home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-15-2019, 06:10 AM   #91
Eeyorelover22
Two Bedroom

I was annoyed by this as well...oh well. I love the low points, but I love the location more as it puts me at the front of Jambo.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 11:18 AM   #92
littlelulu01
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
I was annoyed by this as well...oh well. I love the low points, but I love the location more as it puts me at the front of Jambo.
Location of value rooms is what I like best too. I will say that our recent stay in standard was a close 2nd for location. I requested close to lobby and bus over early check in and got a room near elevator and not much further a walk to lobby so I was satisfied. I think their removal for resort refurb is legit. I had a distrust of the whole dvc program with the point reallocation thing but have gone back to thinking dvc is overall a great way to save on vacations. Value rooms are the almost unattainable but itís fun to try and occasionally get. We rarely sit on our balcony so standard along with ap discount... is a great value for us compared to most other options.
littlelulu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 11:44 AM   #93
SPLzero
Studio

The resort refurbishment has already started. They have put black tarps up on level 4 and 5 of the kudu trail part of the lobby. You can also hear construction when on the Arusha overlook.
SPLzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:02 PM   #94
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Enjoyed a AK-J value studio May 5-13 - had to wait until 5PM for the room but it was a very nice Savannah view plus being a dedicated studio. All the dishware was real plates and cups. Nice Time.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:06 AM   #95
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

The issue is called "Walking". Simply put, high value locations and rooms are being booked by people that no intention of using that room/location for that night but for a future night.....or they did wan that night and had been walking it for several days to ensure they got that night.

Walking a reservation should be illegal and very easy for Disney to fix. Simply make a full reservation be canceled and rebooked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
Did not wanted this to bury into old thread. So here it goes..

I wrote to MS about value availability, got the std answer too few rooms so books fast.

Sure was not satisfied with the answer, called today, std answer from CM not many rooms so books fast.

Asked for supervisor, std answer not many room so book fast.

Told her I am not happy with the answer as it does not matches with policies how come not a single room available at the tail end right at 8am, she put me on hold and said will be back after checking in the back.

So answer was resort has not released the room for booking, for possible refurbishment.

How come no notification, no answer.

Why room was taken out in Dec, no answer.

Did not Jambo had refurbishment done couple yrs back? No answer.

Just my rant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mom View Post
I actually wrote an email to DVC today specifically mentioning this value issue. I said it is super concerning even to a non AKL owner because it may creep to other resorts as well. What is going on and why won't DVC address it? I check every day and not a single room has been available at even 6 days ahead. The entire inventory was pulled with no explanation. I'd be livid if I had planned to book one of those rooms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
i just sent an email via the site.

regarding trying to book by cash, has anyone tried this? i tried a couple of dates and no value villas available there either...probably because they are rented by third parties, disney pulls inventory and gives this cheapo inventory to hotel.com and such. there will be no value availability anywhere i'm thinking. third parties probably don't advertise as value, just a room, one bedroom, two bedroom...maybe in a bid format, e.g., priceline. this bargain third-party inventory has to come from somewhere...why not dvc owners?

i think they well aware and are protecting their own cash bookings, getting more third-party bookings, as well as screwing akv owners backwards and forward.

interesting that being able to book cash and not dvc would be the only way to prove disney pulling inventory...when they know one never can book a value unit anywhere.

where is the fiduciary responsibility to owners.

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:22 AM   #96
SPLzero
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post
The issue is called "Walking". Simply put, high value locations and rooms are being booked by people that no intention of using that room/location for that night but for a future night.....or they did wan that night and had been walking it for several days to ensure they got that night.

Walking a reservation should be illegal and very easy for Disney to fix. Simply make a full reservation be canceled and rebooked...
The issue was not walking for this particulars situation. Disney took all the value rooms out of inventor starting the beginning of December. The 11 month +7 day would be greyed out before 8am.
SPLzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:58 AM   #97
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post

Illegal?

Anyway, as mentioned walking was not the issue.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:40 AM   #98
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

The issue could be easily resolved if people would just forget that the value rooms exist. Then they wouldn't stress out over them.
Ain't gonna happen, I know.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 10:48 AM   #99
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
The issue could be easily resolved if people would just forget that the value rooms exist. Then they wouldn't stress out over them.
Ain't gonna happen, I know.
i've done that...works for my spec rentals.

sure am glad they finally got the tarps up there was no booking in dec and early jan because of the "remodeling" underway.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:05 PM   #100
FessParker1
Grand Villa

We will be there the second week in December. I will be taking a walk by and checking on the construction!!!