home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-08-2018, 11:35 AM   #1
Jedimom3
Two Bedroom

Default Star Wars Galactic Nights and/or dessert party

Since we are most likely extending our May trip (DH and and kids longer than I am,) we will all be there for the May 27 Galactic Nights.
I know I got some advice about it in another thread, thanks Boundin!!, but am wanting any and all advice/experiences with it. We're trying to decide if we want to drop that much money for a few extra hours in HS.

To me, it sounds like an intensive version of SW weekends, where you used to have special photo ops, etc. but also with the option for guests to dress up, more like a convention feel. DH and kids have not been to a SW convention ( i go solo to those,) I think it would be a lot of fun, but pricey fun. Also cool to possibly have shorter wait times just for rides
Any opinions/experiences appreciated.

Ditto on the SW Dessert party. We almost splurged on this in Oct, since we were at BWV , and could easily stagger back after fireworks. Since we'll be staying elsewhere this trip, not sure if we want to do it, but we'll see.

Trying to find some fun way to reward myself since I can't stay the whole second week of the extended vacation.......
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 12:04 PM   #2
MamaB24
Two Bedroom

Cannot speak to the first experience, but we did the fireworks last year. It was fine, but from my understanding they have moved the reserved viewing area to a less than ideal space. The desserts were standard, but I did appreciate the cheeses and other non-sweets. The drinks were very sweet too, though included in the price. There was also nowhere to sit...just a few thoughts. We will not repeat the experience under normal travel considerations. If they change it up a bit, we may reconsider.

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 01:01 PM   #3
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

We looked at the dessert party for our girls trip next week, (only two of us so we can afford to splurge), but my DD ruled it out. She felt it was too pricey for what we would get. We had Aldo read that the viewing area is less than ideal at HS. We are currently trying to decide if we want to do the MK fireworks dessert party or the AK night time safari. Good luck with your decision. You definitely deserve a reward for missing part of the trip!
Old 04-08-2018, 06:21 PM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

I’ve never been, but with how much you and your family enjoy Star Wars, I’d say Galactic Nights is a must-do for you guys.
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 07:00 PM   #5
noreen99
One Bedroom

My youngest and I did the dessert party in January- have to say neither of us are Star wars fans but we were incredibly impressed by the fireworks/projections. That was as incredible.

My oldest is dating a Star Wars fanatic and they will doing galactic nights in May. Honestly I couldn’t justify the cost for the rest of of our party considering we couldn’t find much on the upcoming event.

They will be doing the “snack” & pannel discussion add on.
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 11:20 PM   #6
Rigby
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen99 View Post
My youngest and I did the dessert party in January- have to say neither of us are Star wars fans but we were incredibly impressed by the fireworks/projections. That was as incredible.

My oldest is dating a Star Wars fanatic and they will doing galactic nights in May. Honestly I couldn’t justify the cost for the rest of of our party considering we couldn’t find much on the upcoming event.

They will be doing the “snack” & pannel discussion add on.
Glad to hear you liked the dessert party. We're going in June for the first time and can't wait!
Old 04-09-2018, 08:43 AM   #7
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
Since we are most likely extending our May trip (DH and and kids longer than I am,) we will all be there for the May 27 Galactic Nights.
I know I got some advice about it in another thread, thanks Boundin!!, but am wanting any and all advice/experiences with it. We're trying to decide if we want to drop that much money for a few extra hours in HS.

To me, it sounds like an intensive version of SW weekends, where you used to have special photo ops, etc. but also with the option for guests to dress up, more like a convention feel. DH and kids have not been to a SW convention ( i go solo to those,) I think it would be a lot of fun, but pricey fun. Also cool to possibly have shorter wait times just for rides
Any opinions/experiences appreciated.

Ditto on the SW Dessert party. We almost splurged on this in Oct, since we were at BWV , and could easily stagger back after fireworks. Since we'll be staying elsewhere this trip, not sure if we want to do it, but we'll see.

Trying to find some fun way to reward myself since I can't stay the whole second week of the extended vacation.......
I did Galactic Nights in December and it would be worth it for SW fans IMO, especially if you are going to do it right and wear your costumes. The dessert party that I did was not worth it.

Bippity Boppity Boo Muthafu@$as!

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Trip reports:
Mickey's Very Merry Galactic Spectacular AND New Year's Eve 2017-18
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN 2016
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...

5/2018 BLT-Fantasy-BWV Eastern Carib