home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-13-2018, 06:51 PM   #11
Sephorin
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Its a personal decision and a luxury......its really not a question of whether the parties are overpriced, but more of a question of how much are you willing to spend.

That's very well put.
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:59 PM   #12
Rigby
Two Bedroom

We love the Halloween party. Worth every penny!
Old 05-13-2018, 08:01 PM   #13
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

I think there are two groups on the parties

Group 1. Went years ago when they first started. Has great memories of parties with lots of special events and limited attendance. This group is not currently happy with the parties

Group 2. Started going to the parties in the past few years and the current party is their "normal". Loves the parties.

So I think you view depends on when you started going Since I am in Group 1 for me current parties are overpriced and over crowded but I know others love them and I admit that I miss the Boo to You parade.
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 08:08 PM   #14
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post

Group 1. Went years ago when they first started. Has great memories of parties with lots of special events and limited attendance. This group is not currently happy with the parties

Group 2. Started going to the parties in the past few years and the current party is their "normal". Loves the parties.

So I think you view depends on when you started going Since I am in Group 1 for me current parties are overpriced and over crowded but I know others love them and I admit that I miss the Boo to You parade.
I think that is a very reasonable explanation. Our first party was in 2011, so we fall in the newer group. That was also our first trip not in the busiest part of the summer, so Iím sure that affected our perception as well. And we try to only go on week nights, never on the weekends. I think this probably helps too. Still havenít made it to MNSSHP, only done MVMCP 2? 3? times? Iíll have to get my book out and double check. But if possible, MNSSHP is on the list for this year!
Old 05-13-2018, 08:13 PM   #15
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post

Not necessarily. I've been going for years. Did I like it a lot when it was less expensive and it wasn't so popular? Yes, but that applies to all of WDW. We still have lots of fun. MVMCP is the hardest for me once they ended the Mickey's Night Before Christmas stage show but if we are there we have still been attending that too.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:39 PM   #16
Jasonv1
Grand Villa

We alternate the parties every year as part of the routine to get 2 trips out of an AP. This year November MVMCP, next year MNSSHP, etc.

If you aren't into the unique photo ops, meet and greets, parades, and/or fireworks shows then I can see thinking they are overpriced.

Many things at the park could be described as overpriced, it just depends on who you are asking and what you are asking about.

My DVC homes: BLT, BRV, BWV, VGC, AUL
Other DVC resorts I've visited: VB, VGF, SSR, PVB, AKV
Jasonv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:17 PM   #17
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

I love the parties, been to both many times.

The energy of the night trumps what Disney is throwing at it lately.

Still love it and enjoy it......for now.

Who knows what the future will bring.

But dang I love singing Boo to You! Way fun!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:33 PM   #18
teachmusic
One Bedroom

We tried the Christmas party in 2014; it was 6 of us and approximately 49,994 of our best friends. I found it to be too crowded and not worth the price. HOWEVER - it was also around Veteranís Day/New Jersey week - probably lent to the crowd issue.
teachmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:56 PM   #19
OLDDISNUT
One Bedroom

Been to the Halloween party a few times. If we are down there when it is going on will still go, the grandkids love it and enjoy getting dressed up!!!! All of the adults in our party love it too!!!!!
OLDDISNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:39 PM   #20
nicsmom
Grand Villa

I attended MNSSHP about 8 years ago. I must have really missed something! I did not find it to be very special at all. That year Trick or Treating was around Toontown... it was crowded, treats were nothing special, the best part of the evening was the free face painting! Lines for rides were shorter than average....parade was nice... what did I miss?
nicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote