home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-06-2018, 10:09 AM   #1
avsheffi
Grand Villa

Default Grocery Delivery?

We have always used Garden Grocer to deliver groceries to our resort. I've been happy with them in the past, but was thinking about trying Prime Pantry for our July trip. Has anyone used Prime Pantry and have feedback on them? One thing I like about Garden Grocer is they give a delivery timeframe and the groceries can be stored at the front desk. Does it work the same way with Prime Pantry? And do they deliver fresh foods and perishable items?

I'm going to do a little research tonight, but thought I'd ask my DVC peeps first about your experiences.

Thanks,
Angie

Last edited by avsheffi; 06-06-2018 at 10:24 AM.
avsheffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:57 AM   #2
drchauvin
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsheffi View Post
We have always used Garden Grocer to deliver groceries to our resort. I've been happy with them in the past, but was thinking about trying Prime Pantry for our July trip. Has anyone used Prime Pantry and have feedback on them? One thing I like about Garden Grocer is they give a delivery timeframe and the groceries can be stored at the front desk. Does it work the same way with Prime Pantry? And do they deliver fresh foods and perishable items?

I'm going to do a little research tonight, but thought I'd ask my DVC peeps first about your experiences.

Thanks,
Angie
also interested in finding out

drchauvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:31 AM   #3
milliehubbard
Studio

On our last two trips we ordered via Amazon Prime Now. There are two hour delivery windows and you can pick which you want, up to 10 pm (I think). The order is held at Bell Services and they will deliver to your room when you get in. We just had to call and let them know we were there. We had a variety of items including some refrigerated, which were still cold when we received them.

Both times I placed the order while at the airport once at home and once at MCO and delivery was ready when we got to our resort. LOVE IT. Nice variety of items available now that Whole Foods is owned by Amazon and GREAT prices. First trip we ended up placing a second order for a couple of items we forgot and some stomach medicine for unexpected troubles

Highly recommend Amazon. I'm all for supporting local businesses but the price difference cannot be ignored...local delivery items are in general at least twice the price.
2017 OKW (Apr), SSR & AKL (May) Poly (Sep), OKW (Nov); 2016 AoA (May), CBR (Jul), OKW (Aug); POR (Oct); 2015 Ft Wilderness Campground (Oct); 2014 Sherwood Forest Campground (Nov); 2013 Pop Century (Jul); 2012 Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress (Jul); 2011 Radisson Lake Buena Vista (Aug); 2010 Pop Century(Nov); 2009 PO Riverside (Jul); 2008 Pop Century (Apr); 2006-2007 Hunters Creek, FL Residents; 2005 CR, CBR, POR (Apr) All Star Sports (Aug)

DVC homes: AKL, OKW

milliehubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:04 PM   #4
krisephillips
One Bedroom

Will have to try Prime Now on our next trip. Used Instacart for the first time our last trip and that worked out really well also. Have a prime account and always forget about these added options/benefits.

Disney Castaway Club Member-Silver Level.
krisephillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:44 PM   #5
zulaya
Grand Villa

I know you asked about PrimeNow, but wondering if anyone has done delivery from SuperTarget? I think they use a delivery service called Shipt(?), but also have a pick up option.

DVC Member since 2002. Homes at BCV and AKV
30+ trips!

Next trip: May 2019
zulaya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:44 PM   #6
DVC Chiefs
Studio

Default Amazon prime now

Used Amazon Prime now in January at both GFV and BLT. Both worked great. Very simple to use on phone and add items and will come to room within 2 hours as long you order before cut off time. Prices were reasonable. Left bags at bell services, who would call us upon arrival to deliver. Easy stuff.

Steve

DVC Member-2007- SSR

:
DVC Chiefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:49 PM   #7
avsheffi
Grand Villa

So is Prime Now the same as Prime Pantry?

avsheffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:23 PM   #8
missa986
One Bedroom

I did NOT have a good experience with Prime Pantry on my last trip. I stayed at Boardwalk and expected to have my groceries when I checked in (they were due to be delivered that morning). When I checked in, they weren't there. I was told by the front desk that Prime Pantry is stored along with all of the other 'packages' that are delivered (think FedEx, UPS, etc.) and held off site. They said they would need to send someone out to the offsite location to pick them up. A few hours later, I checked in again at the front desk and I was told that the package delivery offsite location was closed and they'd have to try again in the morning.

The next day, I checked in and they had no record of my request to retrieve my groceries. I had to submit another request and it took them a few hours to go and get it. Maybe it was just because I didn't order anything that needed to be refrigerated?

I haven't tried Prime Now at WDW, but I use it occasionally at home and have been very happy. I think for this trip we may either consider that or maybe WalMart's new delivery service. I will not be using Prime Pantry again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsheffi View Post
So is Prime Now the same as Prime Pantry?
Nope, they're two different options, though both are grocery focused. When I used Prime Pantry, it was something I ordered a few days ahead of time and was delivered the same way any other Amazon package would be delivered. Prime Now you can order groceries to be delivered typically within 5 hours of when you place the order. I think Pantry is more for recurring non-perishable orders (think toilet paper and bottled water) and Now is for perishable groceries.

Oct/Nov 2018: Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo
Oct/Nov 2016: Boardwalk Villas
Sept 2014: Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani
Oct/Nov 2012: Pop Century
May 2009: Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo
Dec 2000: Polynesian Resort
Dec 1993: Caribbean Beach Resort
missa986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:27 PM   #9
DVC Chiefs
Studio

Default Prime Now

Prime Pantry and Prime Now are different.

Prime now is more like Amazon fresh but more limited and only available in certain areas. Disney is one of those areas.

Steve

DVC Member-2007- SSR

:
DVC Chiefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:47 PM   #10
milliehubbard
Studio

Be sure also to use the physical address of the resort and have delivery to your name c/o XYZ Resort Bell Services - also provide the phone number of the resort. My last order address was:

c/o DISNEY S WILDERNESS LODGE - BELL SERVICES,
901 TIMBERLINE DR ORLANDO, FL 32830

your name hold for guest arrival XX/XX/XXXX

The nice thing is you can have multiple addresses in your Prime Now Profile, so as you stay in different resorts, and order groceries, the addresses are added to your profile. Next time you stay there you can just select that address.
2017 OKW (Apr), SSR & AKL (May) Poly (Sep), OKW (Nov); 2016 AoA (May), CBR (Jul), OKW (Aug); POR (Oct); 2015 Ft Wilderness Campground (Oct); 2014 Sherwood Forest Campground (Nov); 2013 Pop Century (Jul); 2012 Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress (Jul); 2011 Radisson Lake Buena Vista (Aug); 2010 Pop Century(Nov); 2009 PO Riverside (Jul); 2008 Pop Century (Apr); 2006-2007 Hunters Creek, FL Residents; 2005 CR, CBR, POR (Apr) All Star Sports (Aug)

DVC homes: AKL, OKW

milliehubbard is offline   Reply With Quote