home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Site / Forum News and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-20-2018, 09:20 AM   #21
Stuart Song
One Bedroom

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-20-2018, 10:49 AM   #22
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I though you just left it outside and let the prevailing winds do the smoking . . .

Dirk
Sadly, I had joked about that...would have to get the outside temp up to about about 225, though

(In the further thread drift regime: It is getting better and we're expecting rain tomorrow. Have had two races cancelled in the past 9 days. One more for Thanksgiving morning, Fingers crossed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
That sounds delicious.
It was/is. Not quite a tender as I had hoped (much better than oven ones I had done previously), so I still have things to learn.

Cheers.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:35 AM   #23
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Sadly, I had joked about that...would have to get the outside temp up to about about 225, though

(In the further thread drift regime: It is getting better and we're expecting rain tomorrow. Have had two races cancelled in the past 9 days. One more for Thanksgiving morning, Fingers crossed)

It was/is. Not quite a tender as I had hoped (much better than oven ones I had done previously), so I still have things to learn.

Cheers.
Not sure about the smoker you are using, but you might try lowering the temp a little and cooking it longer. Also, if there is a way to use foil underneath it to catch the juice as it cooks, that can help as well.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:00 PM   #24
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Not sure about the smoker you are using, but you might try lowering the temp a little and cooking it longer. Also, if there is a way to use foil underneath it to catch the juice as it cooks, that can help as well.
Thanks. Yeah, a number of things to try. I went withe Texas Crutch, but probably want to leave it in The stall for longer next time

Cheers.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:15 PM   #25
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Thanks. Yeah, a number of things to try. I went withe Texas Crutch, but probably want to leave it in The stall for longer next time

Cheers.
I don't do it, but my friend smokes his stuff for a looooong time (like most of the day). He's doing quite a lot of meat so that probably has something to do with it. It tastes great, though. He's ruined a lot of BBQ for me.

Enjoy your feast!
Old 11-20-2018, 12:29 PM   #26
administrator
Ms. Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
My best guess will be before Kim finishes preparing the turkey.
Kim is not preparing turkey! Kim and Eric, in a real attempt at relaxing in a furnished rental unit (because our newly-purchased house is in the midst of a complete remodel), will be enjoying various wines and charcuterie for Thanksgiving.

I mean, nothing says Thanksgiving like expensive cheeses, cured meats, and fermented grapes. And an awesome 20 year-old tawny port for dessert.

Am I right or am I right?

(Btw, we eat an awful lot of BBQ down here in TX. I've only lived here for four months, but I could probably barf up the equivalent of a whole cow and at least half a pig if you asked me to.)
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:41 PM   #27
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Kim is not preparing turkey! Kim and Eric, in a real attempt at relaxing in a furnished rental unit (because our newly-purchased house is in the midst of a complete remodel), will be enjoying various wines and charcuterie for Thanksgiving.

I mean, nothing says Thanksgiving like expensive cheeses, cured meats, and fermented grapes. And an awesome 20 year-old tawny port for dessert.

(Btw, we eat an awful lot of BBQ down here in TX. I've only lived here for four months, but I could probably barf up the equivalent of a whole cow and at least half a pig if you asked me to.)
Sounds great Kim. Although I actually prefer white port to tawny, very smooth and drinkable. Once itís opened, DH and I will happily finish it over a few evenings.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else too!
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:08 PM   #28
hilaw
Grand Villa

I once smoked a turkey for 18 hours = 18 pounds for 1 hour each? I thought it was timed right to be ready for Thanksgiving dinner, but inedible, hah! Did not have turkey that Thanksgiving.
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:12 PM   #29
hilaw
Grand Villa

I also once used lemon-pepper as the predominant seasoning on a duck. Then, used it again for Chex Mix because the label looked like seasoning salt before I found out. I threw out the lemon-pepper bottle and don't keep that spice in my seasoning assortment. (Drift)
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:21 PM   #30
It's Me
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post

Now that sounds like the perfect Thanksgiving.

We are hosting, though only 6 for sit down dinner, but then a slew of others popping in and out throughout the day. My saving grace is we will be home.all day.no schlepping us and the dog from house to house.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving. We are all truly thankful for all you do, and put up with, to keep the MO gears running.

It's Me is offline   Reply With Quote