home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: Has DVC changed your non-DVC vacations?
No - nothing has changed. 29 55.77%
Yes - I no longer do vacations that arenít DVC 6 11.54%
Yes - I now stay in multi-bedroom accommmodations through sites like Airbnb 9 17.31%
Yes - I now camp on other trips because DVC dues are so high itís all I can afford 0 0%
Yes - I look for other timeshares to fill the void 5 9.62%
Yes - I wear headphones with cheesy music so that wherever I am, it feels like DVC 3 5.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2019, 03:02 PM   #21
cornbread4
One Bedroom

Our vacation style changed to suites/1BR's with kids after one trip where sharing a room did not go well for sleeping at night or for naps. Other benefits helped too from a quality-of-vacation perspective such as a small kitchen (we can't eat out more than one meal a day without feeling a bit overdone) and washer/dryer (pack-less) DVC 1BR's were a perfect match, though studios could certainly house our small family. I think house/condo/Airbnb type rentals for larger units for future non-Disney trips are a good idea for us to look into once we exhaust some old hotel-chain points.
cornbread4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 03:29 PM   #22
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

I voted no because I had already owned other timeshares and already appreciated the larger accommodations and the home-away-from-home amenities.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:32 PM   #23
YMMDVCer
Studio

Yes it has. For multiple day stays anywhere it's 1bd or 2 with a kitchen
YMMDVCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:13 PM   #24
MMC1
Grand Villa

I think many resorts close to WDW are catching on. If you look at room choices and amenities they have suites with bunk beds .
Disney only offers location and better transportation for higher cost.
I actually think the couch in DVC looks frumpy so I am happy to see the new updates using the bed in wall pull out. Seriously need them everywhere.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:35 PM   #25
bigbahamadada
Grand Villa

We only stay in multi-bedroom accomodations with laundry and and kitchen.

But that was the work of the arrival of child no. 3, not DVC. DVC fit our needs, rather than created them.

AirBNB, however, really has changed the way we travel. Instead of hunting for random hotel suites that kind of tick our boxes, but tend to be in outer-suburbs type locals . . . we find houses that give us a GREAT experience.
bigbahamadada is offline   Reply With Quote