home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-07-2015, 04:05 PM   #21
carrie_tim
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Thanks for this great info. Crossing my fingers are Resale gets thru ROFR and the rest of the process before the 7 month mark....
carrie_tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:31 PM   #22
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie_tim View Post
Thanks for this great info. Crossing my fingers are Resale gets thru ROFR and the rest of the process before the 7 month mark....
Crossing my fingers for ya too!!!

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV&SSR / Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / May 9-13, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection
Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:42 PM   #23
elleny76
One Bedroom

What day are you expecting to hear from ROFR? Good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie_tim View Post
elleny76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:55 PM   #24
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Here's one I've been wondering about-what do you think might be the chances of getting a 1 BR at BCV for marathon weekend in January at the 7 month mark? I've heard that's a busy weekend, especially for the Epcot resorts. We are currently booked at OKW, but are thinking of trying to switch to BCV at 7 months because I hear BCV is closer for spectators.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:43 PM   #25
jmark
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Here's one I've been wondering about-what do you think might be the chances of getting a 1 BR at BCV for marathon weekend in January at the 7 month mark? I've heard that's a busy weekend, especially for the Epcot resorts. We are currently booked at OKW, but are thinking of trying to switch to BCV at 7 months because I hear BCV is closer for spectators.
Unfortunately, studios go fast at most of the resorts for marathon weekend. You are going to need to hope for a cancellation or hope someone at BCV decides to switch at the 7 month mark. For the most part all studios at WDW became unavailable prior to the 7 month mark except Kidani (Savannah view only), OKW, SSR, and PVB.

BCV studios for marathon weekend were booked at the 8 month mark. AKV value studios, BLT standard, BWV (Boardwalk View and Standard View) and Grand Floridian (both studio and lake view) were unavailable shortly after the 11 month mark opened. The others booked 10-8 months out. Hopefully, you can get lucky with a cancellation.
jmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:47 PM   #26
robbob80
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Maybe a stupid question

Hi I am new maybe posting in the wrong place if so i apologize in advance. We are currently in our ROFR on a DVC at BLT and was hoping once everything goes through to book a vacation for BLT our Home Resort for a check-in date of 10/27/16 checking out on 11/7/16. I know we can nook 11 months in advance but is that 11 months from the day of check in like i can book 9/27/15 or is it 11 months in general so i can book 9/1/15. Lastly can I try at midnight like fast passes or is it 6am like Dinning or is it some other time. Sorry for the long winded post just want to have my ducks in a row. Thanks in advanced
robbob80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:46 PM   #27
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbob80 View Post
Hi I am new maybe posting in the wrong place if so i apologize in advance. We are currently in our ROFR on a DVC at BLT and was hoping once everything goes through to book a vacation for BLT our Home Resort for a check-in date of 10/27/16 checking out on 11/7/16. I know we can nook 11 months in advance but is that 11 months from the day of check in like i can book 9/27/15 or is it 11 months in general so i can book 9/1/15. Lastly can I try at midnight like fast passes or is it 6am like Dinning or is it some other time. Sorry for the long winded post just want to have my ducks in a row. Thanks in advanced
11 months exact from check in date and in your case it's actually 11/27/15...13 months would be 9/27/15. Congrats on the BLT buy and good luck with ROFR! And welcome to the MO!!!!

Oh, and you can call member services to make resie at 9am or book online at 8am.

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV&SSR / Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / May 9-13, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection

Last edited by Lamima; 06-10-2015 at 02:51 PM.
Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:31 PM   #28
Wilderness917

This is great!!! Brand new to all of this and have not yet gotten to make a ressie or view the online tools yet. I've been wondering/stressing about the avail of 2 studios at the VWL when we go next year. Looks like it may not be too much an issue (hopefully). Thanks!
Old 06-11-2015, 05:12 PM   #29
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmark View Post
BCV studios for marathon weekend were booked at the 8 month mark. Hopefully, you can get lucky with a cancellation.
Sure enough, we had to waitlist. At exactly 7 months out, we were in Yellowstone NP with no internet (no "free wi-fi" there). I just kind of hate to hope that someone gets injured and has to cancel so that I can get their room. Meanwhile, we'll plan on OKW.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:17 PM   #30
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Actually it's not easy to get *any* DVC studio for Marathon weekend. As of today ( just a smidgeon past 7 months) the only place you can get a studio for Jan 6-10 is SSR. Anyplace else you're looking at a waitlist.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote