home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-12-2019, 01:43 AM   #11
MMC1
Grand Villa

Goofy girl is correct about fee but still worth considering if you have points to burn & no availability to ďuseĒ anywhere. It also places your points into a different category that can not be returned into booking for DVC or something like that. Too much to remember.
I think this fee should be removed considering the low availability members are finding for booking. Has anybody tried to negotiate or had allusive pixie dust applied? For instance , it is waived if used at The Disneyland Resorts. So why automatically charge at the Disneyworld Resorts? It canít be that much extra bookkeeping work.
I would still suggest a phone call to guest services to ask about using points and the cash discount along with waitlisting maybe.
We only have a few more days until the 7 month booking window opens for Riviera. I am hoping this helps slightly.

Good luck, Sal!
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:14 AM   #12
MMC1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmoneous View Post
So I'm back home. Yes, I owe you guys some trip details. But ... Sal.
I have been waiting for your thoughts on new paper cardboard straws replacing plastic. Maybe you havenít experienced this yet but online discussions from LasVegas bartenders buying & bringing plastic straws to keep customers happy.
I was at Plaza on Main Street seated ridiculously close to 2 guys next to me complaining about drinking their milkshakes with these straws . Since we had also ordered milkshakes I have to say it was a terrible taste experience.

Anyway back to discussing availability and waiting for your trip report.....
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:06 AM   #13
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

check the rental board, check redweek.com, checkout facebook rental groups for confirmed reservations.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:12 AM   #14
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Personally I would take the 2 consecutive dates together that are available and waitlist the third night with a cash reservation through MS as a back up.
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:18 PM   #15
salmoneous
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks for all the info and advice! As for a question about drinking... thatís obviously a subject near and dear to my heart. I didnít have any taste issues with the paper straws, but they proved worse than useless for the members of my party who like to sip and savor their drinks. Half way through their beverage the straw would break. Some of us were immune to the slow-sipping-breakage of course. Disneyís heart is in the right place, but the technology just isnít there yet.
salmoneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:24 PM   #16
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Quote:
Thanks for all the info and advice! As for a question about drinking... thatís obviously a subject near and dear to my heart. I didnít have any taste issues with the paper straws, but they proved worse than useless for the members of my party who like to sip and savor their drinks. Half way through their beverage the straw would break. Some of us were immune to the slow-sipping-breakage of course. Disneyís heart is in the right place, but the technology just isnít there yet.
Interesting, how slow is slow? What is the breakage point in time?
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:36 PM   #17
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
I have been waiting for your thoughts on new paper cardboard straws replacing plastic. Maybe you havenít experienced this yet but online discussions from LasVegas bartenders buying & bringing plastic straws to keep customers happy.
I was at Plaza on Main Street seated ridiculously close to 2 guys next to me complaining about drinking their milkshakes with these straws . Since we had also ordered milkshakes I have to say it was a terrible taste experience.
Unfortunate what those Vegas bartenders are doing. Kudos to Disney for staying firm on this.

Can always bring your own reusable straws.

Cheers.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:57 PM   #18
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Unfortunate what those Vegas bartenders are doing. Kudos to Disney for staying firm on this.

Can always bring your own reusable straws.

Cheers.
Or own disposable straws.

If Disney gets enough complaints they'll switch back once the run out of the paper -without the fanfare that they brought them in. This is the place that at the same time as bringing in paper straws decided that a stack of paper plates wasn't good and they needed to place individually wrapped plates in plastic wrap in the rooms. It sounds like AKV is doing real, washable plates in the studios though.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:18 PM   #19
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Or own disposable straws.

If Disney gets enough complaints they'll switch back once the run out of the paper -without the fanfare that they brought them in.
Let's hope not. Let's hope Disney, and Disney guests, are not that myopic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
This is the place that at the same time as bringing in paper straws decided that a stack of paper plates wasn't good and they needed to place individually wrapped plates in plastic wrap in the rooms. It sounds like AKV is doing real, washable plates in the studios though.
Yeah, the first is definitely a step back and a fail. The second is good.

Cheers.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:59 PM   #20
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Sal, welcome back. You have been missed.

Dec is TOUGH anymore, moreso with SWGE opening. So my take it is you needed 11 months.

I would grab the 2 days at a larger resort (SSR, BWV, etc) and waitlist the 3rd night and grab a cash ressie for the remaining night on a deal that allows you to cancel the ressie in case your waitlist came through.

Just my 2cents.

Quote:
So I'm back home. Yes, I owe you guys some trip details. But first, I have the "Oh boy that was fun... I should book another trip" disease. Seven months out is mid-December, so I go to try to book a studio for 3 nights starting 12/11/19... and holy crap there's not a reservation anywhere at WDW. Is this the studio-availably problem, or just the normal you need the 11-month window to book December problem. Doesn't really matter what's causing it... but what should I do...

There are a few resorts with 1-2 of the three days available. How does that work with the waitlist? Do you book the available days and waitlist the open days... or waitlist the whole thing? In particular, what if the available days are more than 7 months out (i.e. today's the 11th and the calendar shows December 13 and 14 as free, but not the 11th, 12th or 15th)

If I want three consecutive nights, and don't really care which three, what's my best strategy here?

Also, is the rule still that I can have two open waitlists at any time... so I can do this at two different resorts?

Finally - and this just shows how out of touch I am with DVC - exactly when does the seven month window open. Is it still 8AM Florida time for online on the morning of check in day?

Much things in advance... Sal.

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote