home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-08-2019, 10:49 PM   #11
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLzero View Post
That's assuming they are renting them out. Maybe they are using the small category to test out something before they decided to pull the trigger on a larger scale.
I am actually noticing on larger scale on low point rooms across all resorts. I did some search this afternoon and came to this conclusion. No way in January you will be missing at 11 month window.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:58 PM   #12
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

I wonder if this is Disney's response to not reallocating the points. Just get rid of the rooms, so everyone has to book up a category.

Last edited by pooh bears mom; 02-08-2019 at 11:14 PM.
pooh bears mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:08 PM   #13
SPLzero
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
I wonder if thos is Disney's response to not reallocating the points. Just get rid of the rooms, so everyone has to book up a category.
The value rooms started before the reallocation.

It just don't get why if dvc was going to rent them cash why make it obvious and take 100% of the rooms. Even if they left 1 of each it would just look like walking.
SPLzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:44 PM   #14
ajc
Grand Villa

I was just at AKL and stayed at a value studio (and are booked for one in May- perks of AKL ownership).
The 5th whole floor (DVC floor) at the savannah facing rooms opposite the Ostrich wing are undergoing outside painting of the building and balcony.
I don't know if they are moving over to Ostrich and Giraffe wing as their next effort in que.
On the plus side, the Uzima pool renovation is complete and they only resurfaced the pool and retiled the outdoor spas so no restructuring occurred (my beloved flamboyance of flamingos are back in their permanent digs again).

Last edited by ajc; 02-09-2019 at 02:30 PM.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:47 PM   #15
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
I was just at AKL and stayed at a value studio (and are booked for one in May- perks of AKL ownership).
The 5th whole floor (DVC floor) at the savannah facing rooms opposite the Ostrich wing are undergoing outside painting of the building and balcony.
I don't know if they are moving over to Ostrich and Giraffe wing as their next effort in que.
On the plus side, the Uzima pool renovation is complete and they only resurfaced the pool and retiled the outdoor spas so no restructuring occurred (my beloved flamboyant of flamingos are back in their permanent digs again).
Did visited Jambo couple times in Jan but was dark so did not see any workers.

If any work will be done, they should inform the members.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:59 PM   #16
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
Did visited Jambo couple times in Jan but was dark so did not see any workers.

If any work will be done, they should inform the members.
I agree and did not get any notice prior to arrival; with value rooms it is the luck of the draw and we got parking lot view: I would have been annoyed if I got a savannah view of construction fencing, UGH!
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:35 AM   #17
Fergatron
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

And it just keeps going. I've been watching this value room situation since early December. My 11 month window for booking opens in one week. I never imagined that this would drag on and on like this! It's ridiculous!
Fergatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:25 AM   #18
SAMAYA
Studio

While we've managed to book the odd few nights in a value studio over the years we've not managed to find any for our dates over the last 2-years.

Never thought or needed to search all 11-months so just carried out a quick search and there's just 2 single nights available over the next 11-months, 7th Oct and 14th Nov which is a surprise.

Then checked across all room types from studios through to 3-beds for check in on 12th Jan for 7-nights.

All room types had all 7-nights showing as available except for the value studios, 1-bed's and 2-bed's where no nights were available.

Then checked those same 7-nights at all the other DVC resorts across all room types and apart from one, all had availability for all 7-nights.

The only one which didn't have full availability was at OKW in a 3-Bedroom Grand Villa – Near Hospitality House which had the first 6-nights booked, but as expected had the last night on the 18th Jan showing as being available, as that couldn't be booked yesterday.

Consequently, why isn't the night of the 18th Jan showing as being available this morning (before 8.00 am EST when it could be booked from) in any of the values at AKL? Can only presume they have been removed/blocked from the DVC booking system.

Also checked the other values over the next 11-months and a 2-bed lock-off only had the same two nights available as the value studio on the 7th Oct and 14th Nov.

Whereas the 1-bed values had over 64 available nights spread through to 30th Nov.
SAMAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:21 AM   #19
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
Just my rant

Thanks for keeping up on this issue and keeping us updated.

I did not think AKV is due for an renovation yet. Currently, OKW is finishing up and SSR will be starting soon.

This is a refurbishment summary from the DVC annual meeting.....

Six different DVC properties will either have complete or partial refurbishments between 2019 and 2022. This includes four resorts at Walt Disney World – Saratoga Springs, The Villas at Grand Floridian, The Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge and the Villas & Bungalows at the Polynesia Resort.

Old 02-12-2019, 06:32 AM   #20
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Thanks for keeping up on this issue and keeping us updated.

I did not think AKV is due for an renovation yet. Currently, OKW is finishing up and SSR will be starting soon.

This is a refurbishment summary from the DVC annual meeting.....

Six different DVC properties will either have complete or partial refurbishments between 2019 and 2022. This includes four resorts at Walt Disney World – Saratoga Springs, The Villas at Grand Floridian, The Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge and the Villas & Bungalows at the Polynesia Resort.

There’s a discussion over on WDWMagic about this possible “refurbishment” at AKL. I think someone was told it was happening towards the end of the year. But no hint as to whether it’s DVC, non- DVC or all rooms.

No one seems to know what’s going on. :
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote