home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-06-2019, 10:28 AM   #1
spindoctors
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default AP Question

I am a DVC member and want to buy a discounted AP for my daughter for her birthday. She lives with me but is a college student so we don't always travel together. I had planned on buying a voucher that she can activate for her fall trip to WDW, but I won't be traveling with her. Will that not work? The address on her ID is my home address, but she is not a DVC member. TIA
spindoctors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:45 AM   #2
tom82097
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctors View Post
I am a DVC member and want to buy a discounted AP for my daughter for her birthday. She lives with me but is a college student so we don't always travel together. I had planned on buying a voucher that she can activate for her fall trip to WDW, but I won't be traveling with her. Will that not work? The address on her ID is my home address, but she is not a DVC member. TIA
When I have purchased AP for my immediate family members, we have activated them at EPCOT ticket booth.

They asked for my blue DVC card, my ID, and my family members ID.

I think the only issue you might run in to, if your experience is the same as mine, is the initial activation.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:09 PM   #3
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

You can call MS. Reportedly, they can give you a special number for Guest Relations that will allow your daughter to activate the pass without your presence. Ask what she will need to provide (if anything) in addition to the photo iD showing your address.
Carol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:12 PM   #4
DMKEDM
One Bedroom

Did this for my son in September 2017...I had talked to the DVC people about what would be needed to activate the AP ahead of time, as we knew DS would be activating w/out me present...they gave me a code (which I sent w/DS) as well as my blue member card and of course he had his own ID showing he was living w/me at the time...

The CM at the ticket booth (IG at Epcot) said he also needed to see a copy of my drivers license (which DS didn't have)--the code I'd been given that DS showed didn't work...so DS called me (while the CM waited) and I scanned/emailed a pic of my drivers license to him...the CM was super nice to DS and very patient, and after about 30 minutes he had his AP activated...

Not sure if the drivers license (or copy of it) actually is required, or if this is one of those "different CM/different requirements" situations that Disney is so famous for...but eventually it did work out. But I'd recommend that if at all possible you be accessible and near your computer/scanner when your daughter goes to activate her AP! (And "just to be safe," send a copy of your drivers license with her, too, along w/the DVC member card!)...good luck...
DMKEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:58 PM   #5
spindoctors
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Thank you for the information! I feel better knowing that someone else has successfully activated the AP - even if it took a little work.
spindoctors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:45 PM   #6
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMKEDM View Post
Did this for my son in September 2017...I had talked to the DVC people about what would be needed to activate the AP ahead of time, as we knew DS would be activating w/out me present...they gave me a code (which I sent w/DS) as well as my blue member card and of course he had his own ID showing he was living w/me at the time...

The CM at the ticket booth (IG at Epcot) said he also needed to see a copy of my drivers license (which DS didn't have)--the code I'd been given that DS showed didn't work...so DS called me (while the CM waited) and I scanned/emailed a pic of my drivers license to him...the CM was super nice to DS and very patient, and after about 30 minutes he had his AP activated...

Not sure if the drivers license (or copy of it) actually is required, or if this is one of those "different CM/different requirements" situations that Disney is so famous for...but eventually it did work out. But I'd recommend that if at all possible you be accessible and near your computer/scanner when your daughter goes to activate her AP! (And "just to be safe," send a copy of your drivers license with her, too, along w/the DVC member card!)...good luck...
The DL or picture ID with DVC is required and for everyone 18 or older.