home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-28-2019, 08:21 AM   #1
moseskoko
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Unavailable before the window opened?

Hello, Perhaps I'm not understanding it correctly but it appears that a room (AKL Value) was not available before the booking window opened up. How is this possible? Maybe I'm not understanding the booking window timeframe, although it is on the DVC site, was told to me by a rep the other day and was also explained to me by MS a few weeks back.

Thanks,

John
moseskoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:28 AM   #2
Orion54
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by moseskoko View Post
Hello, Perhaps I'm not understanding it correctly but it appears that a room (AKL Value) was not available before the booking window opened up. How is this possible? Maybe I'm not understanding the booking window timeframe, although it is on the DVC site, was told to me by a rep the other day and was also explained to me by MS a few weeks back.

Thanks,

John
From the RAT page it says that many AKV rooms are being refurbished. At least that's what I say last week when I was looking for rooms for a short stay in the Fall/Winter.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:33 AM   #3
disneymomof2
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion54 View Post
From the RAT page it says that many AKV rooms are being refurbished. At least that's what I say last week when I was looking for rooms for a short stay in the Fall/Winter.
The RAT has a note stating that specifically value rooms are unavailable for December/January due to construction.

ME DH DS21 DD18
disneymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:38 AM   #4
moseskoko

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof2 View Post
The RAT has a note stating that specifically value rooms are unavailable for December/January due to construction.
I saw this too but the booking was for March 2020 so it shouldn't be impacted by that construction unless they extended the construction window.

Thanks,

John
Old 04-28-2019, 08:49 AM   #5
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

i truly believe dvc has taken over value villas to do with what they chose, whenever.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:55 AM   #6
moseskoko

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
i truly believe dvc has taken over value villas to do with what they chose, whenever.
Hello. It almost seems that way. The ironic part is that I actually plan to stay in a Savannah View Studio but wanted to book the Value in case the Savannah was booked. I'm in the process of closing a Resale and won't have enough points for another few weeks. I was going to switch from the Value to Savannah if available or live with the Value is the Savannah was not available for my timeframe. Guess I'll just have to wait the few weeks and see how it plays out.

I am going to call MS again and see if I can get an explanation.

Thanks,

John
Old 04-28-2019, 09:15 AM   #7
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

It is possible that the rooms are already reserved by members who are starting their vacations before you. At the 11 month window, one can reserve up to 7 nights, beginning with the day of check-in. It wouldn't surprise me if this was the case because March is a busy time as many schools & colleges schedule breaks in March.

Since value rooms are very popular and there is a very small number of them, many members "walk" reservations to ensure ending up with the dates they prefer. It is very possible that members are walking reservations for the Easter weeks.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 09:31 AM   #8
MMC1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
And my thoughts are even more sinister...what if DVC “cashed” out value rooms to attract new customer guests and then gave them the nicest view rooms upon checkin for upgrade if they took the tour! Good thing I am not in sales....
Considering my luck with getting the room with no view so keep drapes closed view, I am just being suspicious and not sinister.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:00 AM   #9
grayandry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by moseskoko View Post

Thanks,

John
I think it just depends on when you are going, if people started a booking a day or 2 ahead of you, if they are being refurbished, etc. I booked a value 2 bedroom for November 29-30 back at the 11 month window opening and got right in. I think because of the limited number of value rooms available, it’s a hit or miss.
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:24 AM   #10
Joeli
Two Bedroom

What time do you need to be online at the 7 month window to have the best odds? What screen should you be at, for that time to have the best odds? Suggestions about multiple computers, or iPads that may increase your odds?

Upcoming:
Sept 2020 - DCL Fantasy
May 2020 - PVB
Apr 2020 - PVB
Mar 2020 - PVB
Feb 2020 - BWV
Dec/Jan 2020 - PVB/BWV (Split for NYE)
Dec 2019 - RCCL Allure of the Seas
Nov 2019 - BWV
Oct 2019 - BWV
Sept 2019 - BLT

Done:
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan, BWV
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote