home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-12-2019, 02:11 PM   #21
LOVINDVC
Grand Villa

Wonder if Disney would ever consider giving reservation priority to owners staying on their points vs. those points being rented out to others.

SSR OWNERS SINCE 2004
LOVINDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 03:16 PM   #22
Grandma Minnie
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
I have been waiting for your thoughts on new paper cardboard straws replacing plastic. Maybe you haven’t experienced this yet but online discussions from LasVegas bartenders buying & bringing plastic straws to keep customers happy.
I was at Plaza on Main Street seated ridiculously close to 2 guys next to me complaining about drinking their milkshakes with these straws . Since we had also ordered milkshakes I have to say it was a terrible taste experience.

Anyway back to discussing availability and waiting for your trip report.....
My DDIL absolutely gags drinking from a paper straw. So guess what I gave her for Mother's Day! Yup, her very own personal portable collapsable stainless steel straw in a carry case! We all had a good laugh, but actually she is thrilled now that so many restaurants everywhere are switching to paper straws.
Grandma Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 04:55 PM   #23
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Or own disposable straws.

If Disney gets enough complaints they'll switch back once the run out of the paper -without the fanfare that they brought them in. This is the place that at the same time as bringing in paper straws decided that a stack of paper plates wasn't good and they needed to place individually wrapped plates in plastic wrap in the rooms. It sounds like AKV is doing real, washable plates in the studios though.
And banned plastic straws while simultaneously accepting sponsorship for Splash Mountain courtesy of Ziploc! I have one of the souvenir baggies that they handed out right after the signs went up. But it’s all about the environment...
Old 05-12-2019, 06:12 PM   #24
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVINDVC View Post
Wonder if Disney would ever consider giving reservation priority to owners staying on their points vs. those points being rented out to others.

So, say you take family every year. Of course only your room should get priority?
Old 05-12-2019, 06:24 PM   #25
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

Welcome back Sal!

I would book the days available and waitlist the missing days. I would also stalk the RAT, too. That’s how I put my DD’s week together for October.

I’ve also had good luck getting into SSR for trips with shorter lead time.

Upcoming Trips:
7/28-8/1 BWV
9/29-10/2 SSR
10/20-10/27 AKV - Kidani
PirateLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:42 PM   #26
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Seriously, bars have extra straws - when the paper breaks down = chuck and replace repeatedly until no longer needed
Old 05-13-2019, 07:32 AM   #27
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

no.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:43 AM   #28
bubster
Grand Villa

Quote:

How would they know? Knee-jerk reaction was “hell yeah” but owners’ points are theirs to do what they want and I wouldn’t want it any other way.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:01 AM   #29
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Unfortunate what those Vegas bartenders are doing. Kudos to Disney for staying firm on this.

Can always bring your own reusable straws.

Cheers.
Here in TN I get teased about carrying the stainless steal straws and my own shopping bags
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:43 PM   #30
salmoneous
Add-on Aficionado

You guys have convinced me that December is a longer shot no matter what, so I moved my plans to pre-Thanksgiving week. Put in two wait lists and crossed my fingers.

The only thing is, I'm not sure if I crossed my fingers for the wait lists to come through, or for them not to come through. You guys put the idea of the Disney Collection in my head and with the Skyway opening staying at AoA or CBR is tempting. I don't think I could willingly pay the higher point costs and $95 fee for those over DVC, but if I get stuck there....
salmoneous is offline   Reply With Quote