home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-07-2016, 11:17 AM   #11
Jenifurby
Two Bedroom

Last week we stayed at SSR in a room with a Pokčstop right outside the building. It was awesome. It was close enough to collect pokeballs, and you could lure it and catch Pokemon while lying in bed. Also, the kids enjoyed being able to walk to Disney Springs and catch Pokemon. In the evenings most every Pokčstop in Disney Springs is lured.

What the toys do when I'm not home
@Jenifurby
Jenifurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 12:25 PM   #12
luvdamousetoo
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisPoly15 View Post

As a parent i would be furious if i spent thousands of dollars on a vacation just for my kid to stare at their phone all week. As if we dont do that enough when were at home.

I don't mind the craze of "Pokemon Go"...but I COMPLETELY agree with you on this! I guess it would be different if the entire family was into it.
luvdamousetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 12:30 PM   #13
grayandry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisPoly15 View Post
As a parent i would be furious if i spent thousands of dollars on a vacation just for my kid to stare at their phone all week. As if we dont do that enough when were at home.
Luckily for me, my 11 year old twins don't have phones (and won't for sometime), and they are limited to 30 minutes on the iPads in our house - which only work with wifi. If they were into the Poki thing, I might go crazy.
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:46 PM   #14
PartPixie
Studio

I laughed so hard when I read this post. Until I realized all the sudden the parks will flood with more attendance again. Since I can't ride a good portion of the rides I might take up this game. I wont mention it to my daughter. Guarantee I wont see her once she sees this post. she'll be gone chasing them!

PartPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 02:07 PM   #15
Kickapoo Joie Juice
DVC Board Guide

D17 has been going all over the US on college tours, and some of the best Pokemon she's caught have been in distant places.

I don't play it, but it's hilariously fun to walk along with both girls as they're "hunting" and making sure they don't walk into anything they shouldn't. The dog is getting a LOT more walks lately.
Kickapoo Joie Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 02:43 PM   #16
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayandry View Post
Luckily for me, my 11 year old twins don't have phones (and won't for sometime), and they are limited to 30 minutes on the iPads in our house - which only work with wifi. If they were into the Poki thing, I might go crazy.

Trust me, you WILL survive if they catch Pokémon Fever! I have lived with this slow, progressively worsening disease for many, many years. It started with my son and the playing cards. Then we needed the action figures/figurines/whatever! Then the inevitable movies, etc. I thought it was over, but Emily came along and took up the baton when Brandon dropped it. Not only did she feel the need to immerse herself in the Pokeworld, she had to explain it to me in great detail! "Ash's Pikachu doesn't evolve, because he is strong enough without evolving!" "No, mom. We like Meowth. We don't like Mewtwo." Last year I jokingly sent her a picture of the store window in Japan (world showcase). I got a text back saying "I need one of those, please and thank you." Until then, I had somehow missed the fact that Pikachu evolved from Pichu, and Pichu was not in our collection. Sigh! I have survived, and you will too.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:15 PM   #17
grayandry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
[/b]

Trust me, you WILL survive if they catch Pokémon Fever! I have lived with this slow, progressively worsening disease for many, many years. It started with my son and the playing cards. Then we needed the action figures/figurines/whatever! Then the inevitable movies, etc. I thought it was over, but Emily came along and took up the baton when Brandon dropped it. Not only did she feel the need to immerse herself in the Pokeworld, she had to explain it to me in great detail! "Ash's Pikachu doesn't evolve, because he is strong enough without evolving!" "No, mom. We like Meowth. We don't like Mewtwo." Last year I jokingly sent her a picture of the store window in Japan (world showcase). I got a text back saying "I need one of those, please and thank you." Until then, I had somehow missed the fact that Pikachu evolved from Pichu, and Pichu was not in our collection. Sigh! I have survived, and you will too.
I guess we will see. I'm going to hope they don't get involved. They seem very uninterested.
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 03:25 PM   #18
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayandry View Post
I guess we will see. I'm going to hope they don't get involved. They seem very uninterested.
Fingers crossed for you that they stay uninterested!
Old 08-07-2016, 05:13 PM   #19
Dana
Grand Villa

I've already told dh we don't have time in our next trip to do Pokemon Go (I fully packed the schedule). So, I guess we'll have to add a trip just for Pokemon Go
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:48 PM   #20
Shauna1ee
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I am actually looking forward to playing pokemon go in WDW- any tips would be awesome. I'm already looking forward to checking out Disney Springs