home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-14-2018, 08:18 AM   #21
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by taccol View Post
Following this thread...what are the advantage over Instacart over the Amazon option. I live close by so we always shop before arrival, but would like to be able to offer the best option to those I rent to.
Better selection. While Amazon is partnered with Whole Foods, they still lack produce at time. It's continually improving but if you want berries you might get them on Amazon Now but you definitely will if ordering from Instacart.

Also if they are not Amazon Prime members, Now is not an option.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:44 AM   #22
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malmel View Post
So based on this and some other threads, I just placed my first Instacart order for our upcoming trip. Got free delivery. I am hoping to arrive at the resort by noon, and I scheduled the delivery from noon-1. If I'm not there, will they leave it with bell services? What about the alcohol? It says I'm supposed to show ID - the girl I spoke with at Instacart seemed to think anyone who showed ID could accept the delivery.

Does anyone know if this is true?
Yes - I've used it twice and had it delivered to bell services both times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taccol View Post
Following this thread...what are the advantage over Instacart over the Amazon option. I live close by so we always shop before arrival, but would like to be able to offer the best option to those I rent to.
Haven't used Amazon for groceries, but I like Instacart over the other local shoppers because they use Publix and I can pick and choose exactly what I want and know the price up front.

Gardengrocer has an online grocery store, but the product selection is limited and over-priced. WeGoShop and others, you give a list and hope for the best, and don't really know what the price will be.

Instacart gives me the best of all worlds, and their shoppers are very good at communicating if they need to make a switch do to lack of availability. I also can leave notes about what kind of substitutes are acceptable. This works well because I'm generally on the plane while they are shopping.

Dirk
Old 02-14-2018, 09:57 AM   #23
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Suspended

i recently used instacart in my hometown in georgia for a big publix order while recuperating from surgery. thrilled with it laid up at home. seem to mark up items on average about 20%, but also permit at least some bogo and coupon offers. then add a service charge and delivery fee and then i add a generous tip for the shopper. easy peasy to add items/save cart.

nice to have this option here locally.
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:28 AM   #24
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

We just used Instacart and for the most part it went pretty well. The only issue was the delivery. We had stated many times that we were at the Vacation Villas at the Grand Floridian and not to come to the main hotel. Our shopper did not know the difference. Our shopper never called us when she arrived, so we could not communicate directly with her, but I learned later that she spoke very little English, so it might not have mattered anyways. You had to call the main Instacart number to relay a message to your shopper.

They wanted us to come to the main hotel to pick up our groceries when they arrived, and if it had only been a little bit of stuff, it would not have been too bad, but we had over $300 worth of groceries, including a case of water.

A bellman that had delivered our luggage and knew that we were looking for a grocery order finally convinced her to leave them with him and he delivered them to us.

So, about 5 phone calls and an hour later, we finally had our groceries. We got everything but one item, which was the ranch salad dressing, and we ended up getting some dressing from the Grand Floridian Café.

I would definitely use Instacart again, but would make sure they left it with Bell Services and not try to meet them to take delivery.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:40 AM   #25
taccol
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Better selection. While Amazon is partnered with Whole Foods, they still lack produce at time. It's continually improving but if you want berries you might get them on Amazon Now but you definitely will if ordering from Instacart.

Also if they are not Amazon Prime members, Now is not an option.
Awesome!!! Thanks!!! Appreciate this.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:51 AM   #26
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

To answer the earlier question about the free delivery fee. I placed my order last September, had to cancel the delivery when Hurricane Irma cancelled our trip at the very last minute. When I finally placed the order in late January, I still got the free delivery.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:45 PM   #27
JohnNJ
One Bedroom

Default Avoid Instacart (Publix) Grocery Delivery

I just tried Instacart for Publix grocery delivery. They messed up the order and delivery time. They refused to leave it at the front desk and just cancelled the order. 7 days for a refund. Find another service.
JohnNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:11 PM   #28
Lola
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malmel View Post
So based on this and some other threads, I just placed my first Instacart order for our upcoming trip. Got free delivery. I am hoping to arrive at the resort by noon, and I scheduled the delivery from noon-1. If I'm not there, will they leave it with bell services? What about the alcohol? It says I'm supposed to show ID - the girl I spoke with at Instacart seemed to think anyone who showed ID could accept the delivery.

Does anyone know if this is true?
We just returned from WDW and used Instacart/Publix for the first time.
They WOULD NOT leave my alcohol with bell services at SSR. Bellman said Instacart wouldn't leave it, not that Bell Services wouldn't accept.
FWIW, I ordered one bottle vodka, one bottle rum, one bottle of wine and a 12pk of beer.
When we landed at MCO and I turned my phone back on, I was inundated with updates from Instacart. The most disturbing was the refund sheet for all the alcohol.
I had never used grocery delivery before, so I called both SSR and Instacart in advance of our trip and was assured that alcohol delivery to Bell Services would not be a problem. When we retrieved our groceries (which were accurate except for forgotten peanut butter) from Bell Services at SSR, I saw plenty of alcohol waiting to be retrieved. The bellman on duty was flabbergasted that ours was not left, but returned.
We were only there for four days and the return had already been processed, so I didn't wast precious vacation time trying to fix it. I just hopped in my rental car and went to a liquor store.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:05 PM   #29
bigbahamadada
Grand Villa

At BWV now. And, like the previous poster, I ordered some beer with my groceries run, and the instacart representative would not deliver it to bell services. She insisted that it had to be delivered to me, and not just anyone over 21.

I happened to get her text while in store, so I authorized the cancellation of that portion of the order in real time, and didn't have to deal with an return hassle.

But, it all seems a bit silly. We have alcohol (wine) delivered all the time to our house and offices and the only requirement is that someone over 21 is willing to sign for it. Not that only the person who ordered it can accept delivery in person.

Otherwise the service was great.
bigbahamadada is offline   Reply With Quote