home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-19-2016, 08:31 PM   #21
cynthiasuzanne
Studio

We made it back - and it wasn't too bad. We were in BLT close to the skywalk and of course there was a gym there, so DH and DS spent a lot of time fighting it to get experience points. They weren't too bad walking around the parks playing, but they were playing. It also gives them something to do while waiting in some of the ride lines instead of complaining. My DD plays some, but not near as much as the other two. I think I saw more people walking around on their phones - IG, FB, Snapchat, internet, etc than playing Pokemon Go.

www.disneydrawingboard.com

Me, DH, DS (16), DD (12)
cynthiasuzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:51 PM   #22
MinnieMomofOne
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks to V-day event, I'm just 3 away from finishing my Pokedex. The special event is double candy for Valentine's, increased sightings of rare characters and six hour lures.

Let's see, in Disney terms...that's roughly double fast passes, event visits from multiple retired characters and almost doubling park hours for Valentine's. For free. Yeah, that's never going to happen!

Quick Links:
Amy's Disney books: Camping Disney and A Year of Disney. Both books were inspired by my Mouseowners Trip Reports. For more on the books plus blog posts, photos and videos, check out my new blog: ThemeParkBooks.
MinnieMomofOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 01:25 AM   #23
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMomofOne View Post
Thanks to V-day event, I'm just 3 away from finishing my Pokedex. The special event is double candy for Valentine's, increased sightings of rare characters and six hour lures.

Let's see, in Disney terms...that's roughly double fast passes, event visits from multiple retired characters and almost doubling park hours for Valentine's. For free. Yeah, that's never going to happen!
You are 3 away from completing your Pokedex! Wow! I'm not even close but I have gotten 3 new things in the last few days. I thought it was because I was traveling but it may be the V-day event. Either way, I finally picked up Mr Mime and Jynx (2 of each) in London and I just hatched Picu this morning from an egg I picked up in Bangalore. I just love how Pokemon Go tells you where you got the Pokemon's - they are like free souveniers!

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

My DVC Caste: Happy to be a Donald!
tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:37 AM   #24
MinnieMomofOne
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
You are 3 away from completing your Pokedex! Wow! I'm not even close but I have gotten 3 new things in the last few days. I thought it was because I was traveling but it may be the V-day event. Either way, I finally picked up Mr Mime and Jynx (2 of each) in London and I just hatched Picu this morning from an egg I picked up in Bangalore. I just love how Pokemon Go tells you where you got the Pokemon's - they are like free souveniers!
Nice!!! Especially Mr Mime!!! I wasn't counting regionals so I guess technically I still have 6 to go. But no international travel planned so those are out of reach. We hit a Jynx nest in SSR one visit & got like 5 that trip.

I hatched all the baby Gen2 during Christmas event. I need to buddy walk candies to evolve kubotlops & omnastar. Then when I get Hitmonlee that's it for Gen 1. Well, except for the 3 international regionals. congratulations again on me mime - that's a super sweet catch.

Quick Links:
Amy's Disney books: Camping Disney and A Year of Disney. Both books were inspired by my Mouseowners Trip Reports. For more on the books plus blog posts, photos and videos, check out my new blog: ThemeParkBooks.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:20 AM   #25
LouisianaMike
Studio

Default Any Nests at SSR??

I'll be heading down to WDW next week and will be staying at SSR.. Does anyone know if there is a Pokémon nest around SSR or Disney Springs? I plan on catching my share of Pokémon while there. I've already completed my pokedex to include all the Gen II babies and Togetic (Togepi eveolved) plus Mr. Mime (Caught in Norway), so I'm mainly in it now to reach a higher level (Currently level 34), and wait until Gen II is released.

During our F&W Festival stay in November at BWV's, there were swarms of pokemon on the boardwalk and around the lake in front of Boardwalk and Beachclub.. I hope it's as good at SSR and Disney Springs.

Quote:
Nice!!! Especially Mr Mime!!! I wasn't counting regionals so I guess technically I still have 6 to go. But no international travel planned so those are out of reach. We hit a Jynx nest in SSR one visit & got like 5 that trip.

I hatched all the baby Gen2 during Christmas event. I need to buddy walk candies to evolve kubotlops & omnastar. Then when I get Hitmonlee that's it for Gen 1. Well, except for the 3 international regionals. congratulations again on me mime - that's a super sweet catch.
LouisianaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:58 AM   #26
MinnieMomofOne
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisianaMike View Post
I'll be heading down to WDW next week and will be staying at SSR.. Does anyone know if there is a Pokémon nest around SSR or Disney Springs? I plan on catching my share of Pokémon while there. I've already completed my pokedex to include all the Gen II babies and Togetic (Togepi eveolved) plus Mr. Mime (Caught in Norway), so I'm mainly in it now to reach a higher level (Currently level 34), and wait until Gen II is released.

During our F&W Festival stay in November at BWV's, there were swarms of pokemon on the boardwalk and around the lake in front of Boardwalk and Beachclub.. I hope it's as good at SSR and Disney Springs.
Disney Springs is good & there are several stops in easy walking distance at Congress Park in SSR. It has been several months since our last trip, so not sure what the migrations have done to the nests. But there was a Jynx next between the Congress park quiet pool and the gazebo a few buildings down. That might be worth checking out; maybe it will still be something rare.

Quick Links:
Old 02-13-2017, 04:05 PM   #27
LouisianaMike
Studio

Default Thanks!

Thanks, Amy!! I'll let you know what I find there at SSR.. Just finished walking my Togepei today to reach 50 candy. I'm going to evolve Togetic tonight as my son got his 50th candy today as well. Now if I can just get the two regionals from Asia and Australia...

Quote:
Disney Springs is good & there are several stops in easy walking distance at Congress Park in SSR. It has been several months since our last trip, so not sure what the migrations have done to the nests. But there was a Jynx next between the Congress park quiet pool and the gazebo a few buildings down. That might be worth checking out; maybe it will still be something rare.
LouisianaMike is offline   Reply With Quote