home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-08-2019, 07:42 AM   #11
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
buy brv instead...resale. much cheaper, much shorter commitment but still long enough to resell later, studios sleep 5, and availability is excellent at 11 months.
I have friends who own at BRV who do have issues at times around Christmas/NYE though. You need to be on it right at 8am for those they've said. Otherwise I haven't heard any real issues as a whole.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:01 AM   #12
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
buy brv instead...resale. much cheaper, much shorter commitment but still long enough to resell later, studios sleep 5, and availability is excellent at 11 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I have friends who own at BRV who do have issues at times around Christmas/NYE though. You need to be on it right at 8am for those they've said. Otherwise I haven't heard any real issues as a whole.
I was thinking along the same lines.. why not buy BRV? We haven't owned there very long, only since 2017 and currently in ROFR for another BRV contract. We have used our points for week in a studio for the second week of December at the 11 month mark with no trouble.
capeokw56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:43 AM   #13
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
I was thinking along the same lines.. why not buy BRV? We haven't owned there very long, only since 2017 and currently in ROFR for another BRV contract. We have used our points for week in a studio for the second week of December at the 11 month mark with no trouble.

As a bonus, DVC is not taking BRV contracts which is why their prices are falling.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:16 AM   #14
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Does anyone have the number of CCV studios (and the split) handy?

Also BRV?

BRV was never my cup of tea, we stayed there once and I did not prefer it, those long hallways messed with my perception.
But CCV is lighter and brighter and with all the resort enhancements it was much more to my style, especially for solo trips where I plan on hanging at the resort more, sitting in the lobby by the fire or find a quiet spot to read.

I knew studios would be tough with the cabins and the relatively small amount of studios and the lower point chart. PVB has the Bungalows but a large amount of studios and a high point chart.

I would not purchase CCV for studios unless it's a fixed week. Other than that, I would take my chances at 7 months with a 1 bdr or larger.
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:39 AM   #15
bradybunch
One Bedroom

Isnít BRV due a complete renovation soon? It will be interesting to see what the new rooms look like.
bradybunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:45 AM   #16
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

When I purchased CCV I asked my guide if he could book a courtesy reservation for me with my previous years points. Because I was not a new member he would not. If availability is so tight after purchase they should extend the courtesy reservation to ALL members.

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:55 AM   #17
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
BRV was never my cup of tea, we stayed there once and I did not prefer it, those long hallways messed with my perception.

We stayed at BRV and had our worse DVC/Disney stay ever. Part of the problem was the pools. Way too small and too many people. I literally had people constantly bumping on me and stepping on my feet. The other part of the problem was someone staying in a studio next to us with way too many kids in the room (occupancy limits please) and with the room over crowded, the parents let the kids play in the hall all day. So, we got no peace from the kids out in the hall every day. Which meant nap time was actually not. So because of the second issue, it left a negative impression on us for the resort which we have not over come yet.

Quote:
I would not purchase CCV for studios unless it's a fixed week. Other than that, I would take my chances at 7 months with a 1 bdr or larger.
I have mentioned this several times, starting with Hope when she was thinking about buying her fixed CCV week.......The CCV fixed week is actually a decent deal and with 11 month availability being an issue, makes the deal twice as good!
Old 05-08-2019, 10:14 AM   #18
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradybunch View Post
Isnít BRV due a complete renovation soon? It will be interesting to see what the new rooms look like.
Iím not sure. It seems like we just had a refurb? Maybe Goofygrl will know. Sheís usually a reliable source for that kind of info.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:21 AM   #19
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

DVCQUEEN and Hope were super smart to purchase those CCV fixed weeks! If I wanted a studio at CCV, that would be the only way I would purchase. We actually tossed the idea around, and came close to pulling the trigger. The deciding factor for me is that we truly prefer 1BRís, so a fixed week studio wasnít going to be the best fit.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:26 AM   #20
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
Does anyone have the number of CCV studios (and the split) handy?

Also BRV?

But CCV is lighter and brighter and with all the resort enhancements it was much more to my style, especially for solo trips where I plan on hanging at the resort more, sitting in the lobby by the fire or find a quiet spot to read.

I knew studios would be tough with the cabins and the relatively small amount of studios and the lower point chart. PVB has the Bungalows but a large amount of studios and a high point chart.

Does this ==> Room Chart give you what your looking for?

Where I'm Going 2019:

Friday, 01/18/19 - Monday, 01/21/19 - Offsite (Hyatt Regency Orange County)
Friday, 02/08/19 - Sunday, 02/10/19 - VGC
Sunday, 06/30/19 - Friday, 07/12/19 - HHI
Friday, 08/30/19 - Monday, 09/02/2019 - VGC
Friday, 09/27/19 - Tuesday, 10/01/2019 - VGC
Friday, 10/11/19 - Monday, 10/14/2019 - VGC
Friday, 10/25/19 - Wednesday, 10/30/2019 - VGF
Wednesday, 10/30/2019 - Monday, 11/04/2019 - BWV (Running 2nd 10K w/BFF - 11/02/19)
Monday, 11/04/2019 - Saturday, 11/09/2019 - BWV
Friday, 12/20/19 - Tuesday, 12/24/2019 - VGC

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote