home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-07-2019, 07:00 PM   #11
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by paige View Post
Just so I know for future reference.... If you go in to modify and the room happens to be gone before you hit the button will it keep your original reservation? Does anybody know?
Yes, if you go through and look but do not confirm or anything, your reservation remains unchanged. At least in my limited experience
Old 01-07-2019, 07:26 PM   #12
Quellman
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead58 View Post
I guess I should have walked mine. There was no CCV studio availability 3 seconds after 8 AM.
Try again tomorrow and then wait list that single day. Good luck!
2002 DLHotel, 2010 SSR, 2011 SSR, 2012 DCL Magic, DLParis, BLT, 2013 VB, 2014 DCl Fantasy, BLT 2015 POP, BLT 2016 DCL Dream B2B, BLT 2017 PVB, DCL Fantasy(B2B), YC, BLT 2018 DCL Dream, POFQ, BLT
Quellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:02 PM   #13
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Just so I know for future reference.... If you go in to modify and the room happens to be gone before you hit the button will it keep your original reservation? Does anybody know?
i don't think there will be any problem like this. you are MODIFYING existing reservation. it checks to see if your dates are available and then you submit modification. it is not a cancel, then book...a true modification.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:07 PM   #14
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
I recently walked a BWV standard view studio for the first week in December 2019 and when you choose to modify a reservation there are several pages where you need to confirm reservation details and then the final confirmation (where you check the box for terms, etc.). If you don't make it through all of those steps, it will not modify or change the original reservation.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:10 PM   #15
brp
Add-on Aficionado

So, one thing that is supposed to happen for HGVC (and it's currently broken) is that if, for any of the days you currently hold, your reservation is the only availability for the day, it will not let you do an add-on modify as it indicates that there is no availability for that day, i.e. it doesn't take into account the one you have as you try to build the reservation.

Does DVC work better at counting that as availability for building?

Cheers.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:52 PM   #16
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
So, one thing that is supposed to happen for HGVC (and it's currently broken) is that if, for any of the days you currently hold, your reservation is the only availability for the day, it will not let you do an add-on modify as it indicates that there is no availability for that day, i.e. it doesn't take into account the one you have as you try to build the reservation.

Does DVC work better at counting that as availability for building?

Cheers.
Is the HGVC booking system set up like the DVC system where you can modify reservations online? It sounds like with HGVC you have to release the reservation first in order to be able to modify. But does HGVC also allow waitlists that automatically fill? Sorry, I know nothing about HGVC.

As for the DVC online booking system, your existing reservation shows as available (only to you) when you are attempting to make modifications.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:33 AM   #17
Redhead58
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quellman View Post
Try again tomorrow and then wait list that single day. Good luck!
Thanks, will probably try that too. And it is my home resort at 11 month date! Studios are just too popular!

BLT
BWV
CCV
Redhead58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:10 AM   #18
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

remember that the latest walk you can take is (at 8:00 for me) the last night you're staying.

e.g., on morning of the 7th, walk 12/1-8 reservation to 12/7-15.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:31 AM   #19
EAR
One Bedroom

I have never walked. I think I may for an upcoming reservation.
Can you do so online if itís with borrowed points?? Just go on every day cancel one night and add on at the end? Not sure if borrowed points makes a difference. Thx
EAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 04:39 PM   #20
kaedeesmom
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAR View Post
I have never walked. I think I may for an upcoming reservation.
Can you do so online if itís with borrowed points?? Just go on every day cancel one night and add on at the end? Not sure if borrowed points makes a difference. Thx
I have not walked, either, but my understanding is that borrowed points act like current year's points for online booking and the answer is yes, you can walk with borrowed points.

One-time use points and transferred points, on the other hand, cannot be used online, so you would not be able to walk online with those.