home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-20-2020, 09:00 AM   #41
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
I will raise you a minimum of $25 to $50 pp. Current monorail resorts are $245 to $255. This is 2 years off and you know direct prices will go up!
But don't forget they start out low to recoup some cash and then go up quickly. Cant have an old resort looking like a bargain direct because no one will buy the newer one. If CC was still at 188 with incentives I might be tempted, Riviera with restrictions, as nice as it is, is not for us.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:29 PM   #42
Disney Dad ADL
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
The fact that the article quoted Disney as saying it may never be built is a bit disheartening. Iím honestly happy with my VGC points, and I donít plan to buy here. I do wish they would plan for more 1BRs and 2BRs at this resort. A resort that is so heavy with studios isnít a good fit for us now with our kids in elementary school. We prefer the extra space of the larger villas. Iím sure if this is built, itíll sell extremely well and be beautiful. I might even use some non-VGC points to try and stay there at 7 months one time. Itís just so far for us to get to CA or weíd go more often.
It still hasn't been approved by the City of Anaheim... my sense is that Disney and Anaheim haven't been on the best terms lately (just look what happened with their luxury hotel), but I guess we will see what happens.
Disney Dad ADL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 05:29 PM   #43
cali09
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
Yes i think it will sell out quickly. Red hot.

Goldi

If it gets built.

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:25 PM   #44
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
But don't forget they start out low to recoup some cash and then go up quickly. Cant have an old resort looking like a bargain direct because no one will buy the newer one. If CC was still at 188 with incentives I might be tempted, Riviera with restrictions, as nice as it is, is not for us.

I was not interested in the beginning with Riviera. Seeing it in person changed my mind! I don't like the resale restrictions, but it is a contract that I will keep until....! If I do have to sell, I think the resale price will be much higher by then! What if any I potentially would lose PP will have been offset by our use.