home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-31-2018, 04:15 PM   #1
capeokw56
Two Bedroom

Default MVMCP help

DW and I are thinking about going to the MVMCP this year as we will be there in early December and staying at BRV. Can't wait to see the decorations! Anyway, I know that the tickets are already on sale so I called with some questions about the AP or DVC discounts which they have had in the past. The CM I spoke with said that he wasn't seeing any discounts for either. Does anybody know if those discounts don't come out until we get closer to the dates? Or maybe just no discounts at all this year? Thanks.

Sorry, I just saw that there is an earlier thread similar to this. Can anyone tell me how to delete this?

Last edited by capeokw56; 03-31-2018 at 04:25 PM.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:14 AM   #2
Orion54
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
DW and I are thinking about going to the MVMCP this year as we will be there in early December and staying at BRV. Can't wait to see the decorations! Anyway, I know that the tickets are already on sale so I called with some questions about the AP or DVC discounts which they have had in the past. The CM I spoke with said that he wasn't seeing any discounts for either. Does anybody know if those discounts don't come out until we get closer to the dates? Or maybe just no discounts at all this year? Thanks.

Sorry, I just saw that there is an earlier thread similar to this. Can anyone tell me how to delete this?
Not sure when the discounts come out but in the past only select nights have AP or DVC discounts. Usually the discounts end in early December. We go to MVMCP every year and our trips are usually after Thanksgiving to mid December. You may want to hold off to get tickets until you get closer to your trip time. Usually the only ones that sell out are the first one and the the ones closer to Christmas.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:28 AM   #3
virtuoso1980
One Bedroom

I got tickets for the last night (12/21) and they were the most expensive party tickets Iíve seen! $130 pp. i also asked for the discount and the CM looked and said they were available for nights until 12/13 if I remember correctly. I asked how much the cheapest nights were and they were all over $100 now, with discount.
virtuoso1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 11:19 AM   #4
Orion54
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtuoso1980 View Post
I got tickets for the last night (12/21) and they were the most expensive party tickets Iíve seen! $130 pp. i also asked for the discount and the CM looked and said they were available for nights until 12/13 if I remember correctly. I asked how much the cheapest nights were and they were all over $100 now, with discount.
Wow and I thought last year was expensive. Now over $100 with discount? They have better added a bunch of stuff to justify the cost. I know they have increased the "limited" number of tickets as each special "limited" event has gotten more crowded over the years.
Old 04-01-2018, 11:34 AM   #5
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

You can find details on the Members' Website:

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go...ristmas-party/

DVC Member discounts are part of the Membership Extras and available for:

November 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 25, 27, and 29
December 2, 4, 6, 11, and 13

Amount of discount varies by date. There is a chart with prices on the Members' Website linked above. Prices listed do not include the 6.5% Florida tax.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 11:47 AM   #6
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

IIRC, there is never a discount for the last week of the party. Am I imagining this?
Old 04-01-2018, 11:54 AM   #7
capeokw56
Two Bedroom

I was able to purchase our tickets yesterday by phone for December 6th. The price was $100.11 each with the AP/DVC discount and with the tax included. We haven't been to MVMCP for a while now so it was worth it even though it was a little expensive. Staying at BRV too, so all the decorations and then the party will really create the Christmas spirit.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 12:36 PM   #8
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
IIRC, there is never a discount for the last week of the party. Am I imagining this?
That's correct.