home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-28-2019, 10:37 AM   #11
moseskoko
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
It is possible that the rooms are already reserved by members who are starting their vacations before you. At the 11 month window, one can reserve up to 7 nights, beginning with the day of check-in. It wouldn't surprise me if this was the case because March is a busy time as many schools & colleges schedule breaks in March.

Since value rooms are very popular and there is a very small number of them, many members "walk" reservations to ensure ending up with the dates they prefer. It is very possible that members are walking reservations for the Easter weeks.
Hello Carol. I was online 15 minutes to the window opening and refreshing every minute. It was never available. I even tried multiple options of nights but they all had the same issue, the Saturday (which was the first day it opened) was not or never available. When I spoke to MS they basically stated that the most likely scenario was that members walked the reservation. I'm not of fan of walking a reservation but if I keep missing out on bookings and the fact that Disney allows it, I may have to use that strategy in the future.

Thanks for everyone's thought on this.

John
moseskoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:56 AM   #12
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeli View Post
What time do you need to be online at the 7 month window to have the best odds? What screen should you be at, for that time to have the best odds? Suggestions about multiple computers, or iPads that may increase your odds?
Booking opens at 8am eastern for both 11 month and 7 month windows.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:00 AM   #13
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by moseskoko View Post
Hello, Perhaps I'm not understanding it correctly but it appears that a room (AKL Value) was not available before the booking window opened up. How is this possible? Maybe I'm not understanding the booking window timeframe, although it is on the DVC site, was told to me by a rep the other day and was also explained to me by MS a few weeks back.

Thanks,

John
Because people can book up to 7 days from check in it's possible that people checking in before you have booked them all. There aren't that many. You can continue to try, there may be people walking. Or book the Savannah view for the nights you have enough points for and add the remaining nights later. Or standard view. Value room as a "backup" is a tough backup to book.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:22 AM   #14
moseskoko
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Because people can book up to 7 days from check in it's possible that people checking in before you have booked them all. There aren't that many. You can continue to try, there may be people walking. Or book the Savannah view for the nights you have enough points for and add the remaining nights later. Or standard view. Value room as a "backup" is a tough backup to book.
Hello. We decided to book what we can with a Standard view and then will try to make the switch to Savannah and add a night when I get the balance of my points, which I hope is less then 3 weeks away.

Thanks,

John
moseskoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 11:46 AM   #15
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

It's pretty much the same deal as finding no fastpasses available at 60 days for certain rides 5 days into your stay. In that case people with longer stays have already grabbed all of them. The details are different, but the same basic idea applies.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 12:48 PM   #16
starry_solo
Two Bedroom

Didn't someone else post this a few months ago? The value studios at AKV were there before reservations opened, but about half an hour ago before reservations opened, they disappeared?

Or maybe it was the other board?
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 02:18 PM   #17
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Hello Carol. I was online 15 minutes to the window opening and refreshing every minute. It was never available. I even tried multiple options of nights but they all had the same issue, the Saturday (which was the first day it opened) was not or never available. When I spoke to MS they basically stated that the most likely scenario was that members walked the reservation. I'm not of fan of walking a reservation but if I keep missing out on bookings and the fact that Disney allows it, I may have to use that strategy in the future.

Thanks for everyone's thought on this.

John
Walking is essential for hard to get rooms: Values at AKL, Studios at CCV, etc.

You absolutely should not have any difficulty booking at Savannah view room if AKL is your home resort. Those rarely fill up before even the 7 month window opens.

You will likely never get a value at 7 months, even walking.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 02:20 PM   #18
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
i truly believe dvc has taken over value villas to do with what they chose, whenever.
Quote:
Hello. It almost seems that way. The ironic part is that I actually plan to stay in a Savannah View Studio but wanted to book the Value in case the Savannah was booked. I'm in the process of closing a Resale and won't have enough points for another few weeks. I was going to switch from the Value to Savannah if available or live with the Value is the Savannah was not available for my timeframe. Guess I'll just have to wait the few weeks and see how it plays out.

I am going to call MS again and see if I can get an explanation.

Thanks,

John
I know people say this, but Disney isn'd doing anything they aren't allowed to do.

Values have always been extremely hard to book. With the increase in low-point contracts, meaning owners are relying moro on low-point value accommodations, it has become even harder.

I'm not going to say Disney won't day anything improper or by mistake, but the likeliest answer is greater demand for a small number of rooms.

Studios at CCV are also nearly impossible to book without using the 11 month window and walking.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 02:41 PM   #19
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I know people say this, but Disney isn'd doing anything they aren't allowed to do.

Values have always been extremely hard to book. With the increase in low-point contracts, meaning owners are relying moro on low-point value accommodations, it has become even harder.

I'm not going to say Disney won't day anything improper or by mistake, but the likeliest answer is greater demand for a small number of rooms.

Studios at CCV are also nearly impossible to book without using the 11 month window and walking.

Dirk
you're way too trusting. i was able to book december 2018 value studios on the first day of the owners window and had been able to do so for 10 years prior.

dvc is messin' with the values to their advantage and the detriment of owners. the refurb notice came way after they had done their thing with values for 2019 and early 2020...post hoc ridiculous explanation after many complaints.

then we had some "normal" availability, now they seem to have pulled values again. it's a joke.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 02:59 PM   #20
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
you're way too trusting. i was able to book december 2018 value studios on the first day of the owners window and had been able to do so for 10 years prior.

dvc is messin' with the values to their advantage and the detriment of owners. the refurb notice came way after they had done their thing with values for 2019 and early 2020...post hoc ridiculous explanation after many complaints.

then we had some "normal" availability, now they seem to have pulled values again. it's a joke.
Right now I just see the first day missing. It's booked by others, not completely out of commission like Dec-Jan. I agree that was poorly handled and I'm not convinced either that there isn't something else going on then.