home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-15-2019, 12:26 PM   #91
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Our Panasonic plasma died just before the 3 year warranty expired.
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:28 PM   #92
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

On topic, or back to the original thread theme..... we “almost” bought 75 points on the Dream back in April. Concerns about getting studios prevented our signing on the line.
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:55 PM   #93
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
On topic, or back to the original thread theme..... we “almost” bought 75 points on the Dream back in April. Concerns about getting studios prevented our signing on the line.
Wise.

I'm not bummed about our purchase because I can also get one bedrooms (which apparently I like now) or use the points at other recent - and therefor pricey - DVCs, but if I were buying for at studio specifically at CCV, I'd be very disappointed.

Had I known that Riviera would have come in at a beginners special at about the same price I paid for CCV, then I probably would have waited for Riviera. I suspect owners there won't have trouble booking.

Then again, my 160 CCV points go further at CCV than they would at Riviera . . .

So, the moral of the story is clear: DVC is expensive.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:15 AM   #94
carolina_yankee
Administrator

I've noticed int he last few days that the 11 month logjam on Studios (both categories) at CCV has finally broken. It seems that there is full availability beginning the week after Easter Week next year. It's actually possible to book without walking or jumping online at 8 am precisely.

Wonder how long this will hold out?

Dirk

Old 05-22-2019, 10:19 AM   #95
PrincipalTinker
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I've noticed int he last few days that the 11 month logjam on Studios (both categories) at CCV has finally broken. It seems that there is full availability beginning the week after Easter Week next year. It's actually possible to book without walking or jumping online at 8 am precisely.

Wonder how long this will hold out?

Dirk
I have been watching too. I am wondering if there will be a couple of months a year when you can book a studio.
PrincipalTinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:07 AM   #96
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipalTinker View Post
I have been watching too. I am wondering if there will be a couple of months a year when you can book a studio.
It actually does ease my frustration a bit as we often go after the Easter hoopla is over. It would be nice to know it's bookable without having to plan a major offensive!

Dirk

Old 05-22-2019, 11:11 AM   #97
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Aren't most rooms available around Easter because of the high point requirements and no Christmas decorations as opposed to the end of December? I'll admit that I don't check this very often, but I don't remember anyone having issues booking really anywhere at 11 months for Easter except maybe value and club level at AKV which seems to be a problem year-round.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:45 AM   #98
Ransom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
It actually does ease my frustration a bit as we often go after the Easter hoopla is over. It would be nice to know it's bookable without having to plan a major offensive!
Same here. Fingers crossed next time it'll be easy for both of us!
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:13 AM   #99
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Well, phooey. Studios are back to being tight to gone at CCV at 11 months - full bath/tub is gone but walk-in shower has availability right this minute, though the day before is booked meaning demand is likely to be tight.

1BRs have pretty wide availability from March through the end of the window.

I wonder if people are walking studios for Mother's Day? Or if there was just a nice little lull after spring break and now it's kicking back up again?

Seems like you've really gotta grab a studio the second the window opens.

Dirk