home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-14-2018, 07:21 PM   #1
bradybunch
One Bedroom

Default Buying direct, when do I get the points?

If I buy 50 points direct purchase this month with a March UY (to match my resale contract) do I get 2018 points in March? Would I get 50 points from 2017 too as itís not March yet or does it not work like that?
bradybunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:30 PM   #2
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradybunch View Post
If I buy 50 points direct purchase this month with a March UY (to match my resale contract) do I get 2018 points in March? Would I get 50 points from 2017 too as it’s not March yet or does it not work like that?
Normally yes. You would get 2017 points and 2018 points if you buy before the UY. I have never bought 2 weeks before a UY, but I did buy my last 25 points 6 weeks ahead of my UY and received both years.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:42 PM   #3
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
If I buy 50 points direct purchase this month with a March UY (to match my resale contract) do I get 2018 points in March? Would I get 50 points from 2017 too as itís not March yet or does it not work like that?
Yes. The current UY for March is still 2017 and DVC sells contracts with the current points. Once we reach March 1, 2018 then it will start with 2018 points.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:48 PM   #4
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

If you looking to buy March use yr, I would do now and MS will bank your 2017 pts.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:16 AM   #5
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
If you looking to buy March use yr, I would do now and MS will bank your 2017 pts.
This.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:21 AM   #6
jnoel
Studio

I have noticed in the past when trying to make small direct purchases right before (less than 30 days) my use year inventory in available for my resort (BWV) but then miraculously I get a call the 1st week after the use year begins that there is inventory available again.

Let us know how you make out.
jnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:29 AM   #7
bradybunch
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoel View Post
I have noticed in the past when trying to make small direct purchases right before (less than 30 days) my use year inventory in available for my resort (BWV) but then miraculously I get a call the 1st week after the use year begins that there is inventory available again.

Let us know how you make out.
Oh that is interesting... they said we can have Aulani or CCV on Sunday, nothing else available which seems consistent with what others are being told. Will let you know how things progress, weíre on lots of waiting lists.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:33 AM   #8
bradybunch
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
Still waiting for our resale contract. We were told it would close on Tuesday and since have not heard or been able to make contact with either the agent or title company Iíve been checking the comptroller every 10 minutes nothing yet.... we could buy 75 points today but would rather not if we can do 50 in a few days (or even 25 if something comes up from a waiting list). Nail biting times!!
Old 02-15-2018, 08:34 AM   #9
jnoel
Studio

Quote:
Oh that is interesting... they said we can have Aulani or CCV on Sunday, nothing else available which seems consistent with what others are being told. Will let you know how things progress, weíre on lots of waiting lists.
Ah. Iím sure the resorts with unsold inventory are fully available. Ive been able to add on direct at BWV twice in the past year with 50pt contracts. Was unable to when I wanted to right before my October use year as I mention above. Then magically inventory appeared.
jnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:59 AM   #10
bradybunch
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoel View Post
Ah. Iím sure the resorts with unsold inventory are fully available. Ive been able to add on direct at BWV twice in the past year with 50pt contracts. Was unable to when I wanted to right before my October use year as I mention above. Then magically inventory appeared.
Thatís frustrating... wouldnít we all love an insiderís view with the guides?! Who knows whatís truly going on?