home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-02-2015, 07:34 AM   #11
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by maquayla View Post
Hi, I live halfway between Nashville and Chattanooga off 24. If you do come this was stopping for a rest at city cafe in Chattanooga is a must. Their food and cakes are amazing.
We usually drive straight through to Disney but have come to the conclusion it's wearing on a person. So, for our next trip we decided to camp half way down. Not knowing the area, we chose one close to 24, Old Stone Fort State Park. With you being in the area, are you familiar with it? Did I make a good choice? Thanks in advance!
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:33 AM   #12
maquayla
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
We usually drive straight through to Disney but have come to the conclusion it's wearing on a person. So, for our next trip we decided to camp half way down. Not knowing the area, we chose one close to 24, Old Stone Fort State Park. With you being in the area, are you familiar with it? Did I make a good choice? Thanks in advance!
Yes it is a nice area in Manchester. There. Is not a lot in Manchester . There is also a koa campground there too that is very nice. My nephew did grounds keeping there while In, college. There is 24 he security at both campgrounds I believe.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:40 PM   #13
CAS9RN3
Studio

Default I-95-south-Emporia, VA to WDW-I-4 work around-June 18 and July 2, 2016

I hope I am doing this right! We are traveling from Emporia, VA to WDW in June. I know there is major construction on I-4. Is there a route to take we could avoid that? How bad is the traffic? Thanks
CAS9RN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:07 AM   #14
willowrainjames
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I will be driving down from my mom's place in Kathleen GA. What's good to stop along the way for bathroom breaks, lunch etc. I have never been to her new place nor these parts of GA or FL. Taking an adventure!
willowrainjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:45 AM   #15
Suz333
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowrainjames View Post
I will be driving down from my mom's place in Kathleen GA. What's good to stop along the way for bathroom breaks, lunch etc. I have never been to her new place nor these parts of GA or FL. Taking an adventure!
I haven't spent any time in Kathleen GA, but it looks really close to Perry. Perry hosts the state fair every year in October, and I think other events take place there throughout the year. Perry also has the Go Fish educational center which gets good reviews on TripAdvisor.

Sorry I can't help more - we live near Atlanta and tend to make only one stop on our way to WDW. I do see a lot of people getting pulled over in the Tifton area, just south of Perry, so don't speed through on that section of I-75.
Suz333 is offline   Reply With Quote