home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-18-2019, 11:18 AM   #41
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
This creates a question for me...

If I use all of my home resort points to make my reservation at the 11 month window then use other resort points at the 7 month window to add days, shouldn't I be able to do this online without any issues?
You can add the days, but you can't have those days be part of the initial reservation you made at 11 months using your home resort points.

Lets say the you want to book a stay with a check-in on a Monday, checking out the following Monday. You get on and find out that you are able to book Mon - Wed in your home resort window, but Wednesday night is sold out over your dates, so you open a wait list for Wednesday night. Then you go ahead and book Thurs - Mon using your home resort window.

Obviously, now you are missing a day in the middle of your trip. Your wait list for your missing Wednesday night finally fills in your 7 month window. In the past, DVC would happily merge all of these days into one reservation with one confirmation number to ensure that you would not have to move (assuming the guest list in the same and the room type and view are the same). Now, no more. Now you would have 3 confirmation numbers and those 3 different reservations would be "linked" and since it is not one reservation confirmation there is a possibility that you might have move in the middle of your stay. This is the issue. Disney does not guarantee that you won't have to move unless your stay and all the nights of your stay falls under one confirmation number.

Where I'm Going 2019:

Friday, 01/18/19 - Monday, 01/21/19 - Offsite (Hyatt Regency Orange County)
Friday, 02/08/19 - Sunday, 02/10/19 - VGC
Sunday, 06/30/19 - Friday, 07/12/19 - HHI
Friday, 08/30/19 - Monday, 09/02/2019 - VGC
Friday, 09/27/19 - Tuesday, 10/01/2019 - VGC
Friday, 10/11/19 - Monday, 10/14/2019 - VGC
Friday, 10/25/19 - Wednesday, 10/30/2019 - VGF
Wednesday, 10/30/2019 - Monday, 11/04/2019 - BWV (Running 2nd 10K w/BFF - 11/02/19)
Monday, 11/04/2019 - Saturday, 11/09/2019 - BWV
Friday, 12/20/19 - Tuesday, 12/24/2019 - VGC

Last edited by cmrdgrs; 05-18-2019 at 11:21 AM. Reason: correction on dates
cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 12:17 PM   #42
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I really donít think that he meant it that way. I just read it as ďis it more prevalent at one resort over the other? Should I be sure to visit that front desk when I check in to request that we not be moved?Ē That sort of thing. I donít think that anyone believes that it is okay to move us just for giggles. And it makes no sense, really. It just adds inconvenience to the guests and to MouseKeeping. Itís in no oneís best interest to have to move just because a reservation was make with different contracts. Iím really sorry that youíve had to deal with that so many times. Iíd be upset too!
In one instance with VGF I was on site at BCV and personally went over to VGF to discuss my upcoming stay at the VGF two days before I was to move from BCV to VGF. I personally went there to make absolutely sure that I wasn't going to have to change rooms. I had a single night, and then I had 5 more nights due to the 11/7 month point issue. I was assured I would not have to move...

Fast forward two days, I check in at VGF to find out I have to move. On the single night I had been assigned a handicap room and for the other nights I was not assigned a handicap room. Went up the chain of command and it didn't matter, there was nothing they could do, it was the way the rooms fell in their system -- I had to move.

My point is that this policy is just bullsit. Disney IT should fix this issue.

Where I'm Going 2019:

Wednesday, 10/30/2019 - Monday, 11/04/2019 - BWV (Running 2nd 10K w/BFF - 11/02/19)

Old 05-18-2019, 02:16 PM   #43
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
In one instance with VGF I was on site at BCV and personally went over to VGF to discuss my upcoming stay at the VGF two days before I was to move from BCV to VGF. I personally went there to make absolutely sure that I wasn't going to have to change rooms. I had a single night, and then I had 5 more nights due to the 11/7 month point issue. I was assured I would not have to move...

Fast forward two days, I check in at VGF to find out I have to move. On the single night I had been assigned a handicap room and for the other nights I was not assigned a handicap room. Went up the chain of command and it didn't matter, there was nothing they could do, it was the way the rooms fell in their system -- I had to move.

My point is that this policy is just bullsit. Disney IT should fix this issue.
Totally agree. Like I said, itís not in anyoneís best interest to have to move. Weíve had to do it before when changing room categories, naturally. But it shouldnít happen when the reservations are all for the same category. Unacceptable.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:21 PM   #44
cali09
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Unfortunately transferred in points are not viewable online unless both same resort and same use year (and even then it’s questionable).
Well boo. Thank you for the info Brian! Very helpful to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Also remember online booking opens at 8 a.m. Eastern (5 a.m. Pacific).
Thanks again-I was confusing it with the time you can start booking online for either ADR's or FP's? I know one of them opens at 7 am Eastern

Quote:
If you are really worried, how about “walking” that reservation for a couple of days? Then be on the phone with MS the morning after Memorial Day to make the needed changes?
Thanks Mindy-this was Plan B!

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:16 PM   #45
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali09 View Post
Well boo. Thank you for the info Brian! Very helpful to know.

Thanks again-I was confusing it with the time you can start booking online for either ADR's or FP's? I know one of them opens at 7 am Eastern

Thanks Mindy-this was Plan B!
Normally I would say that you would probably be fine since itís a 1 BR. But with the opening of SWGE, this fall/winter seems a little tighter. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Old 05-18-2019, 05:35 PM   #46
cali09
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Normally I would say that you would probably be fine since itís a 1 BR. But with the opening of SWGE, this fall/winter seems a little tighter. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Thank you!

Agreed. With SWGE opening and that I need NYE night as part of the reservation this year it is a little nerve-wracking. It would have been better if DD had let me know earlier that her DBF decided to accept the invitation to join us for part of our trip this year.

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:26 PM   #47
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Totally agree. Like I said, it’s not in anyone’s best interest to have to move. We’ve had to do it before when changing room categories, naturally. But it shouldn’t happen when the reservations are all for the same category. Unacceptable.
Disney IT issues just make me crazy. I think part of it is that my husband and I own a software company and our customers expect nothing less than perfection from us, and because we are a very small business we have to strive to be pretty perfect, or we're out of business because we will lose their business to a competitor.

In the case of Disney IT, I just feel like they honestly don't care about the customer, it's pretty hard to be a "like" entity to Disney. There just isn't another Disney World or Disneyland, so in essence there is no competition, really.

In my case, the reason I had to move at VGF had to do with room category. Not due to my request to have a handicapped room, but for the room assigner to give me a handicapped room for that single night (even though I didn't request it) and then Disney's need to not have me in the handicapped room, even though now due to my desire not to have to move I wanted the handicapped room, but that it didn't meet the need of another guest so it was not accommodated. I guess I've just drawn bad odds on this situation because it has happened to me once at VGF and twice at VGC for different reasons.

The odds may be slim of moving, but DVC really should figure out a way of avoiding this for DVC members who have multiple "linked" reservation numbers, because they are forcing multiple reservation numbers to be created. Even DVC CMs will tell you that your are not guaranteed to move because it is not one reservation. Disney's software is creating the issue, and the guest has to potentially pay the price for their bad software.

Where I'm Going 2019:

Old 06-03-2019, 08:15 PM   #48
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Ok, hereís the scoop, at least for today. At the 11 month window I booked dec 28th-31st. Not wanting to use my BLT points I decide to gamble on their 27thm having not heard of the new undergoing restrictions. At 7 months out I added the 27th, knowing what had been discussed here. I called today with some other business, once done I was asked if I had anything else to do.

I informed the cast member of my 2 upcoming reservations, giving full disclosure of how each was booked. I then said that I had heard they no longer merged reservations. She said that is totally untrue, I cannot do it but a supervisor can. 3-4 minutes on hold and she came back with all my dates under. One reservation number. Then went on to say Disney doesnít want you to move as much as you donít want to, that way they donít have to clean extra rooms.

So that is the policy today, as per one CM and one supervisor. She did mention that you couldnít reallocate points and have this done.

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD13DD10
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:08 PM   #49
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmer55 View Post
Ok, hereís the scoop, at least for today. At the 11 month window I booked dec 28th-31st. Not wanting to use my BLT points I decide to gamble on their 27thm having not heard of the new undergoing restrictions. At 7 months out I added the 27th, knowing what had been discussed here. I called today with some other business, once done I was asked if I had anything else to do.

I informed the cast member of my 2 upcoming reservations, giving full disclosure of how each was booked. I then said that I had heard they no longer merged reservations. She said that is totally untrue, I cannot do it but a supervisor can. 3-4 minutes on hold and she came back with all my dates under. One reservation number. Then went on to say Disney doesnít want you to move as much as you donít want to, that way they donít have to clean extra rooms.

So that is the policy today, as per one CM and one supervisor. She did mention that you couldnít reallocate points and have this done.
And they points you used are the same ones they used? Ie, they didnít use more BLT points as it sounds like you may have had some?
Old 06-03-2019, 09:36 PM   #50
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
And they points you used are the same ones they used? Ie, they didn’t use more BLT points as it sounds like you may have had some?
Correct. The 27th was booked with OKW points at the 7th month window. No additional BLT points were touched.

I now stand corrected because this wasn’t discussed with them. My additional night was 62 points booked with OKW. Now that I look they took 20 points I had remaining in current BLT UY and 42 from OKW. But they didn’t borrow any points of which I have a full allotment. I’m good with it because I clearly wanted one reservation, and didn’t want to borrow. So I’m good on both fronts but UT=tterly confused on the policy.

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD13DD10

Last edited by Fmer55; 06-03-2019 at 09:44 PM.
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote