home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-24-2017, 09:40 AM   #191
disney65
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
After Apple stopped supporting Aperture I invested in Adobe's Creative Cloud for Lightroom and Photoshop. It works very well for me. I tend to use Lightroom nearly exclusively for home needs and only use Photoshop for some graphics stuff for work. Adobe is building a nice little eco-system for serious photography that Apple has essentially abandoned, and the monthly price isn't bad. I just wish it meshed with Apple's cloud system.

Over the two weeks of vacation, I ended up keeping 800 photos, of which 400-500 are probably worthy for public posting and albums with the rest kept just to have otptions are because they are meaningful to family. That's a lot to. Hardly on the iPad but Lightroom for iPad is really very good, surprisingly so!

I may revisit the way I handle photos on vacation when I upgrade to the iPad Pro once the new ones come out. For now, i still do everything on a Mac and only use the app for photos taken on the iPhone or for display of collections.

Dirk
Do you know if you can buy software or they just doing subscription only?

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:07 PM   #192
MickeyMcButterPants
One Bedroom

Your report was excellent, thanks for taking the time.
MickeyMcButterPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:01 PM   #193
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
Do you know if you can buy software or they just doing subscription only?
You can buy the software. I'm not sure how the economics work out, though. The subscription over 12 months is far less than buying the products independently unless they've changed their price structure. You also get the latest versions, so no upgrade fees.

Dirk
Old 05-24-2017, 07:01 PM   #194
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMcButterPants View Post
Your report was excellent, thanks for taking the time.
Thank you! I plan to add more over Memorial Day weekend, the land-based part of the vacation.

Dirk
Old 05-24-2017, 07:15 PM   #195
disney65
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
You can buy the software. I'm not sure how the economics work out, though. The subscription over 12 months is far less than buying the products independently unless they've changed their price structure. You also get the latest versions, so no upgrade fees.

Dirk
Do not see independent buying option anymore, if subscriptions will be cheaper, will go with that.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:48 PM   #196
CAS9RN3
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I've enjoyed reading your trip report. Unfortunately I couldn't see the pictures...just had a solid black box with a white x through it. We were on the Fantasy for week 2 years ago this June. Great trip! We played Bingo for the first time too. We won on one game several hundred dollars. After considering the cost of playing and paying off the 12 year old who was holding the electronic bingo pad when it won, we came out a little over $100 ahead. And, I'll never look at or say B-11 as anything other than Beyoncé again! Cindy
CAS9RN3 is offline   Reply With Quote