home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-13-2019, 06:00 PM   #31
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmoneous View Post
You guys have convinced me that December is a longer shot no matter what, so I moved my plans to pre-Thanksgiving week. Put in two wait lists and crossed my fingers.

The only thing is, I'm not sure if I crossed my fingers for the wait lists to come through, or for them not to come through. You guys put the idea of the Disney Collection in my head and with the Skyway opening staying at AoA or CBR is tempting. I don't think I could willingly pay the higher point costs and $95 fee for those over DVC, but if I get stuck there....
Well, that wasn't what I for one intended to communicate. Having 2 days booked in December and a waitlist for one night wasn't too concerning to me. It's what I would have gone for. And much more likely than a waitlist for 3 nights in November that has just been set up. Food and Wine is running long this year and I don't know if there's going to be that down week like there has been in the past. I'd book the 2 nights in December or if you can make it work try to get 3 nights at Riviera. It opens Dec 16th and the 7 month window opens this Thursday.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:10 PM   #32
salmoneous
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Well, that wasn't what I for one intended to communicate. Having 2 days booked in December and a waitlist for one night wasn't too concerning to me. It's what I would have gone for. And much more likely than a waitlist for 3 nights in November that has just been set up. Food and Wine is running long this year and I don't know if there's going to be that down week like there has been in the past. I'd book the 2 nights in December or if you can make it work try to get 3 nights at Riviera. It opens Dec 16th and the 7 month window opens this Thursday.
Thanks. But sadly, two nights of availability turned into one before I booked. I am temped to try for Riveria on the 16th. But other than the skyliner and the try-every-resort thing, it's just not appealing to me. I suspect it will be much nicer and more desirable once I see it so maybe I'll go for it.

I haven't been paying attention to the boards. Are other people excited about it?

Decisions... decisions.
salmoneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 06:40 PM   #33
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks. But sadly, two nights of availability turned into one before I booked. I am temped to try for Riveria on the 16th. But other than the skyliner and the try-every-resort thing, it's just not appealing to me. I suspect it will be much nicer and more desirable once I see it so maybe I'll go for it.

I haven't been paying attention to the boards. Are other people excited about it?

Decisions... decisions.
Quite a bit of excitement from many! I'm not exactly one either although I'm sure it'll be very nice. Just have my other favorites. I never knock any place that'll give me a room when there's nothing else available though so I'd be trying to get it if I were looking for a trip before the end of the year. We'll try it out sometime - the skyliner does look quite cool.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:58 PM   #34
JPO
One Bedroom

Following along
JPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 06:58 PM   #35
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Quote:
You guys have convinced me that December is a longer shot no matter what, so I moved my plans to pre-Thanksgiving week. Put in two wait lists and crossed my fingers.

The only thing is, I'm not sure if I crossed my fingers for the wait lists to come through, or for them not to come through. You guys put the idea of the Disney Collection in my head and with the Skyway opening staying at AoA or CBR is tempting. I don't think I could willingly pay the higher point costs and $95 fee for those over DVC, but if I get stuck there....
Have to say we stayed at CBR last October for long weekend and I was out of points - we absolutely loved it...food was great & drinks were outstanding.

Lol my family is regressing out to of points again so we are headed to the all 🌟. Haven’t stayed in an all star since 1999.
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:05 PM   #36
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Decisions... decisions.
And is it a studio that you need? SSR had some rooms released a couple of days ago and I see the Dec nights you referenced available for 1BR's & 2BR's. Probably the same or less points than using the Disney collection for CBR or AoA.

edit - Actually I see SSR studios available for a lot of the week before Thanksgiving too.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:25 PM   #37
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen99 View Post
Here in TN I get teased about carrying the stainless steal straws and my own shopping bags
They are behind the curve and you are ahead. They tease out of ignorance.

Cheers.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:18 AM   #38
LOVINDVC
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
So, say you take family every year. Of course only your room should get priority?
Reservation

SSR OWNERS SINCE 2004
LOVINDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:19 AM   #39
LOVINDVC
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
How would they know? Knee-jerk reaction was “hell yeah” but owners’ points are theirs to do what they want and I wouldn’t want it any other way.
Don’t know but might free up a bunch of studios and 1 BR.

SSR OWNERS SINCE 2004
LOVINDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:56 PM   #40
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVINDVC View Post
Reservation
???