home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-12-2019, 06:37 AM   #21
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
There’s a discussion over on WDWMagic about this possible “refurbishment” at AKL. I think someone was told it was happening towards the end of the year. But no hint as to whether it’s DVC, non- DVC or all rooms.

No one seems to know what’s going on. :

At the DVC annual meeting, the refurbishemnt schedule was specifically addressed for the next three years. Animal Kingdom was not on the list and is too new for a refurb that requires closure.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:47 AM   #22
SPLzero
Studio

Member service said they spoke with executive leadership and they said they are doing refer on these units and they are working on getting a notification on the dvc website. Im not sure how true that is.

Im thinking maybe since the value rooms also have hotel rooms in both hallways maybe they are doing something they need to close the entire wing down for?
SPLzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:27 AM   #23
grayandry
Grand Villa

Weird. I feel as if we have always been able to get a value reservation at the 11 month window whenever we’ve tried. In fact, we booked a 2- bedroom value for the first time for the day after Thanksgiving.
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:47 AM   #24
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
At the DVC annual meeting, the refurbishemnt schedule was specifically addressed for the next three years. Animal Kingdom was not on the list and is too new for a refurb that requires closure.
Which would point to this apparent refurb being only the non-DVC rooms. But I thought those had been done recently too. In fact, last year whilst the pool was being done at least some rooms were done IIRC.

Either way, there ‘s definitely some confusion around this, with the AKL CMs and DVC Member Services both saying the same thing, albeit not specifying which rooms are involved.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:16 AM   #25
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
My feeling is they (MS) are giving lousy excuse of refurbishment to shut up members.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break

Last edited by disney65; 02-12-2019 at 09:38 AM.
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:18 AM   #26
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
My feeling is they (MS) are giving losy excuse of refurbishment to shut up members.
yep, and i don't believe it. told cm caller yesterday this too.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:45 AM   #27
littlelulu01
One Bedroom

This morning they have December 1st available. I think the issue started in December 3rd?

We stayed in a value savanna view in January. It was newly refurbished. Had the new carpet, sofa, bed... they are in great condition. They were power washing the outside perhaps in preparation for painting but this had no effect on our stay. Still had plenty of animals to see. I highly doubt these rooms are in need of a refurbish. Everything was in great working order.

I can’t help but wonder if somehow the unavailability is tied to the mass availability noticed a while back. It was within the 7 month window that a flood of values was released. People suspected it was a computer glitch. It was more than one room too. I grabbed a week and immediately checked and my dates were still available. This might happen more than we know. If they even had one room in the system people would attribute to walking. It’s obvious there’s no rooms in the system but I suspect sometime they will be released- like what happened a while back. The frustrating thing is that akv owners like to at least try for the values at 11 months. If released after 7 month window there’s no home resort advantage.

I’d like to think I’m not competing with Disney for the values. If I lose out on a fair playing field that’s ok. It would be pretty rotten if I never even had a chance on an 8 point room because they were pulling them to offload to discount Priceline bids. It certainly doesn’t seem right that they do come up on Disney site on a cash rate when they’re almost never available for dvc. Retaining 2% ownership of inventory is a known. If they use the 2% to block owners out of any hopes of value studios that’s messed up. If that’s what is happening it would be easiest to see in value category.

Last edited by littlelulu01; 02-12-2019 at 10:03 AM.
littlelulu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:50 AM   #28
SPLzero
Studio

Let's hope that if the do release the rooms in the 7 month window that our wait-lists in the 11 month window will grab them.

I don't want to assume they are holding these for cash reservations with 0 proof. If a value view pops up for cash for mid December than my tune will change.
SPLzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:02 AM   #29
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLzero View Post
Let's hope that if the do release the rooms in the 7 month window that our wait-lists in the 11 month window will grab them.

I don't want to assume they are holding these for cash reservations with 0 proof. If a value view pops up for cash for mid December than my tune will change.
I have a screenshot from Disney world.com of just that.
Value 1 bedroom. 12/1-12/8. $700 per night plus tax
I don’t know how to share image or I would post

And aren’t all the Value villas on the 5th floor? And I recall having a Value and savanna room close to each other on the same hall.
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:04 AM   #30
Nickys
Grand Villa

I do remember seeing reports that someone had apparently booked a value room through Priceline.

But I have also seen several more saying that although they thought they were getting a Jambo room through Priceline, when they linked it to MDE it showed up as Kidani. The last I read, Priceline were meant to be trying to sort it out with Disney. There was certainly a massive kerfuffle over it.

So at the moment, I’m not aware of any confirmed reports that someone actually has a Value villa booked via Priceline and showing up as such on MDE.

Maybe Priceline are misinformed or mis-representing the actual rooms (and even building) they actually have?
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote