home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-07-2019, 09:34 PM   #1
richviii
Two Bedroom

Default CCV Studio Availability

Still itching to buy CCV but even just looking at the 11-month window for next spring (the entire month of March 2020) and there is squat for availability compared to every other resort. I have read about issues with studios but it really concerns me. Thoughts?

Recent
2019 Jan - AKV, Apr - HHI, Apr - CCV, BCV, May - Off-Site 2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin, Apr - BCV, July - Disneyland, Sept - BLT, Nov - Swan & Dolphin, BLT 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:56 PM   #2
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

We bought some there and I will tell you my experience. I wanted a studio and a 2BR for Dec 18-21. I booked the studio for early Nov and began walking it. Then forgot to bump ahead for a couple days (while on a cruise the first week of January) and the availability got away from me so I had to cancel and try again. So for several mornings I woke up early and got online to try and grab a studio and could not. I ended up just booking a cabin for Dec 19-21. December is toughest at CCV though. Sept through race weekend in Jan is tough but I think Dec is THE toughest.

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV&SSR / Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / May 9-13, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection
Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:24 PM   #3
bradybunch
One Bedroom

I can share my experience. We just bought 150 CCV points. We already had 50 points so 200 total. Our new points went into our account the afternoon of our 11 month booking window for March. I was pretty devastated that Iíd just paid $$$ for direct points and couldnít book the 6 nights I wanted at 11 months exactly. I was trying to book 2 studios. I tried every morning for a week. I logged in at 7:30, refreshed at 8:00am exactly and each day that opened up disappeared instantly. I did manage to piece it together but it took a LOT of time. My 2 studios for 6 nights in March are currently booked with 7 reservations! I need to call MS. Iím assuming they can merge all those reservations together.
bradybunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:33 PM   #4
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

With DVC selling all those minimum contracts......what else is everyone going to book?
Old 05-07-2019, 11:25 PM   #5
bradybunch
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
With DVC selling all those minimum contracts......what else is everyone going to book?
What do you consider a small contract?

I do think the guides are deliberately misleading. We did a tour of CCV whilst staying at BRV this March. He tried to tell us that if we bought 100 points we could stay in a cabin for a week by banking and borrowing. I thought his numbers were off and of course when I looked at the points chart he was totally off! We knew it was BS but a newer member may be more trusting.
bradybunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:49 PM   #6
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

I think the alternate studio also makes studio booking more desirable at CCV. A friend of mine secured two studios for July in the 11 month window,
Old 05-08-2019, 05:06 AM   #7
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradybunch View Post
What do you consider a small contract?

I do think the guides are deliberately misleading. We did a tour of CCV whilst staying at BRV this March. He tried to tell us that if we bought 100 points we could stay in a cabin for a week by banking and borrowing. I thought his numbers were off and of course when I looked at the points chart he was totally off! We knew it was BS but a newer member may be more trusting.
The current minimum for new owners, which is 100 points.

When you look at the charts for CCV, those 100 points do not go far.
Look at September, the lowest point chart for the resort. This is for a one week stay Sat-Sat at CCV.

Studio 107 pts
1-Bedroom 204 pts
2-bedroom 269 pts
Grand Villa 688 pts
Cabin 639 pts

Last edited by tomandrobin; 05-08-2019 at 08:41 AM.
tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:51 AM   #8
richviii
Two Bedroom

This is helpful to read. I literally pulled up nearly every resort and Feb/March (even with spring break) at all resorts is almost all open. CCV is only spotty. I get new owners probably wanting to stay at Home Resort and I get December but man. We loved our stay there but...

Recent
2019 Jan - AKV, Apr - HHI, Apr - CCV, BCV, May - Off-Site 2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin, Apr - BCV, July - Disneyland, Sept - BLT, Nov - Swan & Dolphin, BLT 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:05 AM   #9
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
The current minimum for new owners, which is 100 points.

When you look at the charts for CCV, those 100 points do not go far.
Look at September, the lowest point chart for the resort. This is for a one week stay Sat-Sat at CCV.

Studio 107 pts
1-Bedroom 204 pts
2-bedroom 269 pts
Grand Villa 688 pts
Cabin 639 pts
Are you sure about the numbers for the 1BR? 1BR’s always cost more than studios...

Last edited by tomandrobin; 05-08-2019 at 08:42 AM.
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:09 AM   #10
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

buy brv instead...resale. much cheaper, much shorter commitment but still long enough to resell later, studios sleep 5, and availability is excellent at 11 months.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is online now   Reply With Quote