home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-01-2019, 02:46 AM   #31
CDog
Two Bedroom

Does anyone know if there’s a cutoff time or if bell services closes at a certain time at night to be able to have them bring our groceries to our room? We have an upcoming trip but our flight doesn’t land until 7:30 PM, and who knows how long the Magical Express will take to get us there.

MOD #79
CDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 02:10 PM   #32
Disney Spaz
One Bedroom

CDog- We called for our delivery at 1am once on our trip and bell service brought it to our room. I will say we used Amazon Prime several times and only had one issue and that was at the resort at 1am.

My son, who has a different last name, ordered it and when he called bell service at the Grand to bring it over he refereed to it as a package. They said they couldn't find it. I called back and clarified the name but they still couldn't find it. I knew it was there so my husband and I walked to the main building and was told about the off-site package delivery warehouse. Then I said it was groceries and that Amazon Prime said it was delivered. The bell services person explained that if you say package versus groceries then they assume it was sent to the off-site warehouse for processing. He went to the back and after much looking found all of our groceries. They were very apologetic and had the bellmen at our room door before we even walked back with the items.

I chalked the whole thing up to miscommunications on both parts as well as a poor choice on our part to get back so late and then try to figure this all out. We agreed from now on we order it when bell services at VGF is open as I think they are more used to dealing with these types of deliveries.
Disney Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:04 PM   #33
spindoctors
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I have used several different grocery delivery companies over the year, but I now use Dizzy Dolphin Delivery exclusively. I have a lot of dietary restrictions and found that many of the other services didn't carry my go to foods. Dizzy Dolphin shops at many different stores and can always find what I need. They also do alcohol delivery through Total Wine for an additional $10. I don't recall ever giving them a copy of my ID, but I have been using them for years so I just might not remember. The owners are DVC members which is another plus for me.
spindoctors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:06 PM   #34
spindoctors
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDog View Post
Does anyone know if there’s a cutoff time or if bell services closes at a certain time at night to be able to have them bring our groceries to our room? We have an upcoming trip but our flight doesn’t land until 7:30 PM, and who knows how long the Magical Express will take to get us there.
I've had them deliver to my room after midnight before.
spindoctors is offline   Reply With Quote