home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-11-2018, 06:43 PM   #41
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
For the first time in forever.... (sorry)

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:25 PM   #42
Djohn06
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
Far from a great deal, their prices are downright comical.

I just picked mid-October from DTW to MCO to compare. Oct 13-21. Sat-sun. Cheapest flights, regardless of scheduled time:

Spirit: $242
Delta: $296, nonstop
American: $321
United: $570, with stops
Southwest: $607, with plane changes

Is the SW customer base so loyal that they'll ignore other options entirely, allowing ridiculous prices?

Airlines aren't looking for flight wars anymore. You just don't see competition like you used to in the late 90's early 2000's. Detroit is Delta country. SW knows that. So, they concede Detroit, RDU, and Cincinnati to Delta. Delta backs certain off SW routes too. Everyone makes money. Shareholders are happy.

Djohn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:41 PM   #43
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Delta's Premium Economy (or whatever they call it) is quite nice. We've flown that several times and very much liked it.

Cheers.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:44 PM   #44
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Transit View Post
I'm beginning to think that SW is catering to certain areas of the country over others. Our trip in October from BDL (Hartford, CT) to MCO is $121 each down (direct) and $97 back (direct).
Nobody's gonna beat that price with 2 free checked bags (and always comp'd drinks) included.
I have to believe that's the case. SW basically flips off Michigan. But how can they fill any planes being the high cost carrier? Bizarre.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:50 AM   #45
FessParker1
One Bedroom

I wonder why I didn’t see it there before, all the airlines have a pretty good deal if you get there rewards card. You can fly just about anywhere for only the TSA security fee. As long as your plane doesn’t end up under the sea you will probably have a great trip. It’s a wonderful feeling touching down at MCO knowing your almost there. Every time we go it’s like a whole new world discovering the many places we haven’t explored yet. There’s no worries when your at WDW. Sadly all trips come to an end then it’s back to[/i]work we go [/i]and to start planning the next trip.

We luck out being in the middle of 3 major SW serviced airports. Can usually get $89 to $129 each way and always use points and fly direct. I have 3 airline cards just for free flights. Haven't paid for a flight in over 10 years.
FessParker1 is online now   Reply With Quote