home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: I am interested in purchasing $X of 10% discount Disney Gift cards from BJ's
$1000 29 25.00%
$2000 27 23.28%
$3000 19 16.38%
$4000 5 4.31%
$5000 18 15.52%
$6000 5 4.31%
$7000 2 1.72%
$8000 1 0.86%
$9000 0 0%
$10000 3 2.59%
$11000 0 0%
$12000 0 0%
$13000 1 0.86%
$14000 0 0%
$15000 6 5.17%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2019, 09:21 AM   #21
zafiro
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbread4 View Post
zafiro is working on negotiating a deal with BJ's for a ~10% discount on Disney gift card purchases over in this thread:
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110166

There's something like ~$100k-$200k of commitments to help with the volume discount, but scrolling through pages of responses to add them up as more chime in is likely time consuming. So- to help, respond to this poll with your desired purchase amount. It will be a lot easier to sum-product the counts for this poll result. Hope this helps.
Hi! Thanks again for doing this! I'm still working on this, and will soon have (I hope) some good news for many. Can you add to this or start a new poll that asks specifically about those needing e-cards (or e-certificates)? Our European and other non-US friends can't get physical cards sent to them and need this option. It is a significant piece to my negotiation puzzle at this time.
zafiro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:14 PM   #22
cornbread4
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafiro View Post
Hi! Thanks again for doing this! I'm still working on this, and will soon have (I hope) some good news for many. Can you add to this or start a new poll that asks specifically about those needing e-cards (or e-certificates)? Our European and other non-US friends can't get physical cards sent to them and need this option. It is a significant piece to my negotiation puzzle at this time.
Glad to help. BTW, poll total is up to $371k from 96 responses.

I don't think I can add a second question to this poll, so we'll need a new one. Ahead of drafting it, I have a few questions to help make sure it captures the right info for you:
- Do you just need the number of folks interested in physical cards vs ecards/ecerts? Or do you need the $ amount desired for each type?
- Is there a preference for one vs the other for your negotiations? e.g. is one more attractive to offer for BJ's?
- Beyond the "no physical cards for non-US", are there any limitations on one option or the other that we should share in the poll to help folks make their selection?
cornbread4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 04:32 AM   #23
Br'er Bear
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbread4 View Post
Glad to help. BTW, poll total is up to $371k from 96 responses.

I don't think I can add a second question to this poll, so we'll need a new one. Ahead of drafting it, I have a few questions to help make sure it captures the right info for you:
- Do you just need the number of folks interested in physical cards vs ecards/ecerts? Or do you need the $ amount desired for each type?
- Is there a preference for one vs the other for your negotiations? e.g. is one more attractive to offer for BJ's?
- Beyond the "no physical cards for non-US", are there any limitations on one option or the other that we should share in the poll to help folks make their selection?
Hi cornbread4,

Hope you don't mind me adding the following, I'm from one of the oversea's websites for DVC Members and was going to post a poll for those who would be interested in buying a Disney egift. I've already posted a thread on a UK website and so far the the feedback has amounted to around $16,000.

I did try posting a poll on MouseOwners yesterday but couldn't work it out, so it might be the OP system I'm using or more possibly my age and was going to add the following....

This poll is for any International DVC member who's interested in purchasing Disney's e-gift cards via email at a discount of around 5% plus.

Whether you're from the UK, Europe, Asia or further afield you might soon be able to purchase a Disney egift card online at a discount and have it delivered directly to your email address.

MouseOwner member zafiro has been negotiating with a few major sellers of Disney gift cards so to receive a discount on volume sales, and there's a possibility that the more we collectively purchase then the higher the discount.

Opening this up to all DVC members might push the discount up, so if you're an International member then please let us know how much in e-gifts you would be interested in purchasing over a 12-month period, bear in mind this is not just for paying your annual dues as you can use the egifts towards almost anything at WDW including restaurant tips and at Disney Cruise Line

And for those International members who've not yet experienced Disney's e-gift then check them out at...
https://www.shopdisney.com/disney-gi...-egift-1417611

So I will leave the poll for you to set up cornbread4 and many thanks.
Br'er Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 09:04 PM   #24
cornbread4
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
Hi cornbread4,

Hope you don't mind me adding the following, I'm from one of the oversea's websites for DVC Members and was going to post a poll for those who would be interested in buying a Disney egift. I've already posted a thread on a UK website and so far the the feedback has amounted to around $16,000.

I did try posting a poll on MouseOwners yesterday but couldn't work it out, so it might be the OP system I'm using or more possibly my age and was going to add the following....

This poll is for any International DVC member who's interested in purchasing Disney's e-gift cards via email at a discount of around 5% plus.

Whether you're from the UK, Europe, Asia or further afield you might soon be able to purchase a Disney egift card online at a discount and have it delivered directly to your email address.

MouseOwner member zafiro has been negotiating with a few major sellers of Disney gift cards so to receive a discount on volume sales, and there's a possibility that the more we collectively purchase then the higher the discount.

Opening this up to all DVC members might push the discount up, so if you're an International member then please let us know how much in e-gifts you would be interested in purchasing over a 12-month period, bear in mind this is not just for paying your annual dues as you can use the egifts towards almost anything at WDW including restaurant tips and at Disney Cruise Line

And for those International members who've not yet experienced Disney's e-gift then check them out at...
https://www.shopdisney.com/disney-gi...-egift-1417611

So I will leave the poll for you to set up cornbread4 and many thanks.
No worries at all- glad for the extra feedback. I'll hold off until we have some final details from zafiro and then we can get a new poll up. Based on the latest from the other thread, this may be a longer term negotiating effort. But MF's aren't going anywhere- I'm sure many of us can hold off most of our purchases until a final deal is locked up.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:14 PM   #25
beercity
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Would need to be more than 13%. I get 10% back in MPerks at Meijer plus CC points on gift cards. So it would need to be worth the hassle to buy somewhere else.
beercity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 02:16 PM   #26
debabe
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by beercity View Post
Would need to be more than 13%. I get 10% back in MPerks at Meijer plus CC points on gift cards. So it would need to be worth the hassle to buy somewhere else.
What is Meijer???

debabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 05:57 PM   #27
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by debabe View Post
What is Meijer???
A supermarket

Where I'm Going 2019:

Friday, 01/18/19 - Monday, 01/21/19 - Offsite (Hyatt Regency Orange County)
Friday, 02/08/19 - Sunday, 02/10/19 - VGC
Sunday, 06/30/19 - Friday, 07/12/19 - HHI
Friday, 08/30/19 - Monday, 09/02/2019 - VGC
Friday, 09/27/19 - Tuesday, 10/01/2019 - VGC
Friday, 10/11/19 - Monday, 10/14/2019 - VGC
Friday, 10/25/19 - Wednesday, 10/30/2019 - VGF
Wednesday, 10/30/2019 - Monday, 11/04/2019 - BWV (Running 2nd 10K w/BFF - 11/02/19)
Monday, 11/04/2019 - Saturday, 11/09/2019 - BWV
Friday, 12/20/19 - Tuesday, 12/24/2019 - VGC

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 01:38 PM   #28
cornbread4
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by beercity View Post
is that 10% rewards on all purchases? Just gift cards? or is that a combo Meijer credit card plus mrewards thing? wondering whether that would tie with a supermarket reward offer from another card. I didn't realize Meijer had such high reward amounts.