home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 05-08-2019, 07:42 AM   #11
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado
 
helenabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 10,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
buy brv instead...resale. much cheaper, much shorter commitment but still long enough to resell later, studios sleep 5, and availability is excellent at 11 months.
I have friends who own at BRV who do have issues at times around Christmas/NYE though. You need to be on it right at 8am for those they've said. Otherwise I haven't heard any real issues as a whole.
__________________
helenabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:01 AM   #12
capeokw56
Grand Villa
 
capeokw56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 1,058
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
buy brv instead...resale. much cheaper, much shorter commitment but still long enough to resell later, studios sleep 5, and availability is excellent at 11 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I have friends who own at BRV who do have issues at times around Christmas/NYE though. You need to be on it right at 8am for those they've said. Otherwise I haven't heard any real issues as a whole.
I was thinking along the same lines.. why not buy BRV? We haven't owned there very long, only since 2017 and currently in ROFR for another BRV contract. We have used our points for week in a studio for the second week of December at the 11 month mark with no trouble.
capeokw56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:43 AM   #13
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide
 
tomandrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 33,273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
I was thinking along the same lines.. why not buy BRV? We haven't owned there very long, only since 2017 and currently in ROFR for another BRV contract. We have used our points for week in a studio for the second week of December at the 11 month mark with no trouble.

As a bonus, DVC is not taking BRV contracts which is why their prices are falling.
__________________
Love, Faith and Pixie dust!
tomandrobin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:16 AM   #14
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,683
Default

Does anyone have the number of CCV studios (and the split) handy?

Also BRV?

BRV was never my cup of tea, we stayed there once and I did not prefer it, those long hallways messed with my perception.
But CCV is lighter and brighter and with all the resort enhancements it was much more to my style, especially for solo trips where I plan on hanging at the resort more, sitting in the lobby by the fire or find a quiet spot to read.

I knew studios would be tough with the cabins and the relatively small amount of studios and the lower point chart. PVB has the Bungalows but a large amount of studios and a high point chart.

I would not purchase CCV for studios unless it's a fixed week. Other than that, I would take my chances at 7 months with a 1 bdr or larger.
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:39 AM   #15
bradybunch
One Bedroom
 
bradybunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 371
Default

Isnít BRV due a complete renovation soon? It will be interesting to see what the new rooms look like.
bradybunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:45 AM   #16
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado
 
BWV Dreamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southern PA
Posts: 9,685
Default

When I purchased CCV I asked my guide if he could book a courtesy reservation for me with my previous years points. Because I was not a new member he would not. If availability is so tight after purchase they should extend the courtesy reservation to ALL members.
__________________
Hope

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:55 AM   #17
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide
 
tomandrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 33,273
Default

Quote:
BRV was never my cup of tea, we stayed there once and I did not prefer it, those long hallways messed with my perception.

We stayed at BRV and had our worse DVC/Disney stay ever. Part of the problem was the pools. Way too small and too many people. I literally had people constantly bumping on me and stepping on my feet. The other part of the problem was someone staying in a studio next to us with way too many kids in the room (occupancy limits please) and with the room over crowded, the parents let the kids play in the hall all day. So, we got no peace from the kids out in the hall every day. Which meant nap time was actually not. So because of the second issue, it left a negative impression on us for the resort which we have not over come yet.


Quote:
I would not purchase CCV for studios unless it's a fixed week. Other than that, I would take my chances at 7 months with a 1 bdr or larger.
I have mentioned this several times, starting with Hope when she was thinking about buying her fixed CCV week.......The CCV fixed week is actually a decent deal and with 11 month availability being an issue, makes the deal twice as good!
__________________
Love, Faith and Pixie dust!
tomandrobin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:14 AM   #18
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradybunch View Post
Isnít BRV due a complete renovation soon? It will be interesting to see what the new rooms look like.
Iím not sure. It seems like we just had a refurb? Maybe Goofygrl will know. Sheís usually a reliable source for that kind of info.
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!) (DSGF, Heather)
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:21 AM   #19
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,643
Default

DVCQUEEN and Hope were super smart to purchase those CCV fixed weeks! If I wanted a studio at CCV, that would be the only way I would purchase. We actually tossed the idea around, and came close to pulling the trigger. The deciding factor for me is that we truly prefer 1BRís, so a fixed week studio wasnít going to be the best fit.
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!) (DSGF, Heather)
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:26 AM   #20
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado
 
cmrdgrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 12 Grimmauld Pl
Posts: 7,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
Does anyone have the number of CCV studios (and the split) handy?

Also BRV?

BRV was never my cup of tea, we stayed there once and I did not prefer it, those long hallways messed with my perception.
But CCV is lighter and brighter and with all the resort enhancements it was much more to my style, especially for solo trips where I plan on hanging at the resort more, sitting in the lobby by the fire or find a quiet spot to read.

I knew studios would be tough with the cabins and the relatively small amount of studios and the lower point chart. PVB has the Bungalows but a large amount of studios and a high point chart.

I would not purchase CCV for studios unless it's a fixed week. Other than that, I would take my chances at 7 months with a 1 bdr or larger.
Does this ==> Room Chart give you what your looking for?
__________________
Carolyn


Where I'm Going 2019:

Friday, 01/18/19 - Monday, 01/21/19 - Offsite (Hyatt Regency Orange County)
Friday, 02/08/19 - Sunday, 02/10/19 - VGC
Sunday, 06/30/19 - Friday, 07/12/19 - HHI
Friday, 08/30/19 - Monday, 09/02/2019 - VGC
Friday, 09/27/19 - Tuesday, 10/01/2019 - VGC
Friday, 10/11/19 - Monday, 10/14/2019 - VGC
Friday, 10/25/19 - Wednesday, 10/30/2019 - VGF
Wednesday, 10/30/2019 - Monday, 11/04/2019 - BWV (Running 2nd 10K w/BFF - 11/02/19)
Monday, 11/04/2019 - Saturday, 11/09/2019 - BWV
Friday, 12/20/19 - Tuesday, 12/24/2019 - VGC


cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 PM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software