of a gamble but if you look at what people report on those forums (tracing through other amenities as well, and star levels) you can usually approximate it to a few hotels.

I used Hotwire recently for Paris and narrowed it down to two hotels and got one of them. (I was happy with either.)
delfinavacano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:08 AM   #23
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfinavacano View Post
There are also some forums specifically geared toward figuring out Hotwire and Priceline deals. But basically you pick the specific geographic area and look for certain key words - free parking is pretty much the clincher for Disney hotels. The only geographic zone for them on Priceline Express, as far as I know, is Walt Disney World - Bonner Creek. And the only ones with free parking are Disney hotels.

Again, still a bit of a gamble but if you look at what people report on those forums (tracing through other amenities as well, and star levels) you can usually approximate it to a few hotels.

I used Hotwire recently for Paris and narrowed it down to two hotels and got one of them. (I was happy with either.)
I think for Pricewire, some of the resorts fall under Disney Springs section, rather than Bonnet Creek.

Free Airport shuttle with free wifi are also good filters. Not many resorts do the airport shuttle.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote