home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-30-2018, 07:48 AM   #21
andykate08096
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Hello all. Im debating using prime now in January. Do you have to answer the call that they are on their way like walmart? Im worried they will want to confirm while Im flying. Also can you order gin and beer? Can you also order prime now to have delivered a day in advance? I just want to make sure that there wont be any priblems with our order. Thanks all
andykate08096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:02 AM   #22
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by andykate08096 View Post
Hello all. Im debating using prime now in January. Do you have to answer the call that they are on their way like walmart? Im worried they will want to confirm while Im flying. Also can you order gin and beer? Can you also order prime now to have delivered a day in advance? I just want to make sure that there wont be any priblems with our order. Thanks all
Every grocery service we've used has confirmed while we're in flight. We land to multiple texts from grocery service and WDW confirmations. Garden Grocer has actually confirmed food delivery before we've even boarded the plane. That's never been much of a deal. As there is only the 2 of us we usually need bell services to help us get the stuff to the room.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:06 AM   #23
andykate08096
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Every grocery service we've used has confirmed while we're in flight. We land to multiple texts from grocery service and WDW confirmations. Garden Grocer has actually confirmed food delivery before we've even boarded the plane. That's never been much of a deal. As there is only the 2 of us we usually need bell services to help us get the stuff to the room.
Bell service would do that? Thats great news! This is our first time without a car and Im so worried we will be dropped off at the hospitality house at OKW and have to drag our grand daughter all her stuff and all of ours to a room far away. Ive seen people get rides in golf carts with their luggage. Do we just ask bell service for a ride?
andykate08096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:16 AM   #24
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Bell service would do that? Thats great news! This is our first time without a car and Im so worried we will be dropped off at the hospitality house at OKW and have to drag our grand daughter all her stuff and all of ours to a room far away. Ive seen people get rides in golf carts with their luggage. Do we just ask bell service for a ride?
Yes, just ask - we have bell services very accommodating at every resort. There is usually a wait but the delay is worth the help.
Old 12-30-2018, 09:38 AM   #25
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
If you want alcohol, you have to meet in person. Prime Now can deliver early in the day. Id do that over getting it a day early. Nothing to answer though in terms of a call.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:01 PM   #26
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
OKW is our thing. We get off the bus, walk up to the bell services desk right there, tell them we need a ride to the room and that we had groceries delivered...they load it up in a golf cart (or sometimes a van) and in a few minutes we are being whisked away to our room, the nice person gets it all in the room for us, I slip him a five or a ten depending on how big the groceries and luggage was. Vacation! Glad you might get to enjoy it that way, too!
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 02:04 PM   #27
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
If you want alcohol, you have to meet in person. Prime Now can deliver early in the day. Id do that over getting it a day early. Nothing to answer though in terms of a call.
Garden Grocer delivers beer and wine (nothing harder) to Bell Services without having to meet them, at least all the times I've done it, never done it anywhere other than OKW. True, prices are more with GG than others. But haven't had a problem yet. I like that it's there waiting for me. Now, if only the beer was cold.....
Old 12-31-2018, 02:13 PM   #28
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
Garden Grocer delivers beer and wine (nothing harder) to Bell Services without having to meet them, at least all the times I've done it, never done it anywhere other than OKW. True, prices are more with GG than others. But haven't had a problem yet. I like that it's there waiting for me. Now, if only the beer was cold.....
Yes they do but at the massive negative of requiring your photo ID on file. That's a huge fat no in my book. I'd rather save money and not have my ID on file. I'd sooner lyft/uber it to a store than use GG honestly.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:18 PM   #29
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Yes they do but at the massive negative of requiring your photo ID on file.
Here's what they say: "Please note that we do not store any customers identification documents on our server. Your ID document is sent to info@gardengrocer.com and then deleted upon approval."

I'm not arguing, also grain of salt and all that, I'm just saying that's what they say.

I sent mine in like four years ago and haven't had to resubmit since.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:51 PM   #30
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
Here's what they say: "Please note that we do not store any customers identification documents on our server. Your ID document is sent to info@gardengrocer.com and then deleted upon approval."

I'm not arguing, also grain of salt and all that, I'm just saying that's what they say.

I sent mine in like four years ago and haven't had to resubmit since.
Still doesn't make me comfortable. Nothing you send via the internet is secure enough. Even "deleted" I do not trust enough. It's one thing to show my ID, but another to copy it electronically and send it via unsecure methods (encrypting to a stranger is usually a pain).

Plus knowing that you don't have to resend doesn't give me much faith in it all. I'm just that protective over my ID and such.