home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-13-2018, 01:15 AM   #11
MMC1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
AKV is legally a single timeshare entity, so they can't restrict which building you can book in.
I know, I am just bitter about the way they handled the VWL conversion. And it has not seemed to increase price per point for resale market as hoped. It almost seems like the Copper Creek / BRVis a better purchase consideration price for anyone looking for a deal taking everything into consideration.

Back on topic, it does not make sense that this is occurring for some and not others. Weird
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:07 AM   #12
BobParr
One Bedroom

Quote:
AKV is legally a single timeshare entity, so they can't restrict which building you can book in.
Clearly they can. To do so may not be compliant with applicable property law, but they can because they are. You just have to hope that they want to fix it--because there's not much recourse.

Unless, of course, you want to spend the time and money to try and sue a multi-billion dollar corporation over a timeshare reservation.

But in the end they will fix it, because it's bad business not to--and Disney is pretty good at business.

It's Bob Iger's world--we just get to visit. Most days, that's pretty great. When it's not, oh well.
BobParr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:32 AM   #13
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudieHopps View Post
Ugh!
We have never had that problem... so far, but Disney IT issues are everywhere lately!

Me either.....That's not to see it could happen to me next time. I might have been lucky each time.....I dunno.

Disney IT is the worse.....I can never say that with enough conviction.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:34 AM   #14
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
I know, I am just bitter about the way they handled the VWL conversion. And it has not seemed to increase price per point for resale market as hoped. It almost seems like the Copper Creek / BRVis a better purchase consideration price for anyone looking for a deal taking everything into consideration.

I get it.....Since Disney made them two distinct timeshare resorts, the price of one has no bearing on the price of the other. Yet its very weird because they share the pool and other amenities.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:37 AM   #15
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:

Yup....One resort with two sections. Owners at either section can book Club Level rooms that are only in Jambo House.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:25 PM   #16
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobParr View Post
Clearly they can. To do so may not be compliant with applicable property law, but they can because they are. You just have to hope that they want to fix it--because there's not much recourse.

Unless, of course, you want to spend the time and money to try and sue a multi-billion dollar corporation over a timeshare reservation.

But in the end they will fix it, because it's bad business not to--and Disney is pretty good at business.

It's Bob Iger's world--we just get to visit. Most days, that's pretty great. When it's not, oh well.
There has been nothing that indicates they are doing this on purpose. There's been everything to suggest it is sloppy IT. I wouldn't disagree that DVC should make it a priority directive to IT to straighten it out asap but for most it has been. It's worked fine for me to book at both when I've looked at it and seems to be more individual glitches recently. Mostly I think the priority is just to keep the darn booking engine working at all then all the rest comes after that.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:52 PM   #17
Disney dreaming
Two Bedroom

Yes that wouldn’t be good trying to book a value room.
Disney dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote