home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-24-2018, 07:23 AM   #81
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
The Minnie Vans are owned and operated by Disney on property and driven by Disney employees. I would think families with children should keep this in mind in case accident occurs... Doesn't anybody use the regular bus transport anymore? What happened to Mears Transport?
I use the regular transportation....no issues with it. But we also have our car- seldomly need it but it is there.
Last summer i had an ankle injury, the e walk back to blt was awful. Would have loved a ride then.
On another note, this was part of the reason we opted for ccv, while the monorails were all crowded, the boat launch seemed relatively empty. After having an injury where mobility was limited, i found the walk to the boat launch the easier walk. I see more value from the inside park transportation. Perhaps if they offered minnie vans that picked up and dropped off inside the parks or from inside the parks to the resorts hence a more advanced uber i would use it.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:48 AM   #82
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNDisneyMommy View Post
I am just willing to pay more because we care a lot about kid safety. In fact, we wanted to take them more often on our last trip and we often had availability issues - so - raising the price, if it means I have easier access, well - I am not opposed.

Well said. I really think there is value in the Minnie Vans beyond just transportation. The drivers are great. Plus, my family had a couple of bad experiences with Uber's ride services.
The MinnieVan experience is really great, and I can see how it competes well with other options when there are larger parties. In our case, we were two couples so split the cost, which again made a lot of sense. The driver was great, too.

I'm not sure I would go from park to resort in a MinnieVan except in certain circumstances. Our trip, it was well after AK had closed (we closed down Tiffins), and our resort was SSR. Buses were still running but we didn't want to wait and we didn't want Uber/Lyft because they couldn't necessarily take 4 easily. So, MinnieVan it was. Flawless and worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
I use the regular transportation....no issues with it. But we also have our car- seldomly need it but it is there.
Last summer i had an ankle injury, the e walk back to blt was awful. Would have loved a ride then.
We're generally good with Disney transportation, too. The lead favorite moments are packed buses at closing when you know you have to wait for a bus or two, or super late at night when the frequency is greatly reduced and we're tired.

I like the MK resort launches. They just don't work for us most times - it's easier to take the ferry from the PVB locations and we don't often stay at the WL DVC units.

Quote:
I see more value from the inside park transportation. Perhaps if they offered minnie vans that picked up and dropped off inside the parks or from inside the parks to the resorts hence a more advanced uber i would use it.
Disney's Express Transportation from park to park was really awesome. Seriously, truly awesome. It's just that nobody used it. If they could do that with MinnieVans, it would be worth the price.

Right now, for capacity reasons, I can see why they don't offer an "all-you-can-ride" fee (which they did with Express Transportation), but I would consider it for a trip. Possibly even as high as $149 or $199 for 7 days. That's still less than an intermediate car rental for a week and Disney gets to keep me on site.

Or, perhaps reduced pricing for multiple trips like the way ticket pricing works. One trip is $25. A 6 trip credit could be $15 per trip, maybe.

I'll pay for comfort and convenience, but I don't need it.

Dirk
Old 03-24-2018, 11:39 AM   #83
cpnkirk
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
The MinnieVan experience is really great, and I can see how it competes well with other options when there are larger parties. In our case, we were two couples so split the cost, which again made a lot of sense. The driver was great, too.

I'm not sure I would go from park to resort in a MinnieVan except in certain circumstances. Our trip, it was well after AK had closed (we closed down Tiffins), and our resort was SSR. Buses were still running but we didn't want to wait and we didn't want Uber/Lyft because they couldn't necessarily take 4 easily. So, MinnieVan it was. Flawless and worth it.

We're generally good with Disney transportation, too. The lead favorite moments are packed buses at closing when you know you have to wait for a bus or two, or super late at night when the frequency is greatly reduced and we're tired.

I like the MK resort launches. They just don't work for us most times - it's easier to take the ferry from the PVB locations and we don't often stay at the WL DVC units.

Disney's Express Transportation from park to park was really awesome. Seriously, truly awesome. It's just that nobody used it. If they could do that with MinnieVans, it would be worth the price.

Right now, for capacity reasons, I can see why they don't offer an "all-you-can-ride" fee (which they did with Express Transportation), but I would consider it for a trip. Possibly even as high as $149 or $199 for 7 days. That's still less than an intermediate car rental for a week and Disney gets to keep me on site.

Or, perhaps reduced pricing for multiple trips like the way ticket pricing works. One trip is $25. A 6 trip credit could be $15 per trip, maybe.

I'll pay for comfort and convenience, but I don't need it.

Dirk
$200 week long pass? Count me in. Throw in a trip to the airport, too while you're at it! (that last bit might be too much to expect from Disney, though...)
March 2014, off site

cpnkirk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:43 AM   #84
K&P
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We used the Minnie van service three times on our trip in February. Id continue to use it even with the price increase. However my family has two car seat age children who need naps and a dual stroller to transport to the parks. We were staying at BLT and were selective about when we use the service, Using the Minnie vans when we were headed to HS or AK, then we took the buses back to BLT.

It worked great for us as it allowed us to limit long bus rides to one per day.
Rather than running to the bus at a specific time we requested a ride which allowed our kids an extra 20-30 minutes of nap time. Plus the ride time was a little shorter and much more comfortable.

I imagine if our children were older wed probably ride the buses both ways or look into Uber or Lyft.

As it was previously posted, I think Disney is filling a niche need and may not care to expand it too far for logistical reasons.
K&P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:47 AM   #85
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&P View Post
We used the Minnie van service three times on our trip in February. I’d continue to use it even with the price increase. However my family has two car seat age children who need naps and a dual stroller to transport to the parks. We were staying at BLT and were selective about when we use the service, Using the Minnie vans when we were headed to HS or AK, then we took the buses back to BLT.

It worked great for us as it allowed us to limit long bus rides to one per day.
Rather than running to the bus at a specific time we requested a ride which allowed our kids an extra 20-30 minutes of nap time. Plus the ride time was a little shorter and much more comfortable. Heck, one less risk of a melt-down, Priceless!

I imagine if our children were older we’d probably ride the buses both ways or look into Uber or Lyft.

As it was previously posted, I think Disney is filling a niche need and may not care to expand it too far for logistical reasons.
Buses never work well when people have a lot of gear/equipment to bring along. I can totally see MinnieVans working well in your situation and well worth the money just for added comfort and peace of mind.

I also think they work well for party-sizes larger than 3. The Lyft vehicles we've taken at WDW could have handled 2 adults and 2 smaller kids (beyond child-seat age) easily enough, but not 2 adults/2 teens or 4 adults.

Dirk
Old 03-26-2018, 10:52 AM   #86
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Default Phone Number???

I've used the Minnie Vans, so I can access them on my phone app. But does anyone have a phone number or a contact method just to ask a question? TIA!